U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are probably many 48 year olds who wished they looked that ridiculous. :wink:

me!! Me !! I'll look that ridiculous !! Pleeaaaase!! God why didnt you make me look that ridiculous????? Especially the looking ridiculous coming out of my limo part???

^ I think it's from Friday's show, it's playing on Letterman's website and yes there is a downolad link... somewhere around here :uhoh:

YouTube - Magnificent - U2 Letterman Show - HD

I didnt think this was as good as the performance of breathe. They didnt really "show up" for this except Bono at the end, but they did something to his voice right? Added some echo or something at the end? And who is he saying Happy Birthday to?

It sounds like he says something like, "Sam O'Sullivan, 50th???" Maybe??

I CANNOT WAIT to see IGCIIDGCT.

Larry is at the Knicks game :)

33e4d2p.jpg

Yay tonight is IGCIIDGCT!!!! :hyper:

Source?

And what's this about Vertigo/BD being rehearsed? I'm looking through the thread trying to find who originally posted and what their source is, but I'm not finding it.

Source?

And what's this about Vertigo/BD being rehearsed? I'm looking through the thread trying to find who originally posted and what their source is, but I'm not finding it.

Sorry it's just word of mouth right now, but I'm hopeful. Someone in the Letterman thread on Pleba said she is in contact with a friend who attended today. I actually still don't know if that means it's playing tonight, but we know Boots is Friday, sorry if I'm wrong about what gets played on which night. Excited :reject:

Ah right, so it's like the last couple of nights where somebody's texted the info to a friend?

Cool if it is Crazy Tonight, since it'd be the live debut.

The source is from someone in the pleba thread, forgot who. I haven't seen any false information so far so I imagine this is probably correct. Looking forward to it.

I went to the Late Show taping today. They played Crazy Tonight and did a U2 Top Ten list as well. Edge messed up one of his lines. It was pretty funny. Tomorrow night they are going to have an interview with the band on the Late Show.

I went to the Late Show taping today. They played Crazy Tonight and did a U2 Top Ten list as well. Edge messed up one of his lines. It was pretty funny. Tomorrow night they are going to have an interview with the band on the Late Show.

Sounds great, thanks! Can't wait to see the show tonight (or the interview tomorrow).

Crazy Tonight was great live. In the middle of the song Bono went to the front of the stage and everyone in the audience stood up cheering for the rest of the song. I was second row back near the center of the stage. I couldn't believe I was that close. The top ten list were "Things U2 has learned over the years". Paul and the band played an instrumental version of GOYB during the commercial break. As people were setting up the stage for U2's performance Paul and the band played what seemed like a ten minute version of "One".

Thanks!!! Wicked....can't wait.

One question. With Crazy Tonight....did he do the "baby, baby, baby" part twice, like in the song?

They did that part just like the studio version. It was great when Bono when out to the front of the stage because the crowd really got into it.

hey everyone
I am on the amtrak back to Boston but wanted to let you know about tonights show.

U2 did the Top Ten List tonight and Edge had the line of the night making fun of Sting!

They performed "....Crazy Tonight" and it sounded GREAT!

Bono again had everyone standing by the end of the song.

hey everyone
I am on the amtrak back to Boston but wanted to let you know about tonights show.

U2 did the Top Ten List tonight and Edge had the line of the night making fun of Sting!

They performed "....Crazy Tonight" and it sounded GREAT!

Bono again had everyone standing by the end of the song.

sweet! anything notable about the live version?

Back
Top Bottom