U2 performed at Island Records party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baaba and Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) were sharing the bill at Shepherd's Bush Empire. The band joined Baaba Maal for a version of U2's 0ne to the surprise of the sold out crowd.

Introducing U2 Baaba said, "I have a friend a brother who really takes care of everything. We share the respect of Nelson Mandela's vision. We need people to understand. We didn't make it yet but we are on the way. As we continue fighting poverty especially on the continent of Africa".

medium.jpg
OH NOEZ THEY'RE RUINING ONE AND YAPPING ABOUT AFRICA AGAIN!!!1111!!11! :no::scream::blahblah::depressed:

etc.

They really need to stop promoting Bomb and start promoting NLOTH. We get it... Bono can't count to four in Spanish. But they've made some amazing stuff on NLOTH, and they seem to be denying its existence.

Maybe that tells you something.

It's nice that they made the effort to show up at all for a lable that they owe a lot too - don't really care what they sang. Also nice to see that they don't bear a grudge against Yusuf Islam over the Salman Rushdie issue.

Maybe that tells you something.

Stop it already. This is not a U2 tour or concert. People here always find something to complain about. Think about why they did this as a "surprise" performance and hot a hyped U2 gig? NLOTH wasn't released under Island, no need to play new songs. New material will be played very soon.

lot's of them are not....

They will be. There is still time. Some of the most expensive seats might not be sold out now, but that doesn't mean they're not selling well. We're in the middle of an economic crisis, and with that in mind I think it's fair to say that they are selling quite well.

And I still think the new album has been promoted enough.
Some people were complaining about the U2 overkill at the BBC and at the Letterman Show. But I think it's impossible to please everyone if you're U2.

New material will be played very soon.

Like tonight, hopefully:

NEW @U2 U2 TIPPED FOR 'LATE LATE SHOW' THIS FRIDAY
May 27, 2009
posted by: m2
U2 is rumored to perform "Magnificent" this Friday on The Late Late Show in Dublin. It'll be the final show hosted by Pat Kenny. The Irish Independent says U2 was originally scheduled to appear on the show a few weeks ago, but agreed to perform instead on Kenny's last night as host.

U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Pix, U2 lyrics, U2 Collectors Guide and more!

Like tonight, hopefully:

NEW @U2 U2 TIPPED FOR 'LATE LATE SHOW' THIS FRIDAY
May 27, 2009
posted by: m2
U2 is rumored to perform "Magnificent" this Friday on The Late Late Show in Dublin. It'll be the final show hosted by Pat Kenny. The Irish Independent says U2 was originally scheduled to appear on the show a few weeks ago, but agreed to perform instead on Kenny's last night as host.

U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Pix, U2 lyrics, U2 Collectors Guide and more!

OMG!!!1111 the promotion!!!!1111

I guess U2 are less egoistical than many fans here on this board. It's always good to see them paying tribute to others. Also, Bono's voice is good on both performances and he's really into it, I like the respect and admiration he always shows to other artists. The sequence of One into One Love is great, they should do that on tour :up:

I guess U2 are less egoistical than many fans here on this board. It's always good to see them paying tribute to others. Also, Bono's voice is good on both performances and he's really into it, I like the respect and admiration he always shows to other artists. The sequence of One into One Love is great, they should do that on tour :up:

bu...bu.....but how are they gonna promote da album?!?!?!??!!1111

You know it's slow in U2-land news ,when the left wing side of the fan base is bitching about a corporation party "set list" mini-mini-mini-mini- gig.

another thing for some of you to keep in mind that there is a chance that U2 was asked to play Vertigo.

Yep. Still don't care. Still sick of them playing Vertigo.

;)

(Don't mind me - I'm cranky just for cranky's sake this morning. I feel antagonistic.)

another thing for some of you to keep in mind that there is a chance that U2 was asked to play Vertigo.

Ha! No. The thing is this...

They did the really nice version of "One" with that Boba Fett dude (or whatever the hell his name is) and, because they are showmen and have lived the majority of their lives as stage performers, they decided to play one more song to the crowd. Hmmm, what should we do? How about our catchy and popular rock song that features like 4 power chords and nothing else? Vertigo is easy as fuck to play and is a song that they can bust out anytime, anywhere without the need of any bells or whistles and it's fun and the crowd likes it. And Bono is wearing sunglasses.

Well, but when have they played an accoustic version of Vertigo (besides Vertibanjo, but that wasn't a real live performance on a stage)? Now I'd say that's something new. I like it.

You know it's slow in U2-land news ,when the left wing side of the fan base is bitching about a corporation party "set list" mini-mini-mini-mini- gig.

It's not a setlist party without something to whine about.

Back
Top Bottom