Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting hot glue on my skin. I'm pretty used to it and normally shrug it off, but now I've got my thumb in a cold glass of water and it's kind of a bitch.

I hate it that my workplace has changed locations. The new place is too spread out and if they don't hire someone else, then I'm going to be running across the building all day to take tickets to the kitchen, besides doing all the other stuff I have to do, since the cash register and the kitchen are at opposite ends now. And they are talking about being open 13 hours a day, six days a week instead of five, and eliminating the two-hour break in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. Maybe I'm just lazy or a wimp, but I'm not doing that, even if I only work three days a week, especially if they don't hire more people.

Hope you are staying safe, Catman! :hug:
Well, I braved the hurricane :crack:

Actually, it wasn't too bad where I live... not like Gustav. ugh, that was a disaster. Was out of power for almost 2 weeks :doh:

But the college I work at will still be closed for the rest of the week, so it's kind of like a mini-vacation!

Got the biopsy results from the two moles that were removed a couple of weeks ago. The one on my right forearm has pre-cancerous cells in it, so I have an appointment to have liquid nitrogen applied to freeze the area. The one on my right calf, however, is cancerous, so I have an appointment in two weeks to remove a chunk of my calf to hopefully get the rest of it. The same guy that took the chunk from my right shoulder three years ago to get rid of melanoma will be doing the surgery, so that is good. At least this one will be where I can bandage it myself, and hopefully will be healed up before I go to the beach and Disney World in October. :yikes:

Guess I'm paying now for all of the lying out in the sun I did when I was young.

:hug: love you Ms Purrl, take care of your gorgeous self and I'm sending a bucketful of butterflies and healiness your way :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug::hug:I hope it all goes well!

My hate....I have to go to a funeral tomorrow for the Dad of one of my daughter's bff's. Her mom died less than 2 years ago from breast cancer. The dad decided to not take care of his own issues and killed himself over the weekend. This poor child and her brother have been through so much...I just don't know if they are ever going to be ok. :sad:

I hate mental illness just as much as I hate cancer.

:( wow ~ those poor babies :( hope you're doing okay U2Mama, that is rough stuff :hug:

I'm glad the worst is over for you! We're supposed to get up to 9 inches of rain from Isaac here in Indiana over the weekend, but we can use it.
Ooh, a good friend of mine just recently visited Indiana (actually going up to visit for Halloween). She lives in West Lafayette and expects much more to come :crack: Hope you're surviving, MsPurrl :wave:

Purplereign: Thank you, lovey! :hug:

Catman: What a coincidence: I live just across the river from West Lafayette (Purdue University) in Lafayette. We got a good soaking about noon on Saturday, but the football game went on as scheduled. :D

Cancer. Fuck it. I am missing you badly Mike. I can't believe you are gone.

Call me a grammar Nazi, but I am so sick and tired of people's crappy spelling and grammar skills these days!

Today alone, I saw someone spell "idiot" - "id iot" twice on the comments section of the HuffPo.

On OK Cupid, some dumb ass wrote this: "I like. to have fun. and have a. good time."

I'm not kidding! Seriously, what the hell is going on with the English language?! Do native speakers of Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, or anyone else have this problem?

Ugh, just plain ugh. :doh:

Call me a grammar Nazi, but I am so sick and tired of people's crappy spelling and grammar skills these days!

Today alone, I saw someone spell "idiot" - "id iot" twice on the comments section of the HuffPo.

On OK Cupid, some dumb ass wrote this: "I like. to have fun. and have a. good time."

I'm not kidding! Seriously, what the hell is going on with the English language?! Do native speakers of Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, or anyone else have this problem?

Huzzah! :applaud:

None you mentioned, but in Dutch it's happening, although not as much as with English. Seems like today's youth doesn't value proper grammar, as speed and short messages is all that matters. Text/msn speak is very popular. And I think it's horrific. :wink:

It's nothing compared to the English abuse of your/you're/youre it's/its and stuff like that though.

Galeongirl said:
None you mentioned, but in Dutch it's happening, although not as much as with English. Seems like today's youth doesn't value proper grammar, as speed and short messages is all that matters. Text/msn speak is very popular. And I think it's horrific. :wink:

It's nothing compared to the English abuse of your/you're/youre it's/its and stuff like that though.

wut do u meen :scratch:

People who get all their news from one source and insist that any other news source is "propaganda". I am so tired of having to correct family members when they try to inform me of things that have been proven flat out false by several sources. If I hear one more word about Obama being a communist I'm going to start self proclaiming myself a communist just to get them to shut up.

:lol: Sounds like a plan!

Yeah, most of my family are staunch conservatives who believe all the conspiracy theories about Obama. They get their news from conservative sources and get knee-jerk reactions to whatever is reported, hence getting even those reports mixed up. Sometimes my dad will come to me with stories that sound too bizarre to be true and then I do my research and sure enough, he got his facts all wrong. But he - and the rest of my family - won't ever wake up and realize how crazy and misinformed they sound. Sigh!

One of my sisters leans so far to the right that she's about to fall over! She gets her "facts" from Fox News on TV, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly, and won't even entertain that they might be "misinformed." I can't wait until this election is over!

I hate that I lost my stylus, and that I keep losing things. I miss my mind the most ...

It was a really nice stylus. Now I have to buy a new one. I know I had it as of Friday.

Yeah that really sucks . But honestly, someone who would do that to you on your birthday-why would you want to be with them? Sorry, don't mean to sound patronizing or cold, etc. Doesn't make it hurt any less, I know. I just don't get why someone would do that.

:lol: Sounds like a plan!

Yeah, most of my family are staunch conservatives who believe all the conspiracy theories about Obama. They get their news from conservative sources and get knee-jerk reactions to whatever is reported, hence getting even those reports mixed up. Sometimes my dad will come to me with stories that sound too bizarre to be true and then I do my research and sure enough, he got his facts all wrong. But he - and the rest of my family - won't ever wake up and realize how crazy and misinformed they sound. Sigh!

I got an email today form a family member warning me of Obama's conspiracy to take America apart piece by piece and destroy it because he's partnering up with the muslims or something crazy like that. I just don't even know how to respond to stuff that crazy, so I don't. They genuinely believe this stuff to be true even when it's false. When I fact check the political chain emails 90% of the stuff is false.

But wait, anything that isn't Fox News is liberal propaganda!

One of my sisters leans so far to the right that she's about to fall over! She gets her "facts" from Fox News on TV, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly, and won't even entertain that they might be "misinformed." I can't wait until this election is over!

Same here!

Back
Top Bottom