U2 In NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW...I have watched Jammed a gazillion times and during (It think) SYCMIOYO, during your sing along close up, I feel like such a freak with my face in the corner. Have you seen me cutting those blue eyes over, smiling towards you. I remember it happening. I looked over toward you/Adam and remember seeing this camera RIGHT there and when I saw it, sort of smiled- goofily. I totally feel silly looming over you like that in the Jammed performance. Everytime I watch it, I laugh. It is so bizarre, because I actually remember that being filmed. Just a programming note.......a funny one for me, atleast.

I had noticed, but thought it was cute! Besides, goofy smiles were the order of the day!

Seriously, that camera must have been right on my face during that shot and I had no idea it was there... :huh: So glad someone was paying attention :wink:

ree5669 said:
Seajewel, I ordered the dvd from the same guy Miroslava ordered hers from. I went back to my email folders and since I received my dvd, I deleted all the correspondence, so I don't have his addy anymore, but I am sure Miroslava does...

It was $18 s&h included. I was impressed with it (but I don't have that much prior dealings with bootlegs). Looking at footage from u2exit.com and u2 preservation on the net, it is really good. The concert starts with the guys coming over the bridge. There are a few shakey times and one camera dropping moment, but other than that, I was happy! Lots of zooms and closeups and the audio was good. Like I said, It is great to relive it since I was so loopy during the actual show. :) If I had a dvd burner, I'd help u out and get u a copy of mine.

HEY- I just went back to an earlier post. This is where I got it:
texegg6@yahoo.com
I am sure this is him. When I emailed him here he requested all further correspondance be through some smoky-something@ aol.com
but I cannot remember that specific addy. That texegg one should get u there though. :)
So I contacted that guy who was great with answering my questions, then I paid this afternoon and asked him to confirm my payment and have yet to hear back from him again! :evil:

Miroslave...are you the one with the dark brunnette hair, your arms at about shoulder level [as if leaning on the barricades by the stage], forearms crooked backwards with your hands were they back near your ears??

if so then who is ree....the blonde in the red & white outfit ín front'of you [via the angle of the photo}?

'***FINALLY***

got to my sis's house over the hoiday weekend. Ididn't get back to my apt till tues night werein I went to the library last night, but only had time to catch up with 4 days without real acess to the Net.

anyway...I finally saw and then took home the MTV Jammed show [she taped for me]
...:love: :applaud: :drool: :laugh: :drool:

even with alot of stuff cut off....it's just sooooo.....WOW!
They sound so good! they look so gooood! more :drool:
I'm SOOOO glad I was able to get there & in.

justlooking back at Headaches pics....i think was was just a little furthere back from him, nearly the same steeper angle to the stage from Edge's side.

But Miros....is thT T YOU SINGING AWAY ON SEVERAL CLOSE UPS????:D

Glad you were able finally to watch!! So, so good (considering all the editing...)

That is me with the arms folded back, the person to my left (blonde) is ree's friend and ree is the one to her left... and yup... that was me in the close ups... My mom sent my grandma a copy of Jammed. She called, "you were on it more than Bono!" Which was hilarious cause 1) my gradma knows who Bono is (she lives in AZ, so it's not like she gets it from me all the time) and well 2) not true... :wink:

IWF.gif
IWF2.gif
sometimes.gif

Was that really over 2 months ago?? Im still babbling about it to anyone who willl listen....still lookin at the pictures...watchin the video..definately the highlight of the year.

I think I need a repeat performance...

BonoBabe40 said:
Was that really over 2 months ago?? Im still babbling about it to anyone who willl listen....still lookin at the pictures...watchin the video..definately the highlight of the year.

I think I need a repeat performance...

Ditto :wink:

It was a month ago, nov 22nd...........

Hopefully this guy won't screw me and send me the FULL show!

I am sure he wont... if you are dealing with the same guy Ree and I dealt with, you should be verrrrrrrry happy with what you will receive

:yes:

Miroslava said:
I am sure he wont... if you are dealing with the same guy Ree and I dealt with, you should be verrrrrrrry happy with what you will receive

:yes:

Mirsolava,

He has yet to respond to me after I've paid!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I can stop payment on paypal ...I am pissed..

one4u2 said:

Mirsolava,

He has yet to respond to me after I've paid!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I can stop payment on paypal ...I am pissed..

I sent him a check, told him I was sending it and he said he would have the dvd ready for me - I got a few emails from him - seemed like a nice guy - maybe he is away for the holiday - give him time - :heart:

Miroslava said:
Glad you were able finally to watch!! So, so good (considering all the editing...)

That is me with the arms folded back, the person to my left (blonde) is ree's friend and ree is the one to her left... and yup... that was me in the close ups... My mom sent my grandma a copy of Jammed. She called, "you were on it more than Bono!" Which was hilarious cause 1) my gradma knows who Bono is (she lives in AZ, so it's not like she gets it from me all the time) and well 2) not true... :wink:

IWF.gif
IWF2.gif
sometimes.gif

"you were on more than Bono...." :eeklaugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:hug: you & your grandma!

WOWwweeeee~~~!!!

Miroslava said:

That is me with the arms folded back, the person to my left (blonde) is ree's friend and ree is the one to her left... and yup... that was me in the close ups... My mom sent my grandma a copy of Jammed. She called, "you were on it more than Bono!" Which was hilarious cause 1) my gradma knows who Bono is (she lives in AZ, so it's not like she gets it from me all the time) and well 2) not true...
IWF.gif
IWF2.gif
sometimes.gif

:...you were on more than Bono..." :eeklaugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:hug: to you, your mom & grandma!

After all it's R&R & U2, you look just fine. :hyper: & wacky activity is par for the course!

Last edited:
seajewel said:

I sent him a check, told him I was sending it and he said he would have the dvd ready for me - I got a few emails from him - seemed like a nice guy - maybe he is away for the holiday - give him time - :heart:

Do Not buy the dvd from that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He still never responded to my emails after I paid!!!! Yes, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, new years, holidays, whatever, so then I had my friend email him for info and he got right back to her :mad: and still, has not answered me. It's a SCAM! Beware..

Well, I'm not going to vouch for him or tell you how to feel, all I can say is that from my experience, I had no problem. I had no contact with him whatsoever from the time I sent him my money via pay pal...

And dazzled... thanks! :wink:

well you are a trusting person and I'm not....

Whatever, just trying to alert everyone here :eyebrow:

Last edited:
seajewel said:
Just sent him an email - let you know if he responds --- ;) asked him when I could expect delivery of the dvd

:up:

he probably will respond until he receives your check....:evil:

Last edited:
I sent him money via paypal. He sent me my dvd about a week and a half later. I asked him where my pkg was and he emailed promptly and said that it fell in the back of his car and was misplaced.He found it a couple of days later, and subsequently mailed it. His emails were very good, and pretty immediate. I was happy with the dvd. He does seem like a kid though. Every time he emailed me, EACH and every sentence ended in the work "okay".....he seems like a 16 y.o. entrepeneur (sp). No regrets, here.....maybe just dumb luck. :)
marieid.jpg

BTW... this is ME :) I forget who was asking earlier. Luckily, I actually look "normal" in the MTV version during my singing/dancing on IWF. I was glad about that, being my video vixon debut and all!!! LOL During this pic, I was laughing/enjoying/crying...very intense moment of a lifetime going on.....18 years of pent up love for these guys shinging through!!!! I cry in all U2 concerts though, this one was really big, being front row and all. 20th row was my personal best up until this point. :)

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
You weren't the only one in the front row, most of the reason I wanted the dvd.....

I am not sure how to take your post.

I wrote about my crying being related to my feelings and the best view I have ever had at a concert. I totally realize I wasn't the only one in the front row. I met lots of cool people there beside me! :) I only posted that pic because someone in an earlier post was asking Misoslava about which one was her and wondered which one was "Ree" ... I was letting whoever said that know who I was.

I am sorry if I offended you in any way and I certainly hope you get your dvd. It is really worth it. If I had a dvd burner, I'd make u a copy. Hang in there, maybe you will get it. :)

Last edited:
Ree - you had a great time (look at your face) and always remember it! Don't ever be sorry for that! It was a great day for U2 fans!:yes: (I will wait for my dvd I have faith in people!)

seajewel said:
Ree - you had a great time (look at your face) and always remember it! Don't ever be sorry for that! It was a great day for U2 fans!:yes: (I will wait for my dvd I have faith in people!)

Hope you do....Obviously you're not the one getting screwed, so keep the faith. I take it he responded to your email?

Hi there, Ree

:wave:

that was me asking . You do look like all those emotions are flashing on your face at once! I'd feel/look like that at some point the same if I ever got that close in concert. I'll look for you in IWF, next time i get to view the vid :D.

Being this 'close' approx 20th - 15th [moved closer] 'row' at Brookln WAS my closest ever! I was stunned with joy!

SO then the young woman [in read & white] next to you is your friend, if i read Miros comments right... Were you the one [or both of you] who drove up from....was it Alabama? Where do they play in that part of the South that's closet to you/ Georgia?

Tell me about, like, how that felt. I can imagine the mix of :hyper: & :yikes: excitment & anxiety, not to mention the :love: of U2 driving you northwards!
How far north, south or west have you ever driven? I love to travel [about 15,000 miles all round much of the USA], but only really by Bus or train [haven't flown since '87].

With NYC being a real walkers city, i never picked it up, and spent my money- when i had more in other passions/interests.

If I had more money I'd probably bus down to philly/ up to boston etc to see u2 more than once outside of NYC, but that's most likely not going to happen unless some miracle occurs for me this year. I have seen them in NJ 92 {Zoo TV !!! :drool:} [when couldn't get tix for NYC's madision Square Garden], and once in Long Island's oh what ever...oh, yeah...Nassau Colesium in 87 for JT tour.

Last edited:
one4u2 said:

Hope you do....Obviously you're not the one getting screwed, so keep the faith. I take it he responded to your email?

He did - keep your faith in people - you'll probably be a happier person:heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom