U2/Metallica/Green Day tour ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I smell some mashups in the future like: Jump in the Unforgettable Fire :rockon:

And then close with a mashup of Metallica's One and U2's One.

I would rather lose one of my limbs than have to sit through a Metallica concert.

I'm not a Metallica fan, but did see them "open" for U2 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Famr concert and was very impressed by the energy they brought to the stage. Honestly I don't know why anyone would want them to open for them. It's a no win for the headliner.

That said, this will never ever ever happen.

The tour will be titled "Revenue Death Wish".

Why would U2 choose to tour with a band that would increase the perception that they are old and decrease he number of tickets sold? Any why would Metallica and Green Day agree to tour houses that are probably too big for them to audiences that are bound to be inattentive and unappreciative? Those guys have no need to play as support acts. It makes much better sense for them to play to a house full of people who have paid to hear them, not the guys who come after.

You'd get to hear a lot of great songs.

It would be awesome.

Don't understand the whining.

The clash between fanbases would be incredibly distracting and the setlists would be massively truncated because all of those acts could headline arenas on their own. The show would have to start at 5 PM to actually be worthwhile.

U2 and Metallica are friends. Metallica are a great live band. I love their music. I'd love to see them doing something together, not a tour but some kind of collab.

Green Day on the other hand ..... :rolleyes:

I've always been of the opinion that Metallica and their ilk perform what Mr The Edge once referred to as "guitar aerobics."

Which, I believe, is a polite way to call it "utter wank."

Um, I think Lars' tongue was firmly in cheek when he made that comment. He mentions dinner and alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol no doubt :lol:

If U2 can tour with Los Lobos, Public Enemy, The Pixies, Black Eyed Peas!?, Oasis and others. Then why not Metallica or Green Day?

I do question why Metallica who are a historically significant band would need to pair up with other groups in the first place.

I've always been of the opinion that Metallica and their ilk perform what Mr The Edge once referred to as "guitar aerobics." Which, I believe, is a polite way to call it "utter wank."

For any guitar players out there. This. "utter wank" referred is actually rather difficult to master.

The tour will be titled "Revenue Death Wish".

Why would U2 choose to tour with a band that would increase the perception that they are old and decrease he number of tickets sold? Any why would Metallica and Green Day agree to tour houses that are probably too big for them to audiences that are bound to be inattentive and unappreciative? Those guys have no need to play as support acts. It makes much better sense for them to play to a house full of people who have paid to hear them, not the guys who come after.

Actually, Metallica have no problems selling out huge venues. They have a large and rabid fan base. Also, they are fantastic live. Now Green Day however, had big issues on their last tour.

I've always been of the opinion that Metallica and their ilk perform what Mr The Edge once referred to as "guitar aerobics."

Which, I believe, is a polite way to call it "utter wank."

So? Metallica are a metal band, of course they play amazingly complicated and fast solos. Thing is, what they do isn't completely self indulgent. They just kick ass.

Oh and didn't this conversation happen when U2 were in Oakland for 360 and they were all very drunk? It will never happen, and as much as I like both bands, I hope it doesn't because the fan bases don't have all that much overlap.

If U2 can tour with Los Lobos, Public Enemy, The Pixies, Black Eyed Peas!?, Oasis and others. Then why not Metallica or Green Day? I do question why Metallica who are a historically significant band would need to pair up with other groups in the first place.

These Acts supported u2.It wasnt a joint tour or anything , theres a massive difference.

Who would go on last? This isnt ever going to happen

GreenDay, Metallica and U2 on one evening will not work! Fans come for one of the bands (most for u2 I guess)...besides, these bands are so different!

For me the only combination that would work is Radiohead-PearlJam-U2 :)

Sounds like U2 might be doing 3 nights in Boston. :D

Also, it sounds very wanky to me to bring this up with a journalist since it sounds like it was totally just shit-faced chat and not any kind of real intention. "Hey man, Bono totally wants to do a show with me."

These Acts supported u2.It wasnt a joint tour or anything , theres a massive difference.

Who would go on last? This isnt ever going to happen

Knowing Lars and Bono, the better question would be who would go first ?

Actually, Metallica have no problems selling out huge venues. They have a large and rabid fan base. Also, they are fantastic live. Now Green Day however, had big issues on their last tour.

So? Metallica are a metal band, of course they play amazingly complicated and fast solos. Thing is, what they do isn't completely self indulgent. They just kick ass.

Oh and didn't this conversation happen when U2 were in Oakland for 360 and they were all very drunk? It will never happen, and as much as I like both bands, I hope it doesn't because the fan bases don't have all that much overlap.

My thoughts, exactly.

Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, and the other bands mentioned above are pop bands, so they're fine opening for U2. Plenty of fans would be into both. Go to a Metallica show and try to find a fan that says they listen to U2. They'll be few and far between.

Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, and the other bands mentioned above are pop bands, so they're fine opening for U2. Plenty of fans would be into both. Go to a Metallica show and try to find a fan that says they listen to U2. They'll be few and far between.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant in my first post. I have no problem with Metallica other than just not liking them, but I can't imagine it would be an especially savvy business move.

I'd rather see U2 tour with Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon if we're talking musical threesomes. Kings Of Leon opened for U2 and Eddie Vedder is a huge fan of both bands. He sang a few times with Caleb on stage. Edge was a huge fan of Kings Of Leon before they were super popular. I would 100% buy tickets to that as I think you would find many in the audience who enjoy all three bands to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom