Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though I enjoy living in Brooklyn, it is Hipster-ville USA. Sometimes when I want to try out a different coffee shop to do my writing, I get this sense that I am out of place and soon someone would tell me I don't belong. Ugh. I love how hipsters think they are against the "establishment" (whatever that is) and are so cold to anyone who isn't anything like them.

If they are true hipsters, they won't kick you out; they will leave themselves because the place isn't as cool with you there.

Good point.

Pearl, do they really say that to your face? Because if so, then wow.

Oh no, they don't. It's just a vibe I get when I go to this particular coffee shop. It's reasonably priced with a lot of outlets, so I've been there a few times. But I just feel because of my demeanor and clothing I would be sneered at for being too "mainstream". But it hasn't happened, and the baristas have been friendly and the few interactions I have with the other patrons has been cordial.

Come to think of it, that shop may not be an actual hipster place. The people there seem to be borderline hipster, if there is such a thing. I mean the guys have shaggy beards, everyone seems to shop at thrift or lesser known clothing stores, and the music played is indie rock. Plus it offers organic food along with other dishes. So it is not like Starbucks which is the establishment, but not a true hipster place. Kind of in-between.

I hate whenever I text this one guy, the first word he always types in his reply is "Lol." Why are you laughing out loud at everything I say?

I also hate being sick. I'm sure it's allergies, but I haven't figured out what's causing it...

I also hate being sick. I'm sure it's allergies, but I haven't figured out what's causing it...

I'm with you. I really hate getting the flu because I'm allergic to the flu shots and many other things. I hate being sick but I also hate allergies. I have a lot of cats and I'm highly allergic to them. I also hate people who have absolutely no allergies who don't care when other people's allergies are bothering them.

Migraines. :sigh: (I don't get them as bad or as often as some people so I am thankful for that, but still, headaches suck. :down: :( )

Very sorry u2mama. :( We have lost our dog and both cats in the last couple years. All 3 we had since my kids were just babies and they're adults now, they were part of the family, it's so hard. :sad: :hug:

I'm so sorry, U2Mama. Our pets are indeed like members of the family, and it really hurts to lose them. :sad:

I've been through that twice with cats over the years, and I don't think I'll ever "get over it."

:hug:

I hate but can't help -- but laugh at some of -- the hypocrites that I've met over time with my former associations with a tribute band.

Some have made negative decisions about me due to the words of others. Those are the same people that are perfectly fine hearing one side of a story and acting on it versus hearing both sides. Seems silly of them. But some operate like that.

The fun part is, when one tries to to tell the other side of the story and those that made decisions based on second/third hand information then say "I don't want to be in the middle".

It isn't being in the middle to tell someone the truth when THEY have put themselves in the middle by making judgments or decisions based on one side of the story. It's merely telling the other side of the story.

But some can't handle the truth. And for some it it due to the skeletons in their own closet.

And in the words of the old blues tune, "Before you accuse me... take a look at yourself".

Sorry to hear that Edge_Orchestra. People can be something else and often fall short of doing what is best. It sucks really.

I hate but can't help -- but laugh at some of -- the hypocrites that I've met over time with my former associations with a tribute band.

Some have made negative decisions about me due to the words of others. Those are the same people that are perfectly fine hearing one side of a story and acting on it versus hearing both sides. Seems silly of them. But some operate like that.

The fun part is, when one tries to to tell the other side of the story and those that made decisions based on second/third hand information then say "I don't want to be in the middle".

It isn't being in the middle to tell someone the truth when THEY have put themselves in the middle by making judgments or decisions based on one side of the story. It's merely telling the other side of the story.

But some can't handle the truth. And for some it it due to the skeletons in their own closet.

And in the words of the old blues tune, "Before you accuse me... take a look at yourself".

I'm so sorry about that.Trust me,I know what you are talking about.To me that happens all the time and it gets on my nerves.There are many hypocretes as you said in this world and it is easy to get distracted by them.Don't worry.I'm sure that you have real friends who can support you.

I hate it when you are stressed or in a pissed off mood, and people around you laugh at you. It's like, "oh look how angry she is! Ha-ha! What a weirdo!"

Uhm, have these people ever faced a crappy day in their lives? Because if not, I can't wait to see shit hit the fan for them.

I hate it when you are stressed or in a pissed off mood, and people around you laugh at you. It's like, "oh look how angry she is! Ha-ha! What a weirdo!"

Uhm, have these people ever faced a crappy day in their lives? Because if not, I can't wait to see shit hit the fan for them.

Or say things like "Oooooh. Looks like somebody skipped the happy cereal and went straight to angry toast." Like really?

I can't stand people who aren't tactile. Where are their brains?

I honestly don't know but some people just need a good high five… in the face.

I also hate how the majority of my generation is so caught up in their music like One Direction and Pitbull that they won't even consider the fact that they are copying great music and turning it bad. That also leads me to say that I hate musicians who copy music from other people, add their own lyrics, and call it completely original.

Forgetting that the movie theater has recently switched to reclining seats, walking right into one of the reclined backs in the dark, flying face first down the aisle and watching half of your brand new popcorn fly down the aisle too. :angry: :applaud:

Sorry to hear that Edge_Orchestra. People can be something else and often fall short of doing what is best. It sucks really.

Still the same garbage happening. Times like these you learn who are your real friends. And sadly, you learn that those who you have cared and done so much for... Have no concept of reciprocation.

When people allow their unleashed dog to crash my picnic and then while it's standing on my stuff and sniffing my food, smile and say "It's okay, he's just really friendly." I don't care how friendly or safe he is- if I wanted a dog at my picnic I would have invited one.

Ha- I just saw the dog posts on the previous page. I actually enjoy dogs but I don't like invasion of my space in public by strangers, animal or human.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to do nothing at all. :crack: I hate that I'm not good at doing nothing, it's driving me nuts. But I must be patient, sigh.

Back
Top Bottom