Top 5 Most Boring Bands/Artists EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque!! Your list! :ohmy:

Lol just kidding everyone can have their opinion, although we may not agree with them totally :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I knew this thread was gonna ruffle some feathers, before I even started it! I think the key is to not care about other people bashing your favorite bands. We all can't have the same opinions anyway!

I had to make this thread. I had to get it out of my system after subjecting myself to listening to those CDs in the car. :crazy:

Could somebody send me that Live 8 Floyd performance? I've been wanting to watch it since forever but can't afford to buy the whole dvd set! :sigh:

muralee_s@hotmail.com

Oh, I know Zoots. :wink: What's boring to one person is mind blowing to another, and vice versa. I'm just surprised that so many of my favourites are being mentioned. Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Nick Drake, 70s progressive rock, Radiohead, Sigur Rós (granted, I'm only just starting to get into them so I can't consider them a favourite just yet, but I really like them), The Beatles, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton to some extent, etc.

If I were to post the band that bores me the most right now, I'd be massacred. :ohmy:

As for the Live 8 performance, I'm pretty sure all of it is on youtube. I did have a high quality version on my computer, which I downloaded a few days after Live 8 because Canada's coverage of the UK event sucked. I deleted it after I got the DVD, however. It is, by the way, one of the few performances on the DVD that's actually good. Don't buy the Live 8 DVD, it's a waste.

^ :lol:

GibsonGirl said:
If I were to post the band that bores me the most right now, I'd be massacred. :ohmy:

Do it! Do it! :hyper:

I'm kinda surprised you didn't post anything about 'them' yet! :ohmy: :wink:

i haven't listened much U2 over the last months but when a random song comes on my iTunes or iPod it's always awesome. and i haven't heard any U2 album for months but a few days ago I listened to Pop and it was :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
Isn't everyone bored of U2?:hmm:

Depends what you listen to. There are only a few tracks off Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop that I'd consider to be "boring" but that doesn't make the band in general boring to me.

Glass is half full for me. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
I knew this thread was gonna ruffle some feathers, before I even started it! I think the key is to not care about other people bashing your favorite bands. We all can't have the same opinions anyway!

I had to make this thread. I had to get it out of my system after subjecting myself to listening to those CDs in the car. :crazy:

:tsk:

1. Dave Matthews and all his clones (especially his clones). Anyone that strums an acoustic guitar, switching between falsetto and lower registers during verses and has a "groove" feel to it instantly puts me out. Includes Jason Mraz, Mayer, Powter, & James Blunt.

2. Radiohead. Sorry. zzzzzzzzz

3. Former alt bands that went pop - Counting Crowes, Wilco, Matchbox 20 (debatable I know), Goo Goo Dolls, REM & The Wallflowers. I'm all for growing and expanding as an artist, and have never had an issue with "selling out" but if all you're going to do is regurgitate pop formulae then I'm gonna tune you out.

4. Half of Ryan Adams' stuff. I love half, hate half. I guess if you're that prolific though, that's bound to happen. But if I hear him with nothing more than an acoustic guitar and that silly high, but not quite falsetto voice of his one more time I just may... take a nap.

5. R&B solo artists. Maybe it's just me but the Mary J. Blige's, Beyonce's, R. Kelly's, Usher's & Mariah Carey's of the industry bore me to tears. The voices are all the same, the songs are all the same, the subject matter is all the same. I get it, you're very talented singers in a traditional sense. But do something to stand out or I can't be bothered.

Last edited:
With the mention of Queen, that's ten of my favourites now. :sad:

Now you know why I don't like this thread, Zooters! :madwife: :wink:

Nirvana of the "legends/REALLY famous" category. MTV should get at least half of their royalties and be included in their wills. Overhyped, overrated.

Of newer bands, definitely The Darkness. Wannabe Queen. I don't oppose high male voices per se (Chris Martin, Thom Yorke) but can't handle that particular singer.

Oasis of the "I used to like them" category, also way overhyped by the British media. Used to be interesting till they started repeating themselves and it didn't help the bros mouth off at everyone else in the press and claiming "we're the best band in the world" into infinity. (as do many other British bands/singers, respectively) Only wish they were half as good as the band they so openly worship and emulate.

I guess if I had to pick more than this, I'd say the "me against the world !!! :mad: " bands like Limp Bizkit.

Radiohead - Sorry, just boring and depressive music
Coldplay - Good band but dear God their albums are a cure for insomnia

I'd like to continue this but, gotta go for a while :wink:

I feel guilty because Simon & Garfunkel were the first that came to mind, and nobody else has mentioned them. I just couldn't get into their stuff.

Other boring music:
John Mayer
Nickelback

And Irishteen, I totally agree w/ you about Radiohead & Coldplay. I see their talent, I just don't feel their music.

U2girl said:
"we're the best band in the world" into infinity.

Before the obligatory "but you-know-who says it too" comment, that may be, and I felt that was a bit of overdoing it too.

Still, it sounds less offensively ego/hype when someone with 20+ years of career does it, as opposed to coming off your first album, and repeating it at any given opportunity. Not to mention a back catalogue that actually doesn't make one look like a complete fool when saying it.

U2girl said:

Before the obligatory "but you-know-who says it too" comment, that may be, and I felt that was a bit of overdoing it too.

Still, it sounds less offensively ego/hype when someone with 20+ years of career does it, as opposed to coming off your first album, and repeating it at any given opportunity. Not to mention a back catalogue that actually doesn't make one look like a complete fool when saying it.

:tsk:

Magic Pie
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is

:drool:

really though everything up to "be here now" was good, everything after that was just:yuck:

dont believe the truth was a step in the right direction:wink:

xaviMF22 said:
really though everything up to "be here now" was good, everything after that was just:yuck:

dont believe the truth was a step in the right direction:wink:

I like Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, Heathen Chemistry was lame + Liam's voice sounds completely shot.

Don't Believe the Truth :up::up::up:

I enjoy their b-sides more than anything though:

Acquiese
Sad Song
Idler's Dream
Half the World Away
Fade Away (Warchild)
Stay Young

:drool:

Zootlesque said:

:uhoh:

I'm surprised you didn't give me shit for listing Springsteen! :lol:

:uhoh:

not at all, if anything I'm the one who always gets shit for being a springsteen fan [at least in real life, i've only met fellow springsteen fans here on the interent]

also I'll like to add to my list:
Tool/A Perfect Circle
Queen

u2popmofo said:

And saying you don't like The Smiths should be against some kind of law. Even if you really don't like The Smiths, you should still not be allowed to tell anyone that.

:wink:

haha, so true

Back
Top Bottom