U2 interview on Pitchfork.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's mostly ruined by Bono saying crap we already know and stuttering half the time. :down:

I expected more along the lines of this

"So you recorded NLOTH your worst album ever, how does it feel to now suck?"

Then again it was pitchfork not Interference interviewing them...

Thats the thing with these sites, they will slate them and slag them off on the website etc etc (because its cool to hate them now), but when they get the chance to interview them, they jump at the chance,

It is interesting to see how Bono changes his interview style depending on the publication/show. Much more serious here than other interviews I've seen recently.

Also: Bono seems to be having a dig at Pitchfork's stance of loving "underground" music. Interesting.

Man, I dislike Pitchfork, but heaven forbid a media outlet not like U2....geeze you guys, ya now? :rolleyes: :crack:

Knowing the history of Pitchfork has had with U2 recently, I found that first heartbeat of silence hilarious, just after the camera first cuts from the interviewer to the band.

"When you're recording an album, do you have a strong sense of...."

<camera cuts to Bono, Edge, and Adam, all in black, sitting there dead serious, just staring>

yeah, i like that they went into it with that attitude. makes me wonder if there were some things said off camera.

doubt it... why would they even bother doing the interview if they werent comfortable with pitchfork and their opinions?

Does anyone find it odd that Bono compared NLOTH to the White Album when the band made a big deal about making an "album" during the lead-up to the album?

Thanks for posting -- let us know when Part 2 is available.

Two things made me laugh: 1) Adam's smiling to himself after Bono repeats the "chopping down the Joshua Tree" quote for the 4000th time, and getting the chronology wrong (he says JT was the album before Achtung). 2) Edge's appreciation of Bono's anecdote about Blackwell's comment on Bob Marley -- maybe Edge had actually never heard that one before?

If nothing else, the fact that Bono himself doesn't know in what order U2 released albums should tell some people on this forum that they need to get a life.

Back
Top Bottom