u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt they would have complained if U2 wanted to play; Mysterious Ways or Desire or Bad or New Years Day...... Maybe I'm wrong, but these are big hits...

I think your wrong! Radio 1 is a radio station for today's music and would only allow recent U2 classics!

I remember once when Chris Moyles really wanted to play WTSHNN on his breakfast show and his producer refused to let him do it and they were having an on air argument about it

I think Breathe was the last-minute inclusion in the absence of a cover, since the band were being pitched as playing a "vintage" song days ago - i.e. BD, as much as we may consider it recent output. It's already playing on "classic rock" stations here; it's in the public consciousness as a vintage track.

On the video feed you actually saw the caption for Beautiful Day being created before the set. The Get on your Boots and Breathe captions were already there.

A bunch of friends have just met Bono in front of BBC and it seems they will play outdoors in London about 5pm (local time).:up:

Ok my advise to all you non UK'ers is to tune into Radio 2 at 5pm then as they are due on Chris Evans show i reckon it could be broadcast live!

By the way, just a word of caution: don't get too hyped up about the secret gig's potential, folks. From what I've heard, if it happens, it'll be just 10-15 minutes.

I think they'll play 2 maybe 3 songs that's it.

They are a long way up too - lots of strained necks.

But saying that there are big speakers all over the front of the building :)

Is anyone recording/uploading the interview sections aswell as the live tracks?

I wish i wasn't a complete fool and could do stuff like this.:reject:

By the way, just a word of caution: don't get too hyped up about the secret gig's potential, folks. From what I've heard, if it happens, it'll be just 10-15 minutes.

i think you might be referring to the 6:00-6:15 start time. from what i heard, the concert will start between these times, not last from 6:00-6:15.

Right, I had some issues with the webcast in that it doesn't play smoothly, it stops and catches up every few seconds. This is what I can offer for the moment.....

Jo Whiley BBC Radio 1 FM 27-02-2009
MP3 192kbps from the FM broadcast (Unedited)
55mins 28s
Interview / Get On Your Boots / Beautiful Day / Breathe

http://www.send space.com/file/ygnopq (76.1 Mb)

Magnificent video from the webcast (re-encoded using same settings as broadcast, but video isn't smooth)
Video: 512x288 240kbps
Audio: 128kbps MP3
7mins 6s

BBC_U2_Magnificent.flv (19.3 Mb)

Magnificent audio from the webcast (edited)
4m 34s
192kbps Windows Media Audio

BBC_U2_Magnificent.wma (6.3 Mb)

:wink:

And Bono is currently speaking on Radio 5 Live....

i think you might be referring to the 6:00-6:15 start time.

No, I'm not.

I'm explicitly referring to it lasting 10-15 minutes. I'm not staking my reputation on it, but that's what I've been told. I personally hope it's longer. Indeed, when this rumour first broke, I believed it would be.

Wait and see.

No Pictures, but it is on top of the BBC building, directly above the main entrance about 5/6 storeys up.

Lots of nice big speakers facing down upper Regent St

No, I'm not.

I'm explicitly referring to it lasting 10-15 minutes. I'm not staking my reputation on it, but that's what I've been told. I personally hope it's longer. Indeed, when this rumour first broke, I believed it would be.

Wait and see.

really? where did you hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom