U2 performed at Island Records party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They really need to stop promoting Bomb and start promoting NLOTH. We get it... Bono can't count to four in Spanish. But they've made some amazing stuff on NLOTH, and they seem to be denying its existence.

it was a private performance for their old record label, one they just left after decades. playing/promoting new material. at this event, would be in bad taste imo.

it was a private performance for their old record label, one they just left after decades. playing/promoting new material. at this event, would be in bad taste imo.

I agree completely. This was no promotion, nothing to get better sales or anything like that. Just a big thanks to the label that had been with them all the years, and U2 is smarter than showing up with new material when they've recently switched label. U2 might be a "commercial band" (like everybody else), most of their gigs are for promoting or a concert you have to pay for but this was not the time nor place to do such a thing, and U2 probably knew that.

Like tonight, hopefully:

NEW @U2 U2 TIPPED FOR 'LATE LATE SHOW' THIS FRIDAY
May 27, 2009
posted by: m2
U2 is rumored to perform "Magnificent" this Friday on The Late Late Show in Dublin. It'll be the final show hosted by Pat Kenny. The Irish Independent says U2 was originally scheduled to appear on the show a few weeks ago, but agreed to perform instead on Kenny's last night as host.

U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Pix, U2 lyrics, U2 Collectors Guide and more!

Great performance, great interview! :applaud:

Where is the video, mp3, script of the interview, photos, backstage photos...?:hyper:

Probably YouTube quite soon. :up: They performed Magnificent, then gave very solid interview. Bono talked about having dinner at Tony Blair's house and getting lost. :lol: Edge gave the host a gorgeous Music Rising guitar. All around great; hopefully it's up on YT soon. :up:

Probably YouTube quite soon. :up: They performed Magnificent, then gave very solid interview. Bono talked about having dinner at Tony Blair's house and getting lost. :lol: Edge gave the host a gorgeous Music Rising guitar. All around great; hopefully it's up on YT soon. :up:

The torrent is up now on U2 Torrents :hyper:

U2torrents has it now :)

Acoustic Vertigo :doh:

The answer to a question that nobody asked.

As ever with most of their watered down acoustic attempts, I say to myself 'play the song properly or don't play it'.

Edge playing acoustic guitar fed into a soundboard with pickups, Larry playing miked bongos, Bono singing, and Adam playing normal bass?

Yeah, I think the electric bass and semi-acoustic guitar is what makes it semi-acoustic. Honestly, it may not even qualify as acoustic at all, but I suppose "slow" or "quiet" = acoustic. I guess it's more acoustic than the album version. :lol:

That's funny - never heard of Palladia until yesterday, when my boss mentioned it. I don't have that channel on my cable. :grumpy:

Me too. I loved the banjo version and I like that accoustic one from the Island gig. I think it's quite a suprise that U2 would take a song like Vertigo that's such a stadium rocker and turn it into something completely different by playing it accoustic.

All guitar/bass music is acoustic.

"Electric" music played by otherwise acoustic instruments is technology getting in the way of the instrument.

Real electric music would be something like an electric keyboard.

All guitar/bass music is acoustic.

"Electric" music played by otherwise acoustic instruments is technology getting in the way of the instrument.

Real electric music would be something like an electric keyboard.

This is false. Sometimes you baffle me. :doh:

Acoustic music is music that is produced by the instrument alone. An acoustic guitar produces it's sound from the hollow body.

You could play an acoustic guitar, bongos, banjo, or a chello on a stage and it would produce sound. You might have to mic it in order for everyone to hear, but the sound is produced by the instrument alone.

If someone stood on stage with an electric guitar or keyboard and it wasn't plugged in you wouldn't hear anything, even if you mic it all you would hear is the strings not the sound. An electric guitar sends a signal through an amplifier. So saying all guitar/bass music is acoustic is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom