U2 Announces 2010 360 Tour Opening Acts - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jay-Z? Oh get fucked.

I'm a bit less sad now that my chance to see U2 in Australia won't bare fruit...

I just don't get the logic of having a big name to open shows in markets (NZ,AUS) where they won't have any problem filling the stadiums,but in the case of the N.A. leg next spring/summer ,where there's tons of tickets left for each gig still to be sold,they're gonna have low profil bands/artists (one republic, for one)

Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

I just don't get the logic of having a big name to open shows in markets (NZ,AUS) where they won't have any problem filling the stadiums,but in the case of the N.A. leg next spring/summer ,where there's tons of tickets left for each gig still to be sold,they're gonna have low profil bands/artists (one republic, for one)

epic show will be epic. don't mind the rationale, will just take it.

he'll have a long way to go to beat kanye as a u2 opener in my books.

Maybe logistically they were the only dates that worked?

Maybe Jay-Z wanted to tap into the another market more?

Maybe he charges more for US dates?

There could be all kinds of reasons...

Seriously.

Jay-Z is a genius. I wish I could go to any one of these shows. What an opportunity. They could possibly perform that Haiti song together. If Rihana were to pop in for that...wow. What a show that would be.

My bet is that this will happen. :)

And U2 prove once again their musical tastes are more open than most of their fans...:shrug:

:up: I may not always be a fan of who they choose, but I'm glad to see that they are very open and who knows, I may become a fan of the artist because of the exposure. It happened for me with the BEPs.:sexywink:

Seriously.

Jay-Z is a genius. I wish I could go to any one of these shows. What an opportunity. They could possibly perform that Haiti song together. If Rihana were to pop in for that...wow. What a show that would be.

Much respect to him as an artist. It would be a fun show. :wink:

Oh, I like to listen to them on my iPod. I even enjoyed them the first time and :dance:d in Vegas, but really, there are plenty of other acts I'd rather see live, like oooooh, sayyyy, Jay-Z.

This. I've never had a bigger desire to see an overseas show than now. They get Jay-Z and we get the BEPs??? There is no justice in this world! :no:

This is exactly how I felt when Australia/Japan got Kanye West and South America got Franz Ferdinand last tour :grumpy:

JayZis the sh*t !

This is exactly how I felt when Australia/Japan got Kanye West and South America got Franz Ferdinand last tour :grumpy:

JayZis the sh*t !

I know, right??

They'd better bring Interpol back for the North American leg, at least.

Hip hop/rap is not my kind of music, but in terms of that genre, I think anyone who appreciates music/art in general can see that Jay Z does it extremely well.

I like a few of his songs and have worked security for a few of his shows. He puts a lot into his performances and is a nice, classy guy with a head on his shoulders. His business philosophy is not much different than U2's.

He was one of the few artists (U2 being in this group too) who actually acknowledged my coworkers and I and the job we were doing. Everyone he tours with, his management, staff, etc are first class people.

Jay Z has talent, you have to respect him for as long as he has been around and been successful, and he has grown up a lot from the drug dealing thug of the 1980s.

People need to chill out. He's opening a show. Be glad U2 has good relationships with so many diverse artists.

I don't go to see the opener. If the opener is good, then its a bonus. If not, I'll walk around, check out the venue, check out merchandise, get something to eat, etc. Its not that difficult.

I have seen Keane(Vertigo) and Snow Patrol(360) open and was very satisfied with both bands.

Back
Top Bottom