U2 New Album Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Edge89 said:
These are the songs most likely (if you ask me) to be worked on at moment:

Mercy
According to a fan in Melbourne that spoke to Edge during the shooting of the first video for "Window in the Skies"

Love Is All We Have Left
Mentioned in the March 2007 issue of Q magazine, #248 (see link below).
http://www.bonoonline.com/gallery/albums/q_march_2007/q_march_2007_27.jpg)

North Star
Also from the March 2007 issue of Q magazine, #248 (see link below).
http://www.bonoonline.com/gallery/albums/q_march_2007/q_march_2007_27.jpg)

"All My Life"
Beach Clip, Eze July 2006.
http://windowintheceiling.blogspot.com/2006/10/beach-clip-4-dscn0404-all-my-life.html

"I Believe"
Beach Clip, Eze July 2006.
http://windowintheceiling.blogspot.com/2006/10/beach-clip-2-dscn0402-i-believe.html

Thank Your For The Day
Has been mentioned a couple of times. Said to be a collaboration between Daniel Lanois and Bono.
Bono read out some of the lyrics to this song on a flight to Ghana together with NBC's Brian Williams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQANEXCEP3I

Also worth mentioning is that a song called "Thank You" appeared on the rumoured tracklist for Andrea Corr's solo album "Ten Feet High" (previously "Present").
Bono was the co-producer for the album, which is a piano/singing album, however the official tracklist doesn't mention that track at all.

The Edge has also said that the band has 5-6 songs that aren't quite ready to be recorded yet.

EDIT: I just remembered about how a fan that took a trip down to Eze last summer heard a song that didn't really sound like the rest of the beach clips and that the mood of it was like the "So Cruel" (Sick For Love (Woman)/Back Mask U2) demos from the Achtung Baby outtakes.

Thank You!!!! Id love to get a listen to these:hyper:

:hmm: bootlegs??....missing studio tapes????....Stolen CD's???

J/K:wink:

they're working on Mercy? best news ever!! :drool:

I hope the rerecording of Mercy is as glorious as the rerecording of No Cars Go...

wonder when we'll get a new album...if it were this year I'd be so incredibly happy. it's doubtful though. but I'm sure by 2008.

Hidy said:
Good things come for those who wait!! I hate how long it takes too, but quality takes time. I would rather they didn't just rush something out and it not be great,that wouldn't be their style. So, hang in there!!

:yes: I preffer to wait and get something good :D

BonoFox1 said:

Thank You!!!! Id love to get a listen to these:hyper:

:hmm: bootlegs??....missing studio tapes????....Stolen CD's???

J/K:wink:

Mercy, "I Believe" "All My Life" and "Thank You" are circulating, I'd suggest looking for them in the "Music on the Internet " forum.
Actually those three beach clips are avaliable on the blog I posted before.

The "Q Songs" are not in circulation to my knowledge, and not the "So Cruel-esque" clip either.

OMG Mercy! :drool: part of me wishes they would leave it as it is :drool: but then they could make it better?, if at all Possible?

But then I prefer Native Son to Vertigo! Just my opinion :reject:

The_Edge89 said:
EDIT: I just remembered about how a fan that took a trip down to Eze last summer heard a song that didn't really sound like the rest of the beach clips and that the mood of it was like the "So Cruel" (Sick For Love (Woman)/Back Mask U2) demos from the Achtung Baby outtakes..

so more songs were played other then the Beach Clips most of us now have :hmm:

Also i just want to say when we spent Wednesday night outside Abbey Road studios.
I was talking to a guy who lived in the appartment building next door. And he said from his bedroom window he could see the band in the stuio's courtyard/garden area taking breaks.

here is the interesting part:

He said he could hear music and lots of guitars and catchy melodies, and that he didnt know it was U2 until about a week or so after they started recording.

he said one of the songs he heard was very likeable to With or Without You.

What are the beach clips? like where do they come from?! I'd like to here them but when I download them, my player doesn't want to read them :(

Last edited:
iloveedge said:
What are the beach clips? like where do they come from?! I'd like to here them but when I download them, my player doesn't want to read them :(

what player are you using? These play in itunes.

http://www.s avefil e.com/projects/1083272

(they are in this file, along with Womanfish, but that's an old one!)

I use Real Player. I don't have iTunes...so does that mean I have to download iTunes?

weird...those open with Windows Media Player. but that a good thing because they work! thanks :wink:

But like I asked earlier on, where do those clips come from?

waynetravis said:

Also i just want to say when we spent Wednesday night outside Abbey Road studios.
I was talking to a guy who lived in the appartment building next door. And he said from his bedroom window he could see the band in the stuio's courtyard/garden area taking breaks.

He said he could hear music and lots of guitars and catchy melodies, and that he didnt know it was U2 until about a week or so after they started recording.

Jeesh Wayne! You should have said when we were all there! We could have ALL clubbed together and taken over this mans bedroom for a fee :wink:

A WOWY? :hmm: :drool:

So did they start already to work? Are they recording now? When I met the Edge for the last time (it was exactly one month ago) he said that they are still looking for a common vision of the next album, so it's gonna take a while:wink:

waynetravis said:

Miracle Drug? :hmm:
Seriously though, that sounds great!
Thank you for sharing the information Wayne!

WAIT!!:hyper:
I think I know exactly what song it was that he heard!
It must've been Mercy!

Mercy->Miracle Drug->With or Without You!!!

Think about it, at the end of Mercy (I'm alive...baby I'm born again) in the right channel you can hear a Miracle Drug-like riff (like the two first notes of the opening guitar-riff of Miracle Drug) although you can hear it at other parts of the song as well it's probably most prominent here.

And I think we can agree on the fact that Miracle Drug was With Or Without You part II in a way, which brings me to the conslusion of my theory.
People....I think Mercy is indeed being worked on! Lots of guitars (check!) catchy melodies (check!)

Besides Mercy was planned to be right after Miracle Drug in the tracklist for Bomb (the red text):
http://stuckinamoment.net/coppermine/albums/HTDAAB/book19.jpg

:hyper:I'm sorry if I'm going to be totally wrong but I can't see anything wrong in my theory though...:hyper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom