Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i here today on the dutch radio that's possible that U2 play on the Goffert Park in Nijmegen :drool:

i here today on the dutch radio that's possible that U2 play on the Goffert Park in Nijmegen :drool:

What radio did you hear that? :hmm:

I really really hope it'll be the Galmbak. Cause Amsterdam is the closest to me. Otherwise I'd have to get a hotel in any of the other cities.

I feel like there's a pretty good chance scalpers might overestimate demand for some of these shows and may be trying to dump tickets at the last minute. Those feeling brave enough to wait and see might get lucky :shrug:

:up: That happened in a few cities last tour.

So, I'm intrigued by this whole second album thing, and the way it will affect the tour, couple with McGuniness' comments about not being able to wait to get back into arenas. Is it possible that they're going to do the reverse of the Zoo era tour, and do stadiums first, and then go back and do arenas on a subsequent leg? :hmm: That'd be awesome.

What radio did you hear that? :hmm:

I really really hope it'll be the Galmbak. Cause Amsterdam is the closest to me. Otherwise I'd have to get a hotel in any of the other cities.

really??? I would travel and pay a hotel if I would get perfect sound quality (which seems not possible in Galmbak). But the whole GoffertPark rumour is based on nothing, since McGuinness already stated taht only soccer-tye stadiums will host a U2-gig this year. Although the GoffertPark has a stadium, I do not believe the small capacity of it will be enough...

De Kuip!!

:up: That happened in a few cities last tour.

So, I'm intrigued by this whole second album thing, and the way it will affect the tour, couple with McGuniness' comments about not being able to wait to get back into arenas. Is it possible that they're going to do the reverse of the Zoo era tour, and do stadiums first, and then go back and do arenas on a subsequent leg? :hmm: That'd be awesome.

I think this will be the case. It will be all stadiums to promote No Line On The Horizon through December, and with Songs Of Ascent being released, I assume in late 2009 or around this time in 2010, they can scale that tour leg down to arenas. By using the explanation that the songs on that album are of a quieter nature, they can say that those songs would work better in arenas. They can return to the markets already played in stadiums with 2 albums of material to promote, as well as hit the smaller markets that would not be able to support stadiums shows.

We had already heard that it would be 25 shows in Europe and 25 in North America, but I found it interesting in that interview that they shows will each be in 6 week blocks. We can assume that Europe will go til almost mid August and that North America will probably be under way by early to mid September and running til mid to late October. That gives those rumors of South America in November a lot more credibility. I personally hadn't expect places like Los Angeles to happen before November but now expect that in October.

We had heard the tour would go up til Christmas so November and December may be used to hit South America, Australia and Japan. They will have been able to do a pretty full world tour in under 6 months, then leave 2010 to go back out promoting the next album in arenas if they want.

I think this will be the case. It will be all stadiums to promote No Line On The Horizon through December, and with Songs Of Ascent being released, I assume in late 2009 or around this time in 2010, they can scale that tour leg down to arenas. By using the explanation that the songs on that album are of a quieter nature, they can say that those songs would work better in arenas. They can return to the markets already played in stadiums with 2 albums of material to promote, as well as hit the smaller markets that would not be able to support stadiums shows.

We had already heard that it would be 25 shows in Europe and 25 in North America, but I found it interesting in that interview that they shows will each be in 6 week blocks. We can assume that Europe will go til almost mid August and that North America will probably be under way by early to mid September and running til mid to late October. That gives those rumors of South America in November a lot more credibility. I personally hadn't expect places like Los Angeles to happen before November but now expect that in October.

We had heard the tour would go up til Christmas so November and December may be used to hit South America, Australia and Japan. They will have been able to do a pretty full world tour in under 6 months, then leave 2010 to go back out promoting the next album in arenas if they want.

Yah Id say thats about right.Europe starting in June through mid to late Aug,then starting North America in Early Sept after Labor Day untill right before Halloween late Oct.South America,Australia,and Japan Nov to mid Dec.Then with Songs of Ascent probably being released Feb or Mar 2010
they can tour Hawaii,US again,and anywhere else they need to go,with tour concluding around summer or fall 2010.

With all the talk about "extreme scaling" of ticket prices I am convinced that the really good seats close to the stage (not GA) are going to be VERY expensive, maybe in the $400-500 range. Even if I was lucky enough to score GA tickets work prevents me from getting there early enough to get anywhere near the stage.

Do stadiums include Domes or is it strictly outside stadiums? If it does, I really hope they play the Superdome in New Orleans. Does anybody think they will play there? I think they've only played it once, during the Popmart tour.

What about Candlestick Park (I forget what the current corporate name is)? It's big enough for 49ers games, it's certainly big enough for a U2 stadium show.

Candlestick Park hasn't hosted a rock concert in ages. I think the last show there was Metallica in 2000.

Probably because the place is an aging dump that only hosts ten 49ers games a year, and maybe a few seagull conventions.

I guess McGuinness' comments about "no baseball stadiums" eliminates AT&T Park in San Francisco.
So, it looks very likely U2 will play the Oakland Coliseum (home of the football Raiders) yet again.

Candlestick Park hasn't hosted a rock concert in ages. I think the last show there was Metallica in 2000.

Probably because the place is an aging dump that only hosts ten 49ers games a year, and maybe a few seagull conventions.

I guess McGuinness' comments about "no baseball stadiums" eliminates AT&T Park in San Francisco.
So, it looks very likely U2 will play the Oakland Coliseum (home of the football Raiders) yet again.

He may also be ruling out multi-purpose stadiums with his comments, in which case the most likely Bay Area venue may actually be the beautiful new Stanford Stadium, the most intimate major football venue in the area, seating only 50,000. I don't think they would be considering Spartan Stadium in San Jose, which is smaller. Any-who, here are pictures of the new stadium at Stanford:

newaerial.jpg

newinterior.jpg

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I REALLY HOPE they come here to Southamerica AFTER Songs of Abscent

I have to hear Every Breaking Wave

and the only news for Southamerica is them planning the tour landing here in October 2010, not at the end of 09... with the crisis, that would be horrendous

February 2010 or October 2010... that's all I'm asking, NOT this year, please

He may also be ruling out multi-purpose stadiums with his comments, in which case the most likely Bay Area venue may actually be the beautiful new Stanford Stadium, the most intimate major football venue in the area, seating only 50,000. I don't think they would be considering Spartan Stadium in San Jose, which is smaller. Any-who, here are pictures of the new stadium at Stanford:

newaerial.jpg

newinterior.jpg

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Yep. (the bench seating is just the clincher)

Two nights in Oakland.

Do we have any reason to believe that the field "seating" will be anything but general admission?

We have every reason to think that there will be reserved seats on the field- maybe not 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was no GA for this tour.

what reasons are those?

the fact they haven't had seats on the field for at least 12 years?

I just have this feeling that they're going to sacrifice the affordable up-close GA option on the field (or at least limit it somehow) made commonplace the last couple tours by offering an even more affordable (something like $30-$35) for nosebleeds in the upper deck (per Bono's comment about making cheaper tickets available in light of the economy).

The people who will pay big money to see U2 up close aren't going to want to pay $200 for seats in the lower bowl at the 50 yard line, but they WILL pay $300 to be on the field right up close.

Yep. (the bench seating is just the clincher)

Two nights in Oakland.

Look closely: the benches have backs. And it won't matter since people are going to be standing when the band hits the stage.

They're only doing 25 shows nationally, so wherever they play in the Bay Area, it's almost certain to be just one night.

With all the talk about "extreme scaling" of ticket prices I am convinced that the really good seats close to the stage (not GA) are going to be VERY expensive, maybe in the $400-500 range. Even if I was lucky enough to score GA tickets work prevents me from getting there early enough to get anywhere near the stage.

Ireally dont know how the price-scaling will work but surely the band will not want the 'popcorn crunching' corporate customers front rows? I guess the cheaper tickets will be on the pitch, the expensive ones in a nice seat. After all these businessmen like their comfort

Ireally dont know how the price-scaling will work but surely the band will not want the 'popcorn crunching' corporate customers front rows? I guess the cheaper tickets will be on the pitch, the expensive ones in a nice seat. After all these businessmen like their comfort
I'm sure your right and I think that when the band stated that the stage would be towards one side of the stadiums that the seats nearer to that side would be the expensive ones the ones further away will be the cheap ones,I hope that they don't introduce any of that gold circle crap though and hike the price of ga's up

World Ticket Shop says 20/21 July Amsterdam Arena.

Eventim says also concerts in Germany, two shows are rumoured, around July 18.

No confirmation yet.

While this is undoubtedly brilliant news, it doesn't quite tie in with the rumoured London dates (mid-July). It would be odd if all the UK and Ireland shows weren't around the same time.

I hear from good sources in Cardiff that U2 have the Millenium Stadium booked in August. That would suggest the UK dates are Aug. Ive got to go to a sodding wedding first week of Aug so I'm praying that they don't come to town then .

I hear from good sources in Cardiff that U2 have the Millenium Stadium booked in August. That would suggest the UK dates are Aug. Ive got to go to a sodding wedding first week of Aug so I'm praying that they don't come to town then .

Any news on manchester? Cardiff is my last resort.

the band will not want the 'popcorn crunching' corporate customers front rows? I guess the cheaper tickets will be on the pitch, the expensive ones in a nice seat. After all these businessmen like their comfort

I hate ignorant comments like this. Why is it that if you have money you cant possibly be a big fan?

World Ticket Shop says 20/21 July Amsterdam Arena.

Eventim says also concerts in Germany, two shows are rumoured, around July 18.

No confirmation yet.

Yes the Arena shows are pretty much those two dates everywhere, I'm starting to believe they'll be set. With room for a 3rd on the 23rd.

The germany shows would fall on the predicted London dates if they're july 18, I wonder where London would move to. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom