Tool Appreciation Thread & New album news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought all you other Tool fans ought to know the new single, "Vicarious," is released to radio Monday.

Furthermore, I'm listening to it right now. A shade over seven minutes long, and I'm about two minutes into it. It's tasty :drool:

good, though sounds pretty much like anything else off the last two albums. the "political" lyrics are kinda lame, but no worse than tool's usual pseudo-intellectual wank i suppose.

This is supposed to be Adam's album, pushed out front.
With Maynard taking more of a back seat.
A damn fine start. That time signature is crazy, the music superb.
Very reminscent (probably intentionally) of The Patient, seeing how this is the third and final installment of the trilogy, according to some of the fan boards there are hints of the last two albums throughout this one, musically tying then together.

I can't wait to hear Wings For Marie pts.1 and 2, it's supposed to be some incredible stuff.

On the Coldplay board someone said something like this:

"with all those punk/emo/screamo/metal bands out there, Tool are one of the few bands who make me believe in rock and that there's still a reason to make music nowadays"

I couldn't agree more :up:

In other Tool news, a very happy birthday to Maynard.

MacPhistoPT said:
On the Coldplay board someone said something like this:

"with all those punk/emo/screamo/metal bands out there, Tool are one of the few bands who make me believe in rock and that there's still a reason to make music nowadays"

I couldn't agree more :up:

And on Radiohead boards it's getting slammed for not being "progressive" enough.

Small venue mini-tour upcoming to promote album release!

SUN-APR-30 INDIO, CA/ COACHELLA FESTIVAL
TUE-MAY-02 SEATTLE/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
THU-MAY-04 OAKLAND/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
FRI-MAY-05 LAS VEGAS/ THE JOINT
SAT-MAY-06 PHOENIX/ GAMMAGE HALL
MON-MAY-08 DALLAS/ McFARLIN AUDITORIUM
WED-MAY-10 DENVER/ TEMPLE BUELL THEATRE
THU-MAY-11 KANSAS CITY/ MEMORIAL HALL
FRI-MAY-12 MINNEAPOLIS/ ORPHEUM THEATRE
SAT-MAY-13 CHICAGO/ AUDITORIUM THEATRE
MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE
TUE-MAY-16 TORONTO/ HUMMINGBIRD THEATRE
THU-MAY-17 PHILADELPHIA/ TOWER THEATRE
FRI-MAY-19 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SAT-MAY-20 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SUN-MAY-21 BOSTON/ ORPHEUM THEATRE

Unfortunately the Dallas date is one day before I come home for the summer, so I can't make it. Damn finals.

Tickets go on sale via Ticketmaster this Saturday. I hope some of you guys get to make it out, because these are going to be small shows and you won't get a chance to see them like that too often.

:drool:

Thanks for the heads up, Brau. Downloading it right now.

I love you.

So I'm two tracks into it and how much ass does Jambi kick?

Lots.

Brau was not kidding at all. The tandem of "Wings" and "10,000 Days" is absolutely stunning. So beautiful.

the thunder in 'wings part 2' is cool.

and 'rosetta stoned' is all over the place.

i'm on 'intension' right now.

I just finished Wings Part 2, on to The Pot.

I'm looking forward to Rosetta Stoned. Yall are making it sound pretty interesting.

inmyplace13 said:
I'm looking forward to Rosetta Stoned. Yall are making it sound pretty interesting.
tell us what you think!

i'm on 'right in two' - i like it. :up:

*edited to add:

'viginti tres' is :yikes:

Last edited:
I wasn't crazy about Rosetta Stoned. It's going to take a few listens for me to get a grasp of.

That's not true for the rest of the album. Rarely does a record completely astonish me after just one listen. This is one of those records. I think I'm in love, and I also think Wings/10,000 Days is going to make my last.fm explode over the next month or so.

yeah, i'll have to see if 'rosetta stoned' grows on me.

i'm giving jambi and 10 000 days another listen before i turn in.

good times!

inmyplace13 said:
Small venue mini-tour upcoming to promote album release!
MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE

Tickets go on sale via Ticketmaster this Saturday. I hope some of you guys get to make it out, because these are going to be small shows and you won't get a chance to see them like that too often.

We are going to do whatever we can to make the Detroit show. Listening to "Vicariously" was a religious event at our house tonight.

I dragged my wife cross country for U2, and part of my leverage was that I promised we'd do the same for TOOL.

Praying for tickets.

Lovely that my first U2 show ever was 22 years ago at the same venue!

Anu

Back
Top Bottom