ti-hua, please check in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Martha! I'm okay. I was in Manhattan but far from the WTC. (I work on 57th Street). I had to walk home to Queens but so did a couple thousand other people so it wasn't that bad. Thanks so much for thinking about me! It's kinda tough seeing the only communication I have with the rest of my family is via e-mail (they're scattered around New York and Mass.) The phone lines down here right now are a mess. Again, thank so much for thinking about me!

So glad to know you're OK. I so hope and pray that everyone else here near this horrible tragedy will be OK-physically. Psychologically, none of us will ever be the same.

Wow...that's a relief, Sharon...take care of yourself!!!
frown.gif

WHO ELSE on PLEBA is from the NY/DC/Phillie areas??????

disco...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
WHO ELSE on PLEBA is from the NY/DC/Phillie areas??????
<----- in D.C. area and flipping out. It's been crazy. They've been closing down schools and gov things all day. We got out of school 1.5 hrs. early but we just watched and listened to the news all day. I don't remember seeing more than 10 ppl buy lunch. Everyone was pretty shaken and sickened.

We're far enough from DC where it doesn't affect us too much, but close enough where a lot of ppl's relatives work in D.C. All the phone lines and everything have been messed up and in school everyone was trying to call families and trying to check out where their parents are.

One girl came back into class this morning from the bathroom and said '[a teacher] just told me the pentagon is blowing up or something' and we laughed cause it sounded so ridiculous. Then the principal started making announcements and everything.

It's still kind of tense. Nobody in my house is talking too much. We keep hearing planes flying around and it's freaking me out!
frown.gif

This is just too disgusting, but hopefully the worst is over.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

Back
Top Bottom