Today at work...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoishot

Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!
i told 2 girls that i wanna go to chicago (i live in the UK by the way) to watch the boys show in september as it'll be my birthday :hyper:

they just stared @ me like FREAK :laugh:

they couldnt get their heads around the fact i'm going manchesterx2 and dublin then i wanna go to chicago :tsk:

at least my fellow PLEBAns will understand :wink:

I completely understand. The girls I work with think I was insane to go to Chicago for the concert. I don't even dare tell them I'm going to two more shows in the fall. :reject:

Oh you're not alone dear!

I thought I was crazy for going to Chicago until I met a couple from Cornwall, England and another guy from Mexico City! :lol:

U2 just brings great people together regardless of geographical location :wink:

BIH - I cannoy comprehend people looking at you weird for wishing to travel to places to see your fav band!!!! :huh:

What's weird about that? They are the weird ones who are missing out on fun if you ask me! :wink:

susanp6 said:
BIH - I cannoy comprehend people looking at you weird for wishing to travel to places to see your fav band!!!! :huh:

What's weird about that? They are the weird ones who are missing out on fun if you ask me! :wink:

:wave:

:yes: so agree ! some people have no taste :madspit: :laugh:

personally i think theyre weird for NOT wanting to go :wink:

don't worry about it - I'm plotting "Chrissi's excellent fall leg adventure" right now

It's my opinion that there needs to be a u2 commune somewhere - say Dublin with a vacation home on the south of France:wink: The PLEBAn house would be rockin':D
there no one would think it was crazy to buy tickets to u2 shows in 4 different cities....at least:reject:

nurse chrissi said:
don't worry about it - I'm plotting "Chrissi's excellent fall leg adventure" right now

It's my opinion that there needs to be a u2 commune somewhere - say Dublin with a vacation home on the south of France:wink: The PLEBAn house would be rockin':D
there no one would think it was crazy to buy tickets to u2 shows in 4 different cities....at least:reject:

I don't think you're crazy. If I was 5-10 years older and had the money, I'd do the same thing. :yes:

Hey; I'm planning a road trip or two myself to see them; that's part of being a REAL fan :hug: (a seven hour drive one way isn't too far for U2!)

Last edited:
There is no place to far if it makes you happy! I have traveled near and far to see my other fav band. I'm leaving the country soon as well to see them. I'm so excited! My parents think I'm a total freak. If I had the cash I would be seeing way more U2 shows and would go across the seas in a heartbeat to see some shows with all the great Plebans spread far and wide.

I took out a student loan to help pay for the fall Chicago concerts. I used my dad's credit to co-sign, but my dad travels on business and is only home a few days of each month, so I needed a signature. I had a friend/co-worker of mine forge my dad's sig. I'm also trying to get this other guy I work with to buy my extra GA tickets and take his daughter to a concert.

We have a new guy at work & he had his CD case with him. Guess what--he has every U2 CD just like me. He's even been to Dublin but didn't get to meet the band while he was there. (Only one bad thing--I can't gush over Bono to him) But hey he's a fan. I told my boss about my new friend, he just rolled his eyes. :wink:

nurse chrissi said:

a PLEBAn house :hyper: that would be fab

Sad_Girl said:
Hey; I'm planning a road trip or two myself to see them; that's part of being a REAL fan (a seven hour drive one way isn't too far for U2!)

WOW a seven hour drive :ohmy: my flight to chicago would be like 14 hours (i'd have to get the cheap one with a stopover in dublin -waht a shame :lol: )

Russty Cat good on ya for all your travelling, ur not a freak, its something you love and its your money not your parents you can do what ya want with it:wink:

Liveluvandbootlegmusic, i like you thinkin, better than throwin it away on beer like most students :lol: i might be going to uni part-time in the autumn, if i get a student loan, i might use it to go more shows like you

daygloeyes - next tour you'll be that bit older and you can go as many shows as you want/can afford :D

bonos doll thats so cool, wish i hada a mad U2 fan @ my work

hippy-good luck with you planning and plottin more concerts :D

Moonlit_angel -i knew everyone here would understand :yes:

sorry bout the essay reply just wanted to reply to everyone :wink:

Last edited:
I work at a senior center and one of the seniors actually was very understanding about all this traveling :). She was like, "Why not? Enjoy yourself." :up:

Plus, it's been a lot of fun going to Seattle and San Diego. I probably would have never travelled to those cities if it wasn't for U2, but I really enjoyed both places besides the concerts :). It's too bad I won't have time to explore Boston.

kellyahern said:
I work at a senior center and one of the seniors actually was very understanding about all this traveling :). She was like, "Why not? Enjoy yourself." :up:

Plus, it's been a lot of fun going to Seattle and San Diego. I probably would have never travelled to those cities if it wasn't for U2, but I really enjoyed both places besides the concerts :). It's too bad I won't have time to explore Boston.

With the horrible weather, it's not the best week to go exploring here in Boston anyways.

kellyahern said:

Good point (I heard it was 45 degrees and raining earlier in the week :yikes: How's it look for Saturday? )

This is the forecast according to Boston.com

Saturday: Partial sunshine returns! At least for Central and Southern New England - northern areas may stay mostly cloudy. There will be a threat of a scattered shower or thundershower toward evening and Saturday night. Highs in the upper 60's, a bit cooler north.

One part of going to all the new places is definetly seeing the great sites. I've got tons of love for Seattle, Portland, and San Fran thanks to seeing different bands there. Seattle is an amazing town for live music and the day I was there a few years ago it was so beautiful and crystal clear. The locals said that it was so rare for the weather to be like that.

I'm hoping to get to Boston, Chicago, and New York one day for some shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom