Type the first thing that pops into your head XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes siree bob ... until 3 AM (another 32 minutes in my time zone)Then, my weekend starts !! :bow:

I'm kinda wondering what I should do ?? (besides, getting my hair done ... I don't really have any plans) :ohmy:

:hmm: Are you expecting any rain ?? If not, I'd go to the beach for a day in the sun with lotsa fun. :up:

Thanks ... you just gave me an idea !! :wink:

That sounds good ... maybe I'll too, call up some friends (after my hair appt) and go boating on Lake Michigan.

RAIN IN CALIFORNIA??*pfft*...we are in the middle of a dry spell...we had had HOT weather until 2 days ago where the weather has cooled down a lot but definately no signs of rain

I will either go work out at the park or go to the beach..well see what my mood swing says tomorrow:wink:

I see ... I'd gladly give you some of our ridiculous snowfall that we get in Winter, here in Chicago (if you like) :wink:

Have you ever had to deal with an earthquake ?? The worst we deal with is tornadoes !! :ohmy:

Earthquakes are a rarity, we know that they happen but they dont happen as much as tornados ..actually we havent had a nice good earthquake for quite a long while :hmm:

I live 15 minutes from down town LA and like 30 minutes to an hour ((depends on the FAMOUS LA traffic)) from the beaches and about 45 minutes to an hour from the moutains where we do get snow ((when we have a winter))
I can actually see the mountains from my driveway and it looks especially beautiful when it snows, and of course we have deserts and forests...Talk about a spolied State!:D

Sounds kinda like some areas up in Canada ... they have really beautiful, and again I mean beautiful, scenic areas.

As for earthquakes ... it's good you don't have them (as frequently) like some places in California do.

And tornadoes ... those are the worst for us to deal with ... although, I thank God for our Lake Michigan. That lake definitely 'throws' some severe weather elsewhere or 'weakens' storms before they reach us. Most of the time, it depends on how severe the storm really is ... as there have been times when nothing seems to STOP the severe weather that we deal with every year.

Although, I don't know which is worse ... thunderstorms with possibilities for tornadoes ... OR ... those damn snowstorms with the bitter cold temps that happen when the storm has blizzard-like conditions.

Sometimes we experience days before we can get out ... as the plows in Chicago are terrible. I sometimes don't know why they try to clear the roads ... or maybe I should inquire 'does the sanitation dept really know how to plow our streets afterall ' ??

I like the snow when I go to the mountains....:)

My friend and I went to Portland for the "supposed last U2 Vertigo show" and we got caught in a heavey snow storm...that was new to us and i had rented a car and I must say, I did pretty good dring in the snow storm...and I have never done it prior to that ..It was beautiful but I couldnt deal with it on a daily basis that is for sure

WOW ... I bet those mountain views are incredible.
That's one of the drawbacks over here ... as we don't have mountains in Chicago (of course not)

I went to visit one of my co-workers (who used to work here before she retired) she was a nice older lady who became a good friend of mine and she eventually moved to be with her family, after her retirement. She went to live in Minnesota ... believe me,when I drove up to visit her ... that 10 hour drive was well-worth it. I really enjoyed their mountain landscapes ... and the trees. :ohmy: There's definitely no "AIR QUALITY" problems up there ... as trees do give off oxygen. I got some GREAT pics from that vacation ... and it wasn't even a popular city. Isn't it rather surprising how some areas in the US are NOT well-known (more like out in the boon-docks) and those spots are usually the most amazing to see. Absolutely unbelievable.

I guess that is why i LOVE California, it is so diverse in its landscapes, you could hit the beach forrest desert, moutains big cities and suburbs..but than I LOVe to travel, Ive been to chicago twice (technically) since it was a layover when I was on my way back from Miami and on my way back from Cleveland..I would like to visit Chicago though :)

Well, come on over ... I'll show you around our wonderful city. :up:
It's pretty exciting ... you definitely have to see more than just the airport. The restaurants are absolutely to die for ... I think they put NY to shame. And the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum of Science & Industry, and The Sears Tower are all our points of interest. As for NY ... I have been there several times ... as I have childhood friends who live there now. During U2's Vertigo tour, I went to visit my friends and we went to see U2 at MSG too. Thanks to U2 for touring ... it was the perfect opportunity to see my friends again. They (in turn) also came to Chicago (when U2 was here) and stayed with me too. It was great to see them ... as I only visit my friends twice per year ... because my work schedule is so unpredictable during certain months, I can't always take a vacation when I feel like it. But, it was great when U2 came here ... because of that, I saw my friends 5 or 6 times that year. :up:

I have NOT been to CA ... although, it would be interesting to go see it ... as you have told me things that I never knew, but again that sounds like it would be a GREAT vacation spot to visit.

Back
Top Bottom