U2 Single Releases In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
strannix said:

Actually, much to my chagrine, the Sweetest Thing singles were not released in the US. The last one was actually IGWSHA.

Also, I read that Miss Sarajevo was released in the US, but I never saw it myself. Ditto HMTMKMKM.

That is all.

I forgot about IGWSHA here! IIRC, it was released here so much later than the rest of the world (like months after...), that I already had the import and didn't bother to pick it up. Also, didn't the US version have a photo from the movie it was featured in rather than the winged hearts?

HMTMKMKM definitely came out in the US, Miss Sarajevo did not.

Pop Artist said:

Also, didn't the US version have a photo from the movie it was featured in rather than the winged hearts?

Nope, it had the cover with the flying hearts, but it did have a sticker on it saying:

"from the motion picture sountrack album CITY OF ANGELS"

Then on the back cover, in the bottom right it adds:

"Track 1 taken from the U2 album POP" with a picture of the cover of POP

Good Ol' Canada... if any of you south of the border live anywhere near the border, it might be worth shooting up here to get the single.

I picked up the Grey for $3.99 and the red for $2.99 all in CAD mind you.

Jeez maybe I should have driven to Canada, Newbury Comics had the grey for $5.99 and the red for $3.99 (USD)...of course with the $3,865.00 it would have cost me in gas to get from MA to Canada (at the current rate of $99.99 per gallon), maybe I'm better off not having gone.

Back
Top Bottom