Torino Setlist Party Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The positives, the Glastonbury song sounds great, HMTMKMKM. Bono looks great and seems to be moving around like nothing happened. Breathe is not opening the show!

The unsure of without being there, the intro and Beautiful Day. Just from video (and I know you really have to experience it in person to be sure) it doesnt seem to work on a fantastic level. I think they are leaving the houselights up for too long or something. Its cool at first like the Elevation tour but wears off quickly. I like the new intro as a song but not sure it belongs as an intro. B Day after it doesnt seem to work really. :shrug:

:down: Ultraviolet and No Line On The Horizon dropped.

Even with the negatives looks like a great show. Looking forward to seeing it, it will probably be at least somewhat different by the time they get back to N. America. Will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made.

Although I missed the setlist party, I do have to say the setlist was pretty much a welcome back setlist in my opinion.

I'll agree with everything above. :up:

Looking forward to Frankfurt. By the way, Bono and the band look great judging from some of the photos. :hyper:

Your wish is my command! I promise to take many pictures of Bono in leather. :wave:
:applaud: Yaaaay!!!

Now about these various angles...........................Bono in Leather from various angles would suit me mighty fine! :drool::drool::drool:
Indeed. :shifty:

Oh hell. I didnt think of that. I have MI in June. Maybe he'll wear it anyway? :pray:

After all, it was over 100F on the floor for Tampa last October, and B wore his jackets practically the whole show...:hmm:
I think Bono's familiar enough with FL that he wouldn't risk the hysterical fainting epidemic that would result from the combo of him in full leather plus Tampa's July temperatures. I get a heat rash just considering the possibility. :sexywink:

And Bonocomet - you're killing me with the pictures. Killing me.

(Don't stop.) :up:

I"m very happy with the way the show turned out. I was thinking we would get 1 new song, but getting 3 is pretty damn awesome, and makes up somewhat for dropping the NLOTH songs. Glad to have you back boys, and I love the new songs so far! :hyper:

bonoback28-6-10.jpg

bonoback38-6-10.jpg

LEATHER DAY is gonna look a lot more LEATHER-Y that Bono's gone to leather jacket, pants and boots.

I also love that they actually played the intro, but I feel it would have transitioned better into Boots than BD.
Totally agree... That intro would be an awesome introduction to Boots. Maybe they'll try that soon.

Besides that, of the 3 new things we got this show, my favourite is DEFINITELY "The Return Of Stinray Guitar"! I hope they recorded this an include it in their new album...:drool:

I see it as this:

"Return of the Stingray," guitar intro ---- Bono being the aforementioned Stingray. :cool:
The return = Beautiful Day.

:shrug: Maybe.

As I posted in the new music thread, I wonder if that title "The Return of the Stingray Guitar Intro" means it as an intro to the concert, or if it's "The Return of the Stingray Guitar" intro, as in the intro to a song called TROTSG. :hmm:

I've just got home and seen the photos... haven't heard a note yet but fckin hell Bono looks amazing! that's a great look!!! C'MON !!

Hmm I'm liking North Star more and more. I feel like it could potentially be really good once recorded.

Glastonbury... ehh, I'm not a fan.

Stingray sounds really cool.

Bonocomet, thanks for posting the video. It gave me butterflies to see. I did not realize how invested I was as a u2/bono fan......I guess it did my nerves good to see our B-man in full song....he's got the fly vibe going and I like it......too much.:drool::love:

setlist irrelevant - I can't remember seeing them look this vital for years.... every cloud (Bono's back) has a silver lining (new leather suit etc)... WOW

Just dropping by to link to Matt's videos of the new songs, if they haven't already been posted (I haven't time to trawl through the thread): Videos of U2 in Turin - including new songs - U2gigs.com

HMTMKMKM and plenty more to come, though most will have to wait since Matt IS human and needs to sleep.

Personally, I like all three of the new tracks at this stage but I'm reserving my final judgement. So happy about HMTMKMKM being in the set, you have no idea. Good riddance, UV; you have been shown up by your motherfucking balls-to-the-wall betters. Bit sad that the band chose to ditch NLOTH rather than Magnificent though, given Magnificent live does nothing to improve on the studio version while NLOTH has enough energy to rip a stadium apart and always sets audiences alight. Anyway. Can't stop to chat setlists much; today's a busy day!

Yeah and it's plain to see here how happy they were to be back. And the whole stadium singing along, so probably one more reason to open with BD :)

YouTube - ‪U2 Turin 2010-08-06 Intro / Beautiful Day - U2gigs.com‬‎

Yeah, watching Bono bow to the band & Larry clap for Bono is awesome. It really is impressive that he's back already. I do wonder whether they'll keep Beautiful Day as the opener, as in a way it was primarily today's show that was a beautiful thing with regard to B's return.

I still think the whole intro thing is just odd.

But looking forward to catching up on the other videos later!

Had things to do today, just catching up.

Comet, have I told you lately that I loooooove you? :flirt: Thanks for the pics!

Axver, thanks for posting Matt's videos, and thank Matt for me, his first leg videos were the best out there, and I'm sure these will be, too. :)

And a very special thanks to Bono's wardrobe person. :shifty: :drool:

Had things to do today, just catching up.

Comet, have I told you lately that I loooooove you? :flirt: Thanks for the pics!

Axver, thanks for posting Matt's videos, and thank Matt for me, his first leg videos were the best out there, and I'm sure these will be, too. :)

And a very special thanks to Bono's wardrobe person. :shifty: :drool:

:lol: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom