*U2 @ Obamas Inauguration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there were other musicians in the orchestra pit who I am sure contributed with such things as the keyboards. they backed up every act.

Also the key they played at the inauguration is a bit higher than the studio key, so if it was prerecorded they would have had to ratchet up the key. I guess they can do that with modern recording technology maybe...but i think the main instruments were probably live.

I only recorded it for the audio. It was too far back for me to get them on the video screen. Plus there is a lot of crowd noise.

If there is someone on this thread who was actually at either the soundcheck or the actual concert can you confirm whether or not COBL was actually played live or if just Bono's vocals were live.

Dana

It was 100% played live. Simply because it wasn't the same as the album verison and the song was in the same key as the album one. The older live versions were 1/2 key down for Bono's voice.
The guitar sounded different too because it wasn't played on a Gretsch but on a Les paul. It was more crisp and clean.
The keys were most likely pre-recorded or played by someone from the orchestra.

Edge's vocals however....... pre-recorded.

Make ye wonder bout Edge's backing vocals at proper U2 gigs! :|
New Years Day // Beautiful Day // Pride // he always seems to sound perfect.

He does sing them, but for BD there are many different backing vocals, most of them are pre-recorded too. Edge does sing over it tho. He sometimes screwed up, that shows that he's really singing.

Sometimes background vocals are so layered some of them have to be played in during shows because Edge alone cannot sing with 20 voices at the same time.

As for COBL, I think most of it was live, but parts were sequenced in, like backing vocals and keyboards, but I'm not sure.

Sometimes background vocals are so layered some of them have to be played in during shows because Edge alone cannot sing with 20 voices at the same time.

As for COBL, I think most of it was live, but parts were sequenced in, like backing vocals and keyboards, but I'm not sure.

He CAN'T? I could have SWORN he was magic. :lol:

_46.jpg

Back
Top Bottom