U2 at The Culture Show BBC Two - Cue Culture: the interference culture show evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah okay thanks, I hope some more varying questions are thrown into the mix, the ones during this Culture show interview seem to be somewhat repetitive

wait I'm confused...I just listened to a 24 minute interview mp3....but I didn't hear them playing NLOTH...just a little bit of Boots and the intro to Magnificent...what am I missing?

I agree with the age stuff, 100%, but I don't when you say they are getting better with age. Please have a look at Red rocks or R&H video... and this doesn't mean that they are bad, they are still damn good, but it means that they are honestly not better.

actually, if we are talking the very technical aspects of musicianship, they are getting MUCH better with age.

Are you listening to the Radio 1 interview? This was on TV, the Culture Show on BBC2. (A woman doing the interview if that clears it up more)

Unless yours was cut a bit.

I think that is fairly debatable :lol: I consider myself young, they are the age of my parents, who are past middle-age now - but does this impact the music? No. Does it change my opinion about the band in any way? Nope. So I think the argument is fairly redundant, if the music is great (and it is) what does is matter how old they are? Singing Boots will only be obscene when Bono shuffles onstage with his zimmer-frame :wink:

This is on topic. B talked about the longevity of the band, in terms of how many crap albums they've made etc.

Since when is it that older people can't make a claim to sexy? You can be 80 and still feel sexy, and think of things as sexy. When did youth monopolise sex?

wait I'm confused...I just listened to a 24 minute interview mp3....but I didn't hear them playing NLOTH...just a little bit of Boots and the intro to Magnificent...what am I missing?

You probably just listened to the Front Row radio show which aired earlier tonight on BBC Radio 4.

What we are talking about here is a TV show which aired a little later on BBC 2 (TV), called the Culture Show. As far as I know it's not online yet (or no one has found it).

Both things were recorded at the same time, so it's the same rehearsal/performance. On the TV show we got almost full LOTH and Boots live performances.

NLOTH sounded very raw and cool... and very alternative seeing it in a television context.

This version of Boots show there is hope for the song - knocks the other 4 performances into a cocked hat.

Bono's voice was stellar.

NLOTH sounded very raw and cool... and very alternative seeing it in a television context.

This version of Boots show there is hope for the song - knocks the other 4 performances into a cocked hat.

Bono's voice was stellar.

UGH Any video or audio yet?!

Back
Top Bottom