To the Dissatisfied

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@ the end of the day, whatever systems or ppl you put in place...if it fails to satisfy demand or customers in a retail business or for that matter any business....Then the success or failure of any endeavor starts & ends @ the top.

That would ultimately be U2.

Check out Sarbanes Oxley & Enron. Or for that matter any small business owner.

They'll tell you: the market will ultimately cruxify the top of the pyramid.
& The businesses that thrives usually own up to it & take whatever actions necessary.

Lets not kid ourselves here: it is U2, Inc.

ps: & the consumers have a right to rant here just as much as you have a right not to read it...self control got any?

Last edited:
maude said:
U2 girl,

Did you read the things I posted? It seems to me that potential u2.com members were lied to by u2.com in order to get more $40 memberships (which $40 to a fan club is outrageous in itself).

Why are some of you not the least bit upset by this?

Because she's U2girl and she always defends U2, no matter what. And that's fine, as long as she allows you the same right to criticise them.

As far as other people, many are angry at the deception U2.com used. If it wasn't meant to be deceptive, then it was incredibly incompetent, and whoever was responsible for it should never be allowed to do anything like that again.

how about this---everyone who is pissed off at U2 and think they got ripped off and etc...---leave the message board right now and never post again--------bye bye:madspit:

pjp2771 said:
how about this---everyone who is pissed off at U2 and think they got ripped off and etc...---leave the message board right now and never post again--------bye bye:madspit:

How about you just understand that this is infact a MESSAGE BOARD, and that everything posted wont be :up: to U2 all the time. There are plenty of happy threads for you to read.

:madspit: right back at you

Just remember (from the U2.com faq):

Membership FAQ

What are the benefits I receive when I become a U2.com Member?

Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour. You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show during your membership term.

With more memberships sold than tickets available, this statement is false

indra said:

Because she's U2girl and she always defends U2, no matter what.

Do you feel better now? You can always avoid my posts, or at least tell me in the face if they're oh so bad.

Yes, I forgot this is a U2 fan forum and we should all hate U2 as of 2000. I guess some of us are - what it is that has been said? oh yeah - sheep and blind followers. Oh and I have critisized U2's choice of touring countries and ticket prices and their management's pulling down the guitar tabs and lyrics in the past.

Maude, too bad you're not equally mad at Ticketmaster's site crashing and codes not working there. Too bad you're not equally mad at the GA tickets being on Ebay - but right, I guess U2 was behind all that too. I can see it now, Bono and Adam and Larry all cheering on Edge to hack his way in so fans get out of tickets.
Since you love talking about articles, I suppose you also read U2 is getting back tickets from ETS and American Express and that their lawyers are chasing the scalpers - all on U2log.com. Or did that go past you in all of your anger?

Last edited:
All the thanks in the world to the original poster and the sentiments expressed in that post.

It shows that you have learned the POWER OF GRACE instead of the self-defeating force of negativity.

IN THE NAME OF LOVE....:up:

U2girl said:
Maude, too bad you're not equally mad at Ticketmaster's site crashing and codes not working there. Too bad you're not equally mad at the GA tickets being on Ebay - but right, I guess U2 was behind all that too. I can see it now, Bono and Adam and Larry all cheering on Edge to hack his way in so fans get out of tickets.
Since you love talking about articles, I suppose you also read U2 is getting back tickets from ETS and American Express and that their lawyers are chasing the scalpers - all on U2log.com. Or did that go past you in all of your anger?

Yes, those things are upsetting, but I view them as unfortunate events that U2 really had no control over. I think the whole thing was poorly organized and hope that they will have learned from this situation and do better next time.

The fact remains though, that u2.com were deceptive in their selling of u2.com memberships. I have placed plenty of evidence to prove this accusation. Why not just admit it instead of detracting from the real "argument" by bringing up the Ticketmaster and code debacle? I think my viewpoint/feelings on this situation are valid, but if you and others don't mind that u2.com lied/were deceptive than it's really no skin off my nose. I just don't understand it, that's all. :shrug:

U2girl said:

Do you feel better now? You can always avoid my posts, or at least tell me in the face if they're oh so bad.

Why would I wish to avoid your posts? I enjoy them. They amuse me. :wink:

And I did post "And that's fine, as long as she allows you the same right to criticise them," so it wasn't as if I was attacking you. I guess it is par for the course that you see it that way. But that is your problem, not mine.

As far as hating U2 as of 2000...huh? I don't hate them, and I don't know why I would suddenly start in 2000. I simply haven't worshipped them in a very, very long time. I think I look at them a bit more objectively now because I do not worship them.

nbcrusader said:
Just remember (from the U2.com faq):

With more memberships sold than tickets available, this statement is false

No it's not. It said that "You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show" and not long before the end of the presale, you could still get nosebleeds everywhere apart from NYC and Philly. Furthermore, as they were available to U2.com members before the general public, it was priority ticketing.

It was dodgy wording and I don't like it one bit, but I think U2.com was clever enough to give statements that mean they cannot actually be held liable. They never defined 'priority' beyond early access and never promised specific tickets to members.

indra said:
I don't know why I would suddenly start in 2000.

Six words: All That You Can't Leave Behind.

It's the cool thing to hate post-Pop U2 here, we all know that.

Axver,

Please refer to my post on the 3rd page of this thread. Some of it was a little more than dodgy wording.

All U2.Com members will be given access to buy tickets one week ahead of the general public. The more people in membership prior to the general public sale, the more likely we can guarantee your ticket choice.

They had so many more memberships than the tickets for this tour. Way more. Yet it seems many people did not get their ticket choice that was supposed to be guaranteed if the above happened. That is not just dodgy wording, that is blatant fraud IMO unless U2 meant they needed total U2.com memberships of a couple of million in order to guarantee each member's ticket choice. LOL.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Six words: All That You Can't Leave Behind.

It's the cool thing to hate post-Pop U2 here, we all know that.

You might know that, but I didn't. Besides, I don't much care what other people find cool. Maybe that's why I missed it. ;)

But I guess I'm not a "we" either... :sad:

maude said:

Yes, those things are upsetting, but I view them as unfortunate events that U2 really had no control over. I think the whole thing was poorly organized and hope that they will have learned from this situation and do better next time.

The fact remains though, that u2.com were deceptive in their selling of u2.com memberships. I have placed plenty of evidence to prove this accusation. Why not just admit it instead of detracting from the real "argument" by bringing up the Ticketmaster and code debacle? I think my viewpoint/feelings on this situation are valid, but if you and others don't mind that u2.com lied/were deceptive than it's really no skin off my nose. I just don't understand it, that's all. :shrug:

That WAS what upset people, codes from U2.com not working and tickets going away so quickly on Ticketmaster's site and lots of GA tickets ending up on Ebay.

I don't see how you can view that as "unfortunate events" yet lynch U2.com's codes/tickets ratio where we don't even know what went wrong: could be underestimating the demand, could be getting less tickets than they hoped for. That, to me, was unfortunate - and certainly not as intentional as you like to think.

Last edited:
maude said:
Axver,

Please refer to my post on the 3rd page of this thread. Some of it was a little more than dodgy wording.

That, indeed, was pretty damning.

indra said:

You might know that, but I didn't. Besides, I don't much care what other people find cool. Maybe that's why I missed it. ;)

But I guess I'm not a "we" either... :sad:

Well, now consider yourself in the loop. Lately, I've been rather frustrated by the "U2 have lost it", "U2 have sucked since ATYCLB" crowd led by people such as ponkine. But no need to rehash that argument on this thread; it's bad enough already.

There are people like most of us who were not able to get tickets on pre-sale or the general public. I am one of those thousands and I would have to say it is easy for the ones who do have tickets to tell other fans who don't to not complain. What would it be like if you didn't have tickets? I believe that your feelings would be different. I wasn't even excepted to be a paid member over a month and now it is too late and all the shows are sold out. so i could look at this and whine( which I have) or accept it. So that is what I am trying to do. But for people that have tickets, why don't you try and feel for the people that don't?

mysticchild said:
But for people that have tickets, why don't you try and feel for the people that don't?

The irony is that that question was asked of me long before I had tickets.

I'm still shocked by the needless anger and whining that has taken place in the entire fan community. But I guess different people react differently, and the Internet is condusive to mass reactions of infuriation.

mysticchild said:
But for people that have tickets, why don't you try and feel for the people that don't?

I think most people that do have tickets do feel for the people who don't, but then you get people who bitch because someone else has been able to get tickets to two or three shows and theose without the tickets suddenly think those with them should share. But many of the people with tickets to multiple shows have waited a long time to finally get to see them (as have many that don't have tickets), and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty because they managed to win at this ticket lottery. I think that's where some of the defensiveness is coming in (at least from some posters).

btw, I don't have tickets (but I'm not looking for them, since I don't plan on seeing any shows for a variety of reasons).

BTW, atu2.com and u2log.com report Ticketmaster is emailing those who didn't get tickets. Once those people send out the info, Ticketmaster will try to accomade legitimate requests.

U2girl said:
BTW, atu2.com and u2log.com report Ticketmaster is emailing those who didn't get tickets. Once those people send out the info, Ticketmaster will try to accomade legitimate requests.

So at least they are doing their best I suppose...

indra said:

Why would I wish to avoid your posts? I enjoy them. They amuse me. :wink:

And I did post "And that's fine, as long as she allows you the same right to criticise them," so it wasn't as if I was attacking you. I guess it is par for the course that you see it that way. But that is your problem, not mine.

Mocking my posts is your problem, not mine. Please stop.

Ticketmaster or no Ticketmaster, Fanfire or no Fanfire....too many people want too many tickets that just don't exist, period.

devalera1 said:
Please - I just saw "Hotel Rwanda" - that was an outrage. The ticket situation was indeed a fiasco, certainly not an outrage.

LOL... so people aren't allowed to use words such as outrage to describe a situation even if thw word fits the situation b/c of its definition?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

outrage

n 1: a feeling of righteous anger [syn: indignation] 2: a wantonly cruel act 3: a disgraceful event [syn: scandal] 4: the act of scandalizing [syn: scandalization, scandalisation] v 1: strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends" [syn: shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall] 2: violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetary"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God" [syn: desecrate, profane, violate] 3: force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night" [syn: rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour]

Looking at the definition you posted on the meaning of outrage, I find it hard to equate a ticket snafu with the dessecration of a cemetary or a rape.

Back
Top Bottom