U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we have the thread on WIRE, I remember the outrage on there when Popmart tickets were $52.50.

According to the inflation calculator, that would be $97.86 today.

I haven't read all the posts, what's the layout likely to be? Will there be standing GA? Will there be any 'bad' or really far away seats?
The layout of the venue is very much like a gigantic amphitheater. The assumption is that there will be GA based on what has been said about the venue's capacity being able to go from 17,500 seated up to 20,000 with standing... but nobody is quite sure.

Here's a cross section

file.jpg

The entire half of the venue that isn't stands is taken up by a gynormous 16k video screen.

Those upper nosebleed seats are going to be high as fuck

Considering the cost of the entire endeavor, I am aiming for AFTER opening wknd. It’ll be rife with VIPs and I kinda want them to work the kinks out before gracing them with my presence

My thought process as well.

Figure opening and closing weekend likely have the highest demand (unless one of the weekends is a holiday weekend or something), so tix probably easier to get for one of the middle weekends.

Since we have the thread on WIRE, I remember the outrage on there when Popmart tickets were $52.50.

According to the inflation calculator, that would be $97.86 today.

Plus 8.35 in taxes, according to my ticket stub. The horror

The layout of the venue is very much like a gigantic amphitheater. The assumption is that there will be GA based on what has been said about the venue's capacity being able to go from 17,500 seated up to 20,000 with standing... but nobody is quite sure.

Here's a cross section

file.jpg

The entire half of the venue that isn't stands is taken up by a gynormous 16k video screen.

Those upper nosebleed seats are going to be high as fuck

Honestly everytime I see the picture I think of MOM ride at Jordan's Furniture in MA or the Museum of Science OMNI theater or I guess IMAX movie theaters but i never went to one because the first 2 always made me sick --- I don't do rollercoasters... my anxiety and OCD hates everything I've seen at this venue...

Nothing about this appeals to me on paper. I hate most of all the unknown. I wish they weren't the first thing so I could see pics and get feedback on how the place is....

Nothing is better (to me) than knowing the layout at MSG and knowing how to pick seats that work best for me the crazy man who loves a good aisle seat.

I can only imagine being crazy high up, the screen is filled with Bono's face and I orgasm as I fall to my death from a panic attack.

Who wants seat next to me???

can only imagine being crazy high up, the screen is filled with Bono's face and I orgasm as I fall to my death from a panic attack.

Who wants seat next to me???

Mid tier so I can watch you fall like a tear running down past Bono’s giant face.

l hate most of all the unknown. I wish they weren't the first thing so I could see pics and get feedback on how the place is....

Nothing is better (to me) than knowing the layout at MSG and knowing how to pick seats that work best for me the crazy man who loves a good aisle seat.

Yeah I feel this. At least give me a 3D venue map with a few prospective seat views before I drop stupid amounts of money.

my assumption is that they won't use the full screen for everything... not every song will be "immersive" and whatnot, and there are times where it'll simply be video of the band playing in the background and the overwhelming majority of the massive screen will be dark.

and then there will be other times where you can smell bono's farts and feel the wind from his arse in your face.

it's a musical journey.

Yeah I feel this. At least give me a 3D venue map with a few prospective seat views before I drop stupid amounts of money.

So I don't even get how the stage works... we are all looking down on the band and to the right is the screen? Or does the stage go up and down and the screen moves...

Honestly it sounds getting the first row seat in the movie theater and a stiff neck to see Top Gun 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2.

So I don't even get how the stage works... we are all looking down on the band and to the right is the screen? Or does the stage go up and down and the screen moves...

Honestly it sounds getting the first row seat in the movie theater and a stiff neck to see Top Gun 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2.

Think three tiers of arena seats under a giant videodome

78F4D2A8-3F82-4C9D-891F-329A2D391E05.jpg

First row would put you in front of Bono’s balls. Your stiffness, neck or otherwise, is your own business.

some Vegas/U2 relevant highlights from the document...

Evening Event (Friday – Saturday) Doors: 18:00 – 19:30 , Event Start: 20:00 – 21:00, Event End:23:00 - 00:15

Maximum bowl capacity: 21,500 with a mix of seated and floor standing or
17,566 in fully seated configuration. However, it should be noted that full capacity
shows will be occasional. The average capacities of events are shown below:

Concerts 15,000 – 17,500
"Attractions" -
Cinematic/Theatrical
Corporate Events, Private
Events & Sports
6,000 - 14,000

The audio system within the seating
bowl utilises beamforming technology, which allows sound to be precisely aimed to the
audience while minimising sound sent to areas where it is not needed.

Last edited:
some Vegas/U2 relevant highlights from the document...

The audio system within the seating
bowl utilises beamforming technology, which allows sound to be precisely aimed to the
audience while minimising sound sent to areas where it is not needed.

Thanks. I was just thinking about how I haven't read much about the sound at the Sphere. Obviously, things seem focused on the video component, but I'm guessing they'll spare no expense on the PA. A great sounding arena show is one of my favorite concert experiences.

Man those presale priority levels would really come in handy if they’d freaking USE THEM

sphere capacity.jpg

assuming that the proposed UK venue and the Vegas venue are the same size... capacity is 21,500 for mixed seating/floor standing - 17,566 for fully seated.

i would have to imagine that the U2 gigs are being planned as max capacity (or as close to max capacity as whatever extra staging the band brings in allows).

obviously i could be wrong - but common sense and whatnot would point to that

View attachment 13603

assuming that the proposed UK venue and the Vegas venue are the same size... capacity is 21,500 for mixed seating/floor standing - 17,566 for fully seated.

i would have to imagine that the U2 gigs are being planned as max capacity (or as close to max capacity as whatever extra staging the band brings in allows).

obviously i could be wrong - but common sense and whatnot would point to that

Let's have GA at under $100 face available to U2.com subscribers in both the "DeVaul Knows Best" priority 1 presale and subsequent "You Got Screwed for renewing Ya Idjit" priority 2 presale.

Maybe its the fever talking, but with the delays in any dates or tickets being announced, I'm now really looking forward to SOS being released and in a state of apathy about Vegas.

Man those presale priority levels would really come in handy if they’d freaking USE THEM

Ticketmaster said Sorry Not a Verified Fan because I made fun a little of Invisible. Very specific this email.

Maybe its the fever talking, but with the delays in any dates or tickets being announced, I'm now really looking forward to SOS being released and in a state of apathy about Vegas.

What is SOS? That fever is acting up. U2 broke up in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom