U2 Live on SNL Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xovonob now!

The Fly
What do you guys think?

I gotta say it started slow, built very well. I don't know quite what the deal with the zombie walk thing was. I guess it was him being dizzy from vertigo...

Bono's voice has never been better than SYCMIOYO...anyone have the mp3s?

awesome performance i thought, what was with bono grinding that obviously ungrateful girl in the front row? haha....i just cant believe they cut them off when they started ABOY

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! WHAT AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE OF I WILL FOLLOW!

Oh, I so desperately hope that ABOY is out there SOMEWHERE!

Wow

Is there anyone left on the planet that hasn't been blown away by this band live? Every time they play these stupid damn shows they completely blow the doors out. Remember last time?? I mean he had the damn cast in hysterics! Is there any other band in the world that could get away with what they just did and it be the coolest thing anyone ever saw? F**k they are amazing.

First time hearing anything other than Vertigo for me...love "Sometimes"...Can't wait to see them when they have the new songs down and rehearsed. Tickets are going to be hard this time!!!

I can't sleep now...

Vertigo = started rough, Bono seemed uncomfortable
Sometimes = absoluetely amazing, what a great effort by Bono, he was near perfect, and the music by the band brought it to life more than the amazing album version
I Will Follow = the greatest band ever, did you see Bono? The SNL crew were like groupies. The crowd gave them a standing ovation.

I love this band soo much!! and i love them more everytime i see them live...my god i really don't understand anyone who dislikes U2 i really don't...there live performances blow your freakin mind i was crying after I will Follow...i was too excited to cry during SYCMIOYO...although i'm sure once i hear it again i will bawl..lol
And i love Vertigo!
All is left to say is WOW...and where is that 4th song?? we need that 4th song!!!..
Bahh its 2am i can't sleep either ...what a night!! :dance:

If SNL is any indication of how the tour is going to be it's going to be a good one. I have to admin I had mixed feelings with the slow start, but at the end they lit the place up like they usually do. It was great. Still a little pissed they cut them off at the end, would have been good to see.

I agree that Vertigo was a little rough, but SYCMIOYO made up for it.....better live than on the album.

I kept wondering when Bono was going to break the barrier and leave the stage to whip the audience into a frenzy. Gave up hope after SYCMIOYO figuring they were done. Anyone remember any other SNL musical guest playing 3+ songs?

I Will Follow was great for the antics. Bono lapdancing that woman, Edge and Adam following Bono off the stage, and Amy Poehler weeping when she got to hug Bono on I Will Follow......incredible performance.

The first note of the fourth song sounded like they might have been starting into All Because of You from the new album. Just a guess.

Last edited:
Yep...there was a feed still going that someone else saw, and it was ABOY. I just hope someone recorded it (audio and video).

That was awesome! I was shocked when they started I Will Follow! Ahh and there was a 4th song.....wahhhhhhh :(

excellent show - true performers all around - lots of hope for the tour now
SYCMOYO - gut-wrenching - it gave me chills.
IWF - I'm a girl. of course I liked it:) but moving away from just the screaming girl part of me for a minute - that performance rocked. They looked like they were having a good time, the audience were sure having a good time and the cast looked like a bunch of groupies (which is very cool for their part)
In all an amazing musical show - made up for having to sit through the skits

maybe now would be a could time to start flooding NBC with emails requesting a webcast of the fourth song

Just one more thing...that last line in Sometimes that Bono sang... "I don't want you back."

Speaks volumes.

Mark Freedman said:
Just one more thing...that last line in Sometimes that Bono sang... "I don't want you back."

Speaks volumes.

gave me the chills really
it sounds like bono is letting his dad go

I'm also on the West coast. Is it just me or does SNL seriously suck now a days :huh:

Sicy said:
I'm also on the West coast. Is it just me or does SNL seriously suck now a days :huh:

Tell us if they play all 4 songs. I heard on this board that for the west coast they aren't cutting away the 4th song, ABOY.

Sicy said:
yes - that was slightly hard to watch the skits
but then again the musical act more than made up for it:)
It sad because SNL could be so relevant these days - The Daily show has kind of picked up that mantle

SYCMIOYO PERFORMANCE WAS ONE FOR THE AGES! MADE ME WANNA TELL MY KIDS AND WIFE HOW MUCH I LOVE EM

Mad TV kicks SNL's butt all over the place lol.

When do they supposably play ABOY? At the end of the show? Does this mean I need to stay up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom