U2 on Conan OBrien this Thursday... 10/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:
Conan should do the 'In The Year 2000' bit with Edge being the other person :wink: Edge would be perfect for that.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, Conan tapes his shows at around 5pm....So, they should be there and will be playing in an hour or so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think watching conan and larry having a staring contest would be pretty funny, if only to see conan trying his hardest to win and larry just sitting there with his arms crossed not giving a rip... but still not blinking.

james

this whole conan thing got me to remembering when bono and larry were on letterman way back and all anyone talked about afterwards was "is larry wearing lip-gloss!?"

james

A friend of mine works at NBC and U2 is performing right now on circuit tv. He said they just got through playing "Original of The Species" with a strings section. They also have been rehearsing "Crumbs", Vertigo and All Because Of You. He has been watching for the past two hours. Mostly tweaking and sound bits. Cool stuff!

u2okc said:
A friend of mine works at NBC and U2 is performing right now on circuit tv. He said they just got through playing "Original of The Species" with a strings section. They also have been rehearsing "Crumbs", Vertigo and All Because Of You. He has been watching for the past two hours. Mostly tweaking and sound bits. Cool stuff!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Hell yeah!

u2okc said:
He said they just got through playing "Original of The Species" with a strings section.

:ohmy:

And that's a :ohmy: for a couple of reasons!
1. Might sound pretty cool
2. Throwback to the original Bomb recording sessions??

so much for avoiding the forum tomorrow until I can see my tape----I've got to avoid it now! :wink:

gonna set my alarm for 12:30am because there is NO WAY of me staying up to watch this....and i do not have tivo or anything.

sami0201 said:
wow, what are they gonna do, put on a concert? :lol:

Yeah, I wonder if they're either using these rehearsals as general rehearsals for the NY stay, or if they're going to play a lot more than we'll end up seeing on tv.

oh, to be a fly on the wall in conan's studio! :bono:

Utoo said:

Yeah, I wonder if they're either using these rehearsals as general rehearsals for the NY stay, or if they're going to play a lot more than we'll end up seeing on tv.

oh, to be a fly on the wall in conan's studio! :bono:

:yes:

I hope we don't get screwed like we did for SNL and they play more that we don't get to see :madspit:

sami0201 said:

:yes:

I hope we don't get screwed like we did for SNL and they play more that we don't get to see :madspit:

OMG...I remember that!!! I wanted to cry when Bono started to singing again, and they did not air it. I am sure the audience got a kick ass show:sad:

Almost 7 hours!
:hyper:

I have to say I think it's funny how excited we are about this. It almost reminds me of when it was rumored that Indie 103 was going to play Vertigo for the first time. :laugh:

:hyper:

kellyahern said:
from @u2:

"Conan walked the line this morning and played guitar while fans in line sang along, then held a U2 trivia contest on camera. Fans were told to expect a two-hour taping in case the band wants to play 7 or 8 songs. "

Great for the fans in there, but sucks for us as I'm sure we won't get to see the whole thing :angry: :sad:

thru a middle person I know, Universal (their label) has stated:

Late Night with Conan O'Brien

The first artist to have an entire show devoted exclusively to them.

Performances Include:

VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES

plus talking on the couch with Conan

No other details. I know the general info. was already posted. Just wanted to participate :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom