TV on the Radio new album - Dear Science, - Sept. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And it's been a while since we went wild and that's all fine
But we're sleepwalking through this trial, and it's really a crime, it's really a crime, really a crime... :combust: :dance:

Had I not seen Okkervil River last year as well, they would have easily been the best concert I saw in 2007. The guitars were BLISS.

Been howlin' for ever, oh oh

I am incredibly fond of A Method. It sounds like nothing else going on in music right now, and it's catchy as hell.

Just throwing that out there.

Live, they had all the guys from Subtle (who are awesome in and of themselves) come up and essentially everyone was playing some sort of drum during the song. It was quite entertaining.

Though the sound quality isn't very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGlkVe0e88g

Awesomeness starts around 1:40, everyone freaked out at the show I saw at that part.

The question is this:

Which song entitled "Staring at the Sun" is better?

The U2ers or the TV on the Radioers???

Answer immediately or suffer a tragic fate...

I really like the almost country acoustic version U2 did live of the song, but if we're talking about the studio versions on record....TV.

So I've nearly written "TV on the Radiohead" 6 times now in this thread.

I'm not a huge TV on the Radio fan, but I saw them in concert and they have great stage presence. I wouldn't have been able to see all that well normally, but the singer kept moving around the stage.

My favorite part was when they told these guys who were jumping around that they were hurting people and to stop. I hate concert phony hipsters. They're all about attitude and making things into a party and not about paying attention to the music at all. They seem very kind guys, too.

Dear Science leaked today.

And I have it on my hard drive.

I'm about to crank this shit up, and will report back.

OK, I don't want to get you guys too hyped about this album, but...wow. After one listen (keep in mind that TV On The Radio's albums are generally growers), I'd give Dear Science an 8.5/10. It's so funky and tuneful that it's easily the most accessible work I've heard from them, yet the songs themselves are so good that it'll likely only improve upon further inspection.

Basically, it reminds me of In Rainbows. It's so sweet and laid-back. It's the kind of album that makes the dark, lumbering Cookie Mountain seem so much more singular and unique. This band just keeps getting better and better.

Best tracks: Crying, Golden Age, Love Dog, DLZ
Weakest track: Red Dress

:relief: :Cause I'm working through Cookie Mountain right now, and it's not finding me staring at the cd player in appreciation.

Give it time....it will.

BTW my relatives live in San Diego and all they talk about is Prop 8. They are staunch conservaties so good luck.

"Dancing Choose" FTW.

I'm really digging this so far. "Family Tree" will be closing a future DI installment of mine.

You illegal downloading poopypantses better still discuss this album with me when it's actually released, or I will send each of you anthrax letters in the mail.

Trust me, pomo, I'll be talking about this one for awhile. After five or so listens, it's definitely a top fiver for the year.

Back
Top Bottom