Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bicyclingfish

The Fly
So, 1982? U2 records Tomorrow. Wow, a good song from that period. It floats, it drives, it grinds into the listeners head the desperation of the times, the feelings, the angst of the writer... wow. At the end, Bono beckons us to listen, yadda...

Then in 1996 Bono and Adam rerecord this song for an Irish music CD. Now its phatty bass and slowed down singing- but still deep.
But the end is gone.
No more asking us to do something, nope. Just Bono's desperate- now smooth- plea for his nation...

Where is the hope Bono? Where is the faith? And the love...

Tomorrow simply shows us how the band has changed. That evolution is ilustrated between those two versions.

Throughout his life Bono has written about his hurt, sorrow, disappoinment, and all that. We heard him on Pop. The man's in pain, ya know? And I guess I try to empathize with him, cuz we've all been there.

You can really hear that on this song.

[This message has been edited by bicyclingfish (edited 07-11-2000).]

In that case I share your feelings. It's close to a miracle that despite all the changes U2's music has gone through during the years, they have always been able to provoke some very deep feelings for however wants to FEEL their music.

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

U2 have definately changed in their tone. In the beginning they were a lot less subtle. Por Ejemplo... Sunday Bloody Sunday. "And we've only just begun to claim the victory Jesus won. Have you?" Now listen to the popmart version. All that has been cut. Perhaps because they wanted it to refer to peace on Earth (sarejevo, ireland) rather than peace with heaven

Back
Top Bottom