U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there needs to be a concerted effort on the part of everyone using the site to get the font color and backrground color made more contrasting.... Black-on-charcoal grey just isn't cutting it. I have to highlight all the text I want to read so it turns white (and hence is readable).

I was having problems with my order because in the "State" box i was typing Florida instead of FL, then i changed to FL and the order went through. Now all is good, i can watch all of the videos and check my @u2.com email

nice site.... I have no idea why it took so long to get up though, it's pretty much the same as before except in a different order and with some different colours.

This is odd. I tried what you tried....I was also spelling out the state, but then initialed it, but it still won't go through.

It seems to be going through for everyone else, so it must be something on my end.

It says I am signing up for regular updates when I get e-mailed from U2.com. Am I in the complete wrong area?

Okay...I tried about 7 times with the same result I posted above...then I went in and tried it with no punctuation...I had been using dashes in the phone number and a period in my address and such...when I removed all of this punctuation it went through....it took about a minute to get through after I finished the first page, but it eventually processed and took me to the Id# CC# page....have I cracked the code, or did I get lucky?

MrU2Macphisto, you are the man. That was it. Just enter the straight bare bones information without any punctuation of any kind and it'll work. I think its time I should go back to work now :|

Glad it worked! It's amazing that the developers didn't set up error messages for this stuff...who's behind this mickey mouse operation?

How many other people are unable to get the $20 Propaganda discount? I still can't get it to accept my number! :mad:

Last edited:
i got the prop code entered and it says $20 in my order email but it appears i was charged $43 instead of $20.

what happened there?

jmelrose said:
I think there needs to be a concerted effort on the part of everyone using the site to get the font color and backrground color made more contrasting.... Black-on-charcoal grey just isn't cutting it. I have to highlight all the text I want to read so it turns white (and hence is readable).

I'm gonna start a thread on Zootopia saying basically what you just said and hopefully the designers will change it.

chrissybaby said:

Hi mate... i think we are in the same boat here!!! i ordered my u2 fanclub subscription from fanfire through the u2 store on the old website. This then kept disappearing from the site so i got a bit worried!!! However i got a confirmation email from fanfire and thats all i got. It gave me an order number. I can look at my status through the fanfire website with this order number and my postcode BUT it gives me no information on how to login to the U2.com site!!! It doesnt really even give me an order status it just says "Subscription to U2.Com (U2CFNCLB) qty 1"...

is that the same as you?

exactly the same
its annoyign that an order status doesnt give you an actual "status" just tells me its been done, whcih clearly it hasnt otherwise i'd ahve a user name and password
grrrrrr :mad:

digsy said:

exactly the same
its annoyign that an order status doesnt give you an actual "status" just tells me its been done, whcih clearly it hasnt otherwise i'd ahve a user name and password
grrrrrr :mad:

ive emailed fanfire and told them what the issues are....
let me know how you get on, i'll do the same...:wink:

I'm in.

Order all set with discount. I had to make sure I chose a billing option. Received two emails to confirm.

Went to site to login. Not really sure if the site acknowledges you by name.

Went to Zootopia, edited preferences, but could not edit personal information. It just sent me back to the U2.com home page.

Went to Exclusives, watched a clip of the "Making the Vertigo video" but it asked me to subscribe to watch the whole thing. Since I am already subscribed and logged in, how do I watch the whole thing?

Hopefully, using this will help them work out the kinks. And let's hope kinks are worked out before presale time. :)

I finally called fanfire today about the problem with ordering the membership too early...11/22. She said even though I got an email confirmation, the order wasn't accepted and my card was never charged. I just have to go through ordering the membership again...the right way with the Prop number, etc. She also told me to do so tomorrow, because they're being overwhelmed with calls, orders, etc. I think this may have something to do with all the problems some of you are having...just too many people trying to do it. I think I may wait a few days after the initial frenzy winds down.

atikicat said:
I finally called fanfire today about the problem with ordering the membership too early...11/22. She said even though I got an email confirmation, the order wasn't accepted and my card was never charged. I just have to go through ordering the membership again...the right way with the Prop number, etc. She also told me to do so tomorrow, because they're being overwhelmed with calls, orders, etc. I think this may have something to do with all the problems some of you are having...just too many people trying to do it. I think I may wait a few days after the initial frenzy winds down.

it takes a lot to annoy me...really!!! but i'm very disappointed with how U2 are treating their fans over this. i dont want to go into details and moan (ive never posted a negative thread!) but this is taking the piss!!! they knew when this site would be launched months ago and theyve made a complete mess of the whole thing. fanfire seem completely amateurish they havent even let me know this wasnt going to go through even though it was an offer posted on their site 2 weeks ago, then taken off, then put back on again - bizarre!!! i've shopped on the internet for years and am a website designer myself and i have to say from a professional point of view if i'd have treated my customers like this i would have been severely repremanded.... i hate to moan i really do, but i hate shoddy work - it makes me resent loving this band as much as i do, people say that its not the band it's their management or their web designers - but you cant have it both ways, they talk of loving new technology and how amazing the web is, and they obviously want to be seen as having artistic integrity over everything with their name on it - well prove to us that you understand. if they didnt claim to love new media and claim to have artistic integrity then i really wouldnt talk about the band as though they are ultimately responsible, but bottom line is they do. i would have thought that having a huge client like u2, fanfare would be out to impress, obviously not....
anyway im off to spend another $40!!!!! hope someone will take this one off me....
sorry to moan.

Monkeys, they have crack addicted monkeys running that place.

I was afraid that my subscription from a few days ago had nto gone through despite having a confirmation number. Still can't get the name I want. Tried to give them my $40 under the substandard name I did manage to get for Zootopia but still no go. S.O.B.!

:mad: :madspit:

I tried to subscribe for the $40, but then it sent me back, and I got an email saying i was subscribed but i never paid. So now I have a free memebrship, but I want to pay the 40 bucks for the full subscription. when I try to subscribe though It says my name is already taken (by me already I guess) but how do I upgrade from the free membership without starting from scratch????

This happened to me too, so I started trying random things.
Try logging in, then go to the Shop and purchase a subscription (I had problems adding it to my cart at this point, though). See if that works.

You'd think it would be easier to give your money to these guys!!!

Good luck!

my advice now is just everyone stop trying until they iron this out, there isn't a limit on the amount of subscribers is there?

i just spoke to fanfire tonight.
i've had the problem where i've ordered the membership but never got sent a confirmation email for login and password so its not recognising me or my email.
the lady on the other end said it all had to do with the subscription offer accidently going up to early on the website and that had caused problems.
she said it would all be fixed tomorrow but when i asked if they would then email me my username and login etc she went a bit vague and said she wasnt certain how they were going to fix it or how/if they would then let me know that my account was active with username. her suggestion was to call back tomorrow - yeah sure, because calls to america from the UK and being put on hold are totally in my budget this month after albums, singles, ipods and subscription fees that dont work!
annoying annoying annoying

digsy - I just called again, too. The dumb lady chewed me out and said that it was all my fault. Furthermore, she accused me of hacking into the web site to place my order. I advised her that I simply ordered it through U2.com (the old vertigo site) and its not my fault that they put the link up early. She chilled out a little when I told her that I had a paid receipt that I received via email.

The explanation for why our data is not in the computer did not hold water. Her supervisor told her that it could be several days until it is fixed and that we ultimately still may need to call back and start all over.

I'm in the same boat as everyone who has ordered the membership early. I e-mailed the fanfire help, and they replied saying my subscription WAS successful. And to try logging in with my U2 Shop details. This didn't work and it doesn't recognise my e mail address! Maybe it didn't work but I aint ordering again for a couple of days cos I dont wanna run the risk of paying two $40!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom