u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought u2 sounded the best i have heard them play new song at such an early stage. Normally they can sound a bit rusty at this point...but they pulled off the new song superbly.

Ok all in total.....not a spectecular gig....for me Beautiful was a bit upset the gig they could played something new instead for that alibi number.....:hmm::|:huh:

Well, I personally found that set pretty enjoyable, apart from Radio 1 deciding to play some rubbish instead of Magnificent, which I'd love to hear.

Wrap-up of the appearance here, with the setlist and other details if anybody wants a one-stop reference: U2gigs.com - U2 play live on BBC radio

How can they play a secret gig at 6ish if they are on the Chris Evens show?

Because it's for his show?

Or even something a little less common... How awesome would Even Better Than the Real thing have been??? Gah.....

Well if they choose 3 numbers why then a number that is nearly overplayed and not verry awesome, because they need an alibi number where they not fuck up.

Anyway lets see what comes in the afternoon on the rooftop gig. Hope dies at last. But Beautiful Day didn´t make my day today.:huh:

Obviously they went with Beautiful Day last minute (hence why the video feed had 15 minutes of someone writing up the caption for it) when their plans for a cover fell through. A last minute safe song they knew they could play to a reasonable standard. Not sure why people are bitching, I was surprised they didn't just pull I will follow or Vertigo out of the hat, but in terms of a radio promo Beautiful Day was an appropriate choice

Obviously they went with Beautiful Day last minute (hence why the video feed had 15 minutes of someone writing up the caption for it) when their plans for a cover fell through. A last minute safe song they knew they could play to a reasonable standard. Not sure why people are bitching, I was surprised they didn't just pull I will follow or Vertigo out of the hat, but in terms of a radio promo Beautiful Day was an appropriate choice

I would have much preferred either of those....

i thought Beautiful Day was a sweet choice specially for today... it's a classic

I think Breathe was the last-minute inclusion in the absence of a cover, since the band were being pitched as playing a "vintage" song days ago - i.e. BD, as much as we may consider it recent output. It's already playing on "classic rock" stations here; it's in the public consciousness as a vintage track.

Radio 1 would not of allowed U2 to play anything from the back catolouge it would of had to of been something that Radio 1 still plays from time to time meaning either Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL. You have to remember Radio 1 is a radio station for now music not music from the 80's and 90's etc hence them playing BD which is a modern day classic

Radio 1 would not of allowed U2 to play anything from the back catolouge it would of had to of been something that Radio 1 still plays from time to time meaning either Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL. You have to remember Radio 1 is a radio station for now music not music from the 80's and 90's etc hence them playing BD which is a modern day classic

Yeah, that makes sense.

I seriously doubt they would have complained if U2 wanted to play; Mysterious Ways or Desire or Bad or New Years Day...... Maybe I'm wrong, but these are big hits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom