Thoughts about the new stage design? + Rolling Stone re: T H E C L A W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone check out Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour's stage design on Mark Fischer's web-site, this was the project he did right before POPmart (which in my opinion was/is the best stage design I have ever seen, nothing has topped it to date) , based on the most recent concerts (Genesis/Rolling Stones Outdoors) it looks like 360 will be impressive.

http://www.stufish.com/concerts.html

Anyone have additional thoughts about the new tour's visuals??

Anyone check out Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour's stage design on Mark Fischer's web-site, this was the project he did right before POPmart (which in my opinion was/is the best stage design I have ever seen, nothing has topped it to date) , based on the most recent concerts (Genesis/Rolling Stones Outdoors) it looks like 360 will be impressive.

http://www.stufish.com/concerts.html

Anyone have additional thoughts about the new tour's visuals??

Interesting to see the "concept" drawings for Vertigo indoor....looks like the early concept for the 360 tour.

A new impression from u2tour.de

2009-buehne-crokepark.jpg

U2s neues B?hnendesign: die Kralle kommt! - U2 News - U2tour.de

The Red Zones look really packed there. I wonder if they really will be so packed in like that.
(I know that pic was only for guestimating the stage size and set up, but seeing that just made me go :ohmy: )

For perspective sake....how would the POPmart stage look from that angle...man that stadium is huge! Any idea how the dynamic screens are going to work, probably the white canvas on the claw I think.

Is there somewhere on that website where that article is translated into english?

The picture is taken with a superwide lens, which distorts the corners making the edges of the frame appear bigger than they really are.

It's great for artistic purposes, or getting everything in the frame, but not so good for comparing size, distance, lines etc.

Looks like Croke Park to me?

I'd assume the Popmart stage would be smaller.

Yes it's Croke Park and yes it IS an enormous stadium - much wider whan the usual soccer field dimensions. Thats a beautifully done image - unfortunately the area behind the stage in Croke Park has not been sold - the Hill 16 area - as it's a standing terrace and I guess they think it'd be dangerous to have a rock concert crowd in there. Therefore visible behind the stage will be a massive area of empty concrete steps... Im really worried that this could take away from the atmosphere in the stadium a bit though I have a feeling that they will do something to create a backdrop to the stage to cover up the emptiness.

The more pics they post the more confusing it gets...

This photo looks like there is even an outer stage along the edge, I can't tell if it's just because it's poorly drawn or what...

We'll see :shrug:

Any chance the new stage design will be as revolutionary as POPmart's....over ten years ago, and Mark Fisher still talks about how incredable it was...will 360 get this kind of praise?

According to Mark Fisher:

“If I had to choose three projects I am proud to have been involved with, they would be PopMart, Bridges To Babylon and KÀ."

Mark Fisher - Total Production Magazine

Any chance the new stage design will be as revolutionary as POPmart's....over ten years ago, and Mark Fisher still talks about how incredable it was...will 360 get this kind of praise?

If all the rumours are correct then I think this would be right up there with some of the most revolutionary concerts...

If all the rumours are correct then I think this would be right up there with some of the most revolutionary concerts...

Things to consider:

-Unlike the past 2 tours U2 is really hyping up the design of the tour. Bono & Larry both kept too their guns (not revealing too much during interviews) but sounded pretty excited.

-I remember the Popmart concept video/pictures being shown before the tour just like on u2360.com. After seeing the concept pictures then seeing the Popmart stage in person, I was still blown away at the ahhhh :drool: when walking into the stadium.

I know Willie Williams thinks so, and I guess so does Mark Fisher.

History doesn't.

I don't think anyone can dispute POPmart was U2's biggest touring stage production (even U2 and the designers say so - it has nothing to do with whether you actually liked it), the question is what will make U2.360 more revolutionary and bigger than Popmart? Popmart had the largest LED TV screen (which today is still the largest ever taken on tour) - what is 360's key secret technology all about?...I guess we'll have to wait and fnid out....

I don't think anyone can dispute POPmart was U2's biggest touring stage production (even U2 and the designers say so - it has nothing to do with whether you actually liked it), the question is what will make U2.360 more revolutionary and bigger than Popmart? Popmart had the largest LED TV screen (which today is still the largest ever taken on tour) - what is 360's key secret technology all about?...I guess we'll have to wait and fnid out....

This was posted earlier:

"I think that the circular stage of the mast is over 50 meters tall, it will be seen from outside the Nou Camp," he explains. "The structure of the scene is like a giant four-legged spider, and the screen that surrounds it is mobile, it contracts, expands, and acts as translucent curtain backdrop projection. Come on, dazzling.

About this screen, Neo tells a story: "The team from the tour were three bids for the display, an expensive, other means and finally the cheap. They proved with the environment and found that in certain conditions, could problems, so I opted for the expensive. As they told me, who gave them the screen told them that he did not see why so many doubt if the total difference in price was led by 1 euro. He forgot that the screen has 500,000 leds . Neo estimated 12 cameras will live images of the group, which will complement, it is assumed spectacular display audiovisual projections."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom