Tonight's setlist (3/30 San Diego)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of curiosity, has WOWY ever been this early in the set? It was second encore on Lovetown, second encore on Zoo TV, first encore on Popmart, and encore on Elevation, wasn't it?

UnforgettableLemon said:
Out of curiosity, has WOWY ever been this early in the set? It was second encore on Lovetown, second encore on Zoo TV, first encore on Popmart, and encore on Elevation, wasn't it?

Axver would know.

City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Cry - The Electric Co., Gloria, Beautiful Day, With or Without You, New Year's Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

this is hot.

UnforgettableLemon said:

I'm almost certain that the answer to that is no. This is the earliest WOWY has made an appearance!

1- City of Blinding Lights
2- Vertigo
3- Cry - The Electric Co.
4- Gloria
5- Beautiful Day
6- With or Without You
7- New Year's Day
8- Miracle Drug
9- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

RademR said:
some Lovetown shows had it high , I think.

I'm pretty certain.... I'm surprised Axver hasn't swooped in with a date and a set-list number....

April 5th, 1987 in Tucson the beginning of the Joshua Tree tour, With Or Without you is played before the encore...

Where the Streets..., I Still Haven't Found, Gloria, I Will Follow, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Exit, In God's Country, A Sort Of Homecoming, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Maggie's Farm, Bad, October, With or Without You, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Lucille, People Get Ready, 40

Last edited:
All right! So it's not entirely unprecedented, but it's nevertheless cool that they don't feel like they have to supercram all the big hits into the encore.

2- Vertigo
4- Gloria
5- Beautiful Day
6- With or Without You
7- New Year's Day
8- Miracle Drug
10- Love and Peace or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday

dan_smee said:
Hey guys, I tihnk this is my first post, it was played 5th in tokyo 11/25/89

You're right.

November 25, 1989 / Tokyo, Japan
Venue: Tokyo Dome

Main Set: Where the Streets..., I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found, MLK, With or Without You, God Part II, Desire, All Along The Watchtower, All I Want Is You, Bad, Van Diemen's Land, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, People Get Ready, Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes to Town, Love Rescue Me

Encore(s): Pride, 40

I'm happy I started on a good note in this forum then! :dance:
I wouldn't be suprised if there were no more changes to the setlist, possible encore variations, but unlikely.

At this point I don't care if there are no more changes, they played freakin' "GLORIA." But of course, I AM hoping for something other than "Elevation" at the end of the "songs that just rock" triad.

2- Vertigo
4- Gloria
5- Beautiful Day
6- With or Without You
7- New Year's Day
8- Miracle Drug
10- Love and Peace or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday
12- Bullet the Blue Sky - Hands That Built America