U2 are fucking taking off now!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladera Heights

The Fly
I'm listening to Chicago 4 right now, and man, I'm pissed that I saw them so early on in the tour (I saw all the San Diego, Anaheim and LA shows). They are really coming together now. U2 fucking rawk!!!

I never really liked Gloria ever until hearing it at Chicago 4. Jesus, who would've thunk they could make a mediocre song so great so late in their career? Oh yeah, and U2 fucking rawk!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, they're definitely in top form now. it was obvious when i saw them on May 7th. they're just nailing their songs time in and time out.

mikal said:
yeah, they're definitely in top form now. it was obvious when i saw them on May 7th. they're just nailing their songs time in and time out.

Just listened to Miracle Drug now, and like Gloria, never liked it until now. Wow, what is happening? These guys are great. OK, I go cry now.

Indeed, I think they have found their way with every song and the whole show stuff now. And thew great thing is that they are still messing around with some stuff here and there. I think they are more confortable and on full on tour mode by now. Too bad this leg is so short and already ending. Can't wait for the New York show though.... :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Indeed, I think they have found their way with every song and the whole show stuff now. And teh great thing is that they are still messing around with soe stuff here and there. I think they are more confortable and on full on tour mode now. Too bad this leg is so short and already ending. Can't wait for the New York show though.... :drool:
are you going to NY?

I felt they made everything sound fantastic on 5/7 too!

I just kept shaking my head and mouthing 'wow' as they nailed song after song...I didn't really love COBL til seeing it live, I gained new appreciation for their older songs like NYD and SBS and Pride because they sounded so damn good, and some things were just make-you-cry revelations, like the Bad I thought beats the original recording, and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart...
I can't wait to see them again now...it's gonna be hard to wait til fall!

Ladera Heights said:
I'm listening to Chicago 4 right now, and man, I'm pissed that I saw them so early on in the tour (I saw all the San Diego, Anaheim and LA shows). They are really coming together now. U2 fucking rawk!!!

I never really liked Gloria ever until hearing it at Chicago 4. Jesus, who would've thunk they could make a mediocre song so great so late in their career? Oh yeah, and U2 fucking rawk!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, they seem to be really hitting their groove. The Chicago IV setlist and performance has been the best so far IMO. WOWOY and UTEOTW were outstanding! Just imagine how they’ll sound this fall. And two thumbs way up to the taper whose work we're all enjoying. YOU rock!!:rockon:

I was at Chicago 1, 3 and 4, on the floor, and each show seriously got better. I am so amazed and can't really put it into words just how blazing the sets were. 4 was without a doubt the gem of the Chicago shows. I really hope someday everyone can have a chance to see the performance and enjoy even half as much as I did. I can't put in any more words, simply amazing. :bow:

OK, just finished Bad. Wish I was there, because I'm crying listening to a recording. It must've been a religious experience witnessing it first hand. Bad should close the show for the rest of this tour.

Ladera Heights said:
OK, just finished Bad. Wish I was there, because I'm crying listening to a recording. It must've been a religious experience witnessing it first hand. Bad should close the show for the rest of this tour.

Where are you listening to this?

Ladera Heights said:

Gloria is one of my favorites :drool:
I think I was the only one around me freaking out :huh:

I bet you by Cleveland the show its gonna get really emotional with transititons between songs ... ala "Bad"/"40"/"Streets".:wink:

martha said:

*checks LH's temperature*

Normal.

:hmm:

It must be something else, perhaps she/he was frightened by a guitar as a child.

Maybe that's it.

:wink:

Listen Marty, IMO there are way better songs than Gloria. I prefer Electric Co. and I'd love to hear 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. Gloria is just too gay (at least the album version is).

MrBrau1 said:
They start to "take off" when the tour leg is 75% over?:eyebrow:
The tour goes beyond America, so 75% is not right. They've only been playing shows for 6 weeks or so.

Ladera Heights said:
The tour goes beyond America, so 75% is not right. They've only been playing shows for 6 weeks or so.

Yeah, I know. thats why I said:

They start to "take off" when the tour leg is 75% over?

MrBrau: It's questionable if U2 is just now starting to gel.

For example, while I adored the setlist for May 12th, Bono's vocals weren't there and I didn't really hear the passion I heard in the other Chicago shows. And his vocals sounded a lot more rich and powerful on other shows - even the San Diego openers. So either this was a so-so recording of his vocals or Bono was just a bit off that night.

Regardless, I felt tons of energy at the other Chicago shows and heard it in the boots I've downloaded so far.

Therefore, I wouldn't say that now U2 are finally getting it right. All they did was mix up the setlist - which is good considering Chicago 2 and 3 were nearly identical (obviously done for the DVD).

doctorwho said:
MrBrau: It's questionable if U2 is just now starting to gel.

For example, while I adored the setlist for May 12th, Bono's vocals weren't there and I didn't really hear the passion I heard in the other Chicago shows. And his vocals sounded a lot more rich and powerful on other shows - even the San Diego openers. So either this was a so-so recording of his vocals or Bono was just a bit off that night.

Regardless, I felt tons of energy at the other Chicago shows and heard it in the boots I've downloaded so far.

Therefore, I wouldn't say that now U2 are finally getting it right. All they did was mix up the setlist - which is good considering Chicago 2 and 3 were nearly identical (obviously done for the DVD).

From what I've heard so far of Chi 4, I agree that Bono's voice sounds a bit worn, like his throat might be hurting a bit. The reviews I've seen also indicate maybe he went all out for 2 and 3 (dvd) and thus perhaps that left him sore, but it felt like good relaxed fun energy in 5/12 show.

I was only present for 5/7 and thought his vocals were just stunning.
so, where you finding boots from early chicago shows?!

cheers all...

Back
Top Bottom