U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw the same tickets as CK did for Chicago 1 on TM at 6:23 p.m. CST. I want to pull the trigger for friends, but I have presale tickets so I'm afraid of the potential risk to my tickets. Someone on here should try for them, however.

I desperately need to get GA tickets to the July 14th Boston show (it is on my dad's birthday who passed away three years ago) He went to college in Boston and loved the Red Sox so for my favorite band to be there on his birthday is just incredible to me.I already used my presale code though. So anyway my question is it easier to get GAs in the general sale if there is CC only entry? I had no luck with GAs for MSG.

I just saw the same tickets as CK did for Chicago 1 on TM at 6:23 p.m. CST. I want to pull the trigger for friends, but I have presale tickets so I'm afraid of the potential risk to my tickets. Someone on here should try for them, however.

The presale limit has nothing to do with the general sale. Go for it! I'd have grabbed them and then bought a single in a row up or down -- we need 3 but hubby or I could sit in front/behind -- but we paid bills. Damn bills sucking up my tour fund!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Thanks guys. Interesting. It seems, then, that NY and CA are where the worst of this stuff is going on.

Which still doesn't make it any clearer how expensive I should go on Monday, seeing as the rules might be different for NY. I'm not good with the app, so can anyone do a quick search and tell me what kind of seats are left "officially" for the first 4 NY shows--it would be interesting to compare what's left in Ch. vs NY--as well as price levels for these 2 added NY shows? I'd have found that last out today, but as I said, the weather prevented that.

"The snow's comin' da-HOWWN..I'm watching it fall...":)

I agree, the presale and public on sale are (or should be) 2 entirely separate entities, but the stories I have been reading about all sorts of situations on U2.com just have me scared to pull the trigger for extras at the moment. I finally got GAs for the very first time for myself, so I'm just not willing to put them at risk. I'm going to show my friend how the app works, and I think he'll be willing to watch for himself. And maybe more will pop up from time to time. It's all good.

Thanks guys. Interesting. It seems, then, that NY and CA are where the worst of this stuff is going on.

Which still doesn't make it any clearer how expensive I should go on Monday, seeing as the rules might be different for NY. I'm not good with the app, so can anyone do a quick search and tell me what kind of seats are left "officially" for the first 4 NY shows--it would be interesting to compare what's left in Ch. vs NY--as well as price levels for these 2 added NY shows? I'd have found that last out today, but as I said, the weather prevented that.

"The snow's comin' da-HOWWN..I'm watching it fall...":)

I hadn't used the app once, and I still somehow got Chicago GA's, so give it a shot. If you are signed in and have the event page up right when they go on sale, give it a shot while your browser(s) are spinning.

Even if it comes back with nothing found, keep trying. The first few times it told me nothing was available, but all of a sudden it magically found a pair.

Question for SoCal ticket buyers:

Did anyone actually ever see/buy any seats for $48.65 ($35 plus fees) like Ticketmaster lists in the price range? If you look at LA1 & LA2, some of the worst seats in the house are still available, yet they all seem to be $118.85 ($100 plus fees). I'm not even sure $35 seats existed at The Forum...Just wondering. :scratch:

*I'm interested to know where these seats were if they were indeed available, especially if more dates are added.

Considering I bought three of these tickets, they exist haha. I bought one for myself for LA1 (upper level, opposite side of the main stage, row 12. And I bought two for LA2 (right behind the main stage, upper level, row 1. So they were definitely sold.

I hadn't used the app once, and I still somehow got Chicago GA's, so give it a shot. If you are signed in and have the event page up right when they go on sale, give it a shot while your browser(s) are spinning.

Even if it comes back with nothing found, keep trying. The first few times it told me nothing was available, but all of a sudden it magically found a pair.

It's done that for me as well. It'll say nothing available at venue and then ten minutes later I'm pulling 100 level singles.

I desperately need to get GA tickets to the July 14th Boston show (it is on my dad's birthday who passed away three years ago) He went to college in Boston and loved the Red Sox so for my favorite band to be there on his birthday is just incredible to me.I already used my presale code though. So anyway my question is it easier to get GAs in the general sale if there is CC only entry? I had no luck with GAs for MSG.

The general sale for the 10th and 11th was a bloodbath, so I'd expect similar for the 14th and 15th.

Which is why I'm going through all this brouhaha. I forgot to tell you guys I have no presale code, so I couldn't buy today anyway, and like I said, my Chicago buddy used up his presale ticket limit. So we're both stuck with Monday.
the fact that it sounds like it's easier to pull GA's, or there seem to be less glitches then the first presale, may mean that more tix might actually be available this time around.

But again, IMO all bets are off for NY. It'll be the same for online buyers as the bloodbath on the 8th, but hopefully the TicketBastards have forgotten that a few hardy folk like to go old school and they'll have spared the retail outlets a few less-than-$300 crumbs.....I think my analogy to General Patton I made yesterday in another thread, about the way I am planning my TM outlet attack, is not far off the mark, amirite? More like the guy who had bin Laden in his crosshairs. Getting him in the crosshairs was the easy part...you had to find him first...

Can somebody *please* tell me the ticket price levels for NY for the Monday sale? I'd still love to hear from someone with NY tix on this.

Which is why I'm going through all this brouhaha. I forgot to tell you guys I have no presale code, so I couldn't buy today anyway, and like I said, my Chicago buddy used up his presale ticket limit. So we're both stuck with Monday.
the fact that it sounds like it's easier to pull GA's, or there seem to be less glitches, may mean that more tix might actually be available.

But again, IMO all bets are off for NY. It'll be the same for non-retail buyers as the "bloodbath" on the 8th. Hopefully the TicketBastards have forgotten that a few hardy folk like to go old school and they'll have spared the retail outlets a few crumbs....

I either got blessedly lucky or there is only a bloodbath online. $30 Chicago nosebleeds at retail outlet. I'd have never pulled those online.

Not complaining, since the app worked for me, but anyone else using it have it not let you select tickets until 4-5 min after they went on sale on the website? It did that for me consistently. :scratch:

2400+ tickets available on StubHub for MSG...

My 86 dollar tickets are being re-sold by people for 250+

$86 tickets? You said "tickets" plural, so I assume those are a pair of face value nosebleeds. Or was it a single ticket? And for MSG? How did you accomplish this miracle?!

And 2400 on StubHub? For how many of the shows? Even for the first 4, that's still a large number.

Whatever it is, that app is not available for me. Probably because I'm not in the US.
Would be nice if TM would also make it available here.

Their used to be an option to switch your Itunes and App store over to the US.
So that's why I was asking.

Maybe it would be possible to log in on there, snag tickets for Amsterdam 3 and 4 via the app and send them over to europe. :hmm:

Anyone who has successfully pulled down MSG GA's, what's the best approach? My wait time went down from 10 mins to 1 min, then took ages at 1 min, then eventually came back saying the tickets I want are unavailable. Starting to feel deja vu :huh:

Anyone who has successfully pulled down MSG GA's, what's the best approach? My wait time went down from 10 mins to 1 min, then took ages at 1 min, then eventually came back saying the tickets I want are unavailable. Starting to feel deja vu :huh:

Got them on the mobile app - one took a few minutes to pop up after saying unavailable.

Got them on the mobile app - one took a few minutes to pop up after saying unavailable.

Thanks, but as I'm outside the US, the App Store won't let me download the American version of the TM app which is required. Had one GA for 26/7 and then it timed out :sad: Are all the GAs for MSG likely to be gone now or worth it to keep trying a bit longer?

Thanks, but as I'm outside the US, the App Store won't let me download the American version of the TM app which is required. Had one GA for 26/7 and then it timed out :sad: Are all the GAs for MSG likely to be gone now or worth it to keep trying a bit longer?

Not sure, but there are workarounds to downloading US only apps (google it).

There's a single $77 ticket (sec 208, row 7, seat 7) for Chicago1 showing up on the app. You know, if anyone wants...

I pulled a pair of Chi1 seats last night...similar section. They were $76 each - shame we paid the bills already lol!

Need 3 for Chi1 and may just buy a pair in one row and a single seat either above or below (ex: Section 208, row 7 and row 8 ). Hubby and I are taking our oldest so one of us can sit with him and the other either above or below. Might be cheaper than trying to buy a set of 3 from the resale sites.

the fact that it sounds like it's easier to pull GA's, or there seem to be less glitches then the first presale, may mean that more tix might actually be available this time around.

But again, IMO all bets are off for NY. It'll be the same for online buyers as the bloodbath on the 8th, but hopefully the TicketBastards have forgotten that a few hardy folk like to go old school and they'll have spared the retail outlets a few less-than-$300 crumbs.....I think my analogy to General Patton I made yesterday in another thread, about the way I am planning my TM outlet attack, is not far off the mark, amirite? More like the guy who had bin Laden in his crosshairs. Getting him in the crosshairs was the easy part...you had to find him first...

Can somebody *please* tell me the ticket price levels for NY for the Monday sale? I'd still love to hear from someone with NY tix on this.

imgur: the simple image sharer

I was the one who also saw those Chicago section 208 tickets. Section 208 seems to be a limited view section (broker websites have this listed on the ticket "details"), so you'll have to take that into consideration before you buy. I wonder how far you have to get in the purchasing process in the phone app before it tells you they are limited view? You don't see it outright, so it must tell you that right before you pull the trigger?

Andybrock, you're a saint. Thanks so much. I wish I could say to the lady at the counter, "I want section so and so", though. But *sigh* I can't. I'll have to take whatever pops up first. Though I'm going to stress NO Floor seating!

Today I scouted out my chosen TM outlet, in a grocery store like CK's. The lady was not the same one I spoke with on Sunday, but she was very nice. When I related the whole ticket debacle to her, her eyes got as big as saucers. She shook her head and said to me, "Don't worry, I'm a customer service manager, and I'm actually here at 7AM Monday. I'll make sure we're in and ready to go right at 10 AM, don't you worry." We chatted a bit and I asked her if anyone had bought from them at the general sale on the 8th. She said that no, nobody was there, and repeated everything I knew about it being a brand new outlet, etc. I made her get into the TM site and tried to get the pricing info from her, but she said she couldn't give me more than the dates right now. I said that was fine.

So far the stars seem to be aligning for me, but since this is MSG I'm going for and I'll probably be competing for something like only 10,000 under-$300 tix for my chosen show, I have no illusions whatsoever. CK, keep your fingers crossed for me. We "old schoolers" have to stick together!

And now I'm going to take a break from this madness the next day or so....:D

Does anyone know if Boston GA are still available in the fan bundle? I'm on mobile and it won't let me check.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So, uh, it appears that some of the remaining tickets have come down in price. For example, the LA shows now have a lot of tickets that were previously for sale for $312 now for $118. And some of the ones that were $118 are now $87. I couldn't even find $87 tickets before - the nosebleeds at the very top were even $118. This is a little irritating, knowing now that tickets I paid $118 for can now be had for $87. :angry:

So, uh, it appears that some of the remaining tickets have come down in price. For example, the LA shows now have a lot of tickets that were previously for sale for $312 now for $118. And some of the ones that were $118 are now $87. I couldn't even find $87 tickets before - the nosebleeds at the very top were even $118. This is a little irritating, knowing now that tickets I paid $118 for can now be had for $87. :angry:

Unusual to see prices lowered this early - often happens much nearer show time. The unsold tickets surely a reflection they have massively over-priced too many tickets in the venue.

Back
Top Bottom