U2 on UK tv tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adele

The Fly
I don't know if it's already been posted but U2 live from Chicago is on Channel 4 in the UK tonight at 23:05.:wink:

Watched it last night. Very disapppointed.

Obviously it was going to be edited to fit into a slot of just over an hour. The editing, though, was a little odd. It kicked off with Vertigo - which meant that everything before that was dumped. They gave us LAPOE and SBS but omitted Bullet. Why?

They also left out the ZOO TV section (I'm assuming that was included in the 1st leg). In fact we did get Mysterious Ways. That's all.

True, Bono's voice wasn't perfect, but he's older now - and it was recorded live. It was fantastic on the BBC2 concert live from Twickenham. It was still fantastic a week or so later when I saw the band in Cardiff.

The big disappointment was the stage setup. WAY smaller than the European leg and not enough was shown of the screen.

I'll probably buy the DVD around Christmas time. Til then I'll listen more to the BBC Twickenham show.

TheHead
:rockon:

Spinning_head said:
Watched it last night. Very disapppointed.

Obviously it was going to be edited to fit into a slot of just over an hour. The editing, though, was a little odd. It kicked off with Vertigo - which meant that everything before that was dumped. They gave us LAPOE and SBS but omitted Bullet. Why?

They also left out the ZOO TV section (I'm assuming that was included in the 1st leg). In fact we did get Mysterious Ways. That's all.

True, Bono's voice wasn't perfect, but he's older now - and it was recorded live. It was fantastic on the BBC2 concert live from Twickenham. It was still fantastic a week or so later when I saw the band in Cardiff.

The big disappointment was the stage setup. WAY smaller than the European leg and not enough was shown of the screen.

I'll probably buy the DVD around Christmas time. Til then I'll listen more to the BBC Twickenham show.

TheHead
:rockon:
of course it was smaller, i could hardly see them fitting the european screen into a small arena, also am pretty sure the people with behind the stage seats would be quite dissapointed, also, they show pretty much the same images on the DVD, as they did in europe, the 3rd leg now has all the visuals used for europe,

bono's voice was just as good as it was on the boston DVD imo, and i have also heard he was suffering with a cold during the filiming of the chigago DVD

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what did i learn today...

today i learned that arenas are smaller than stadiums.

yayyy
ah but they are only smaller than some stadiums :wink:

Spinning_head said:
Are you extracting the michael, Headache???

:lol:

Yeah, I think headache is. Don't think will understand your post though???:huh:

Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
bono's voice was just as good as it was on the boston DVD imo [/B]

As good as? Surely you mean as bad as? IMO, Bono's voice on the Boston DVD was as weak as it's ever been on an official release. I think that, although not as it once was, his voice is pretty good this tour.

I have to admit that I haven't watched the Chicago DVD yet......my wife won't ley me as it's a Christmas present:madspit: I've seen/heard plenty of boots though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom