Things I Hate Part 'Why The Feck Do We Hate So Much Stuff?'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wanting to do something, but shyness and insecurity are getting in the way!:|

^Dear lord THIS! :scream:

This is going to be the biggest cliche ever, and I apologize for that, but you've really got to learn to love yourself, flaws and all. And there are days when you need to fake it til you make it, but it's worth the effort.

I know I come off as confident and all that, but I have definite insecurities. What I made a choice to do a long time ago was to focus on the things I love about myself. After a while, you start realizing you have a lot to be confident about and it becomes easier to take a deep breath and walk right through those shy moments. Of course, the more you push through, the more confidence you build. It takes time, but learn to balance it all out by shutting down the negative self-talk and re-directing your focus to everything good about you. And there are plenty of good things about you, because plenty of us on here like you. :)

//afterschoolspecial.

This is going to be the biggest cliche ever, and I apologize for that, but you've really got to learn to love yourself, flaws and all. And there are days when you need to fake it til you make it, but it's worth the effort.

I know I come off as confident and all that, but I have definite insecurities. What I made a choice to do a long time ago was to focus on the things I love about myself. After a while, you start realizing you have a lot to be confident about and it becomes easier to take a deep breath and walk right through those shy moments. Of course, the more you push through, the more confidence you build. It takes time, but learn to balance it all out by shutting down the negative self-talk and re-directing your focus to everything good about you. And there are plenty of good things about you, because plenty of us on here like you. :)

//afterschoolspecial.

Yeah, what kafrun said! :hug::heart:

this relates.

i used to think that whole "the secret" thing was bullshit, like we used to say "so i just close my eyes, imagine i've got a million dollars and in a year that's what i'll have". and a lot of the stuff involved with it, the books, the videos, etc, is bullshit, but if you break it down to just "the law of attraction", which is what i recall the secret being, i flicked through it once, there's a lot of truth to it. i'm not 100% with my life, far from it, but i do really try to think positively and it does work. it makes you feel better. you're only going to feel worse if you think negatively. thinking positive attracts positive things.

in year 12 they told us to put write down what we wanted our ENTER score to be (i guess for you Americans that'd be your SAT score, i think :scratch:) and put it somewhere where you'd see it every day. i wrote down 85, not thinking i would get anywhere near it, and put it on my bedroom door, so i saw it every day, even if i largely ignored it. i ended up with 86.35 and i emailed my homeroom teacher after grad and told him and he tells his year 12s to this day.

Being sick. Blah!

Well to be fair I'm mostly better, but spending most of my weekend sleeping wasn't how I'd have ideally done it.

+1 on the being sick thing.

I wake up, feeling fine. I get in the shower. I sneeze once. I break out into an uncontrollable sneeze frenzy, and apparently I'm sick now. Who'dve thunk you could go from okay to sick that quickly? Not cool.

//afterschoolspecial.

The self esteem is something that I am working on. I do love a lot of things about myself, it is the shyness that is hard. It isn't in all situations. For example, I was in Vegas for U2 in 2009, but too shy to even sign up here, let alone go to the party. In doing so, I missed out on meeting many of you. Now that I have gotten to know some of you now, meeting up will be no problem. My issues come into play when I am not sure how someone feels about me. I never start "chatting" on FB, because I feel like I am interupting or bothering the person, so now I just stay offline. I am a work in progress...:crack:

//afterschoolspecial.

:heart:

this relates.

i used to think that whole "the secret" thing was bullshit, like we used to say "so i just close my eyes, imagine i've got a million dollars and in a year that's what i'll have". and a lot of the stuff involved with it, the books, the videos, etc, is bullshit, but if you break it down to just "the law of attraction", which is what i recall the secret being, i flicked through it once, there's a lot of truth to it. i'm not 100% with my life, far from it, but i do really try to think positively and it does work. it makes you feel better. you're only going to feel worse if you think negatively. thinking positive attracts positive things.

in year 12 they told us to put write down what we wanted our ENTER score to be (i guess for you Americans that'd be your SAT score, i think :scratch:) and put it somewhere where you'd see it every day. i wrote down 85, not thinking i would get anywhere near it, and put it on my bedroom door, so i saw it every day, even if i largely ignored it. i ended up with 86.35 and i emailed my homeroom teacher after grad and told him and he tells his year 12s to this day.

the power of the mind, when focused, even in tiny ways is amazing; thanks cobl :hug:

Feeling consistently stressed, sleeping badly and knowing it isn't going to get any better.

I am a mess :wink:

welcome. to. my. life :wink: :hug:

The self esteem is something that I am working on. I do love a lot of things about myself, it is the shyness that is hard. It isn't in all situations. For example, I was in Vegas for U2 in 2009, but too shy to even sign up here, let alone go to the party. In doing so, I missed out on meeting many of you. Now that I have gotten to know some of you now, meeting up will be no problem. My issues come into play when I am not sure how someone feels about me. I never start "chatting" on FB, because I feel like I am interupting or bothering the person, so now I just stay offline. I am a work in progress...:crack:

isn't it crazy to be in an age group where you feel like you should have it all together and you still feel like the new girl in the class every single day . . . some days you conquer it, other days it wins but as the gorgeous kaffy said, one day at a time and don't let the down days discourage you from chipping away and truly, caring a little less about what others think of you is a HUGE step in the right direction . . . it's hard because people can be asses and some will play directly into your insecurities, but repeat you're mantra, whatever it may be, and stay strong angel :hug: . . . for me, I just try to remember that however someone is responding to me tells me more about THEM and where they are and doesn't really have anything to do with who I am . . . and have an awesome time in July, lucky lucky girl :) *would give right arm and most of her toes to be in Canada this year* :sexywink:

< as this is the hate thread . . . can't stand not being able to figure out the shortcuts on my computer and inadvertently hitting the key combination that makes everything really really big or teensy weensy small :madwife:

isn't it crazy to be in an age group where you feel like you should have it all together and you still feel like the new girl in the class every single day . . . some days you conquer it, other days it wins but as the gorgeous kaffy said, one day at a time and don't let the down days discourage you from chipping away :hug: and truly, caring a little less about what others think of you is a HUGE step in the right direction . . . it's hard because people can be asses and some will play directly into your insecurities, but repeat you're mantra, whatever it may be, and stay strong angel :hug: . . . for me, I just try to remember that however someone is responding to me tells me more about THEM and where they are and doesn't really have anything to do with who I am . . . and have an awesome time in July, lucky lucky girl :) *would give right arm and most of her toes to be in Canada this year* :sexywink:

:hug::hug::hug: Thanks for your kind words, and thanks to Kaf too!:hug::hug::hug:

//afterschoolspecial.

I know that, and you're totally right. But I just can't find it. I've been bullied all the time through primary and highschool, and while I seem confident deep down I really don't know shit. I am starting to accept myself for who I am, but it doesn't help when you're always the different one. The strange kid. It doesn't help that I'm a tomboy either.. I'm always one of the guys, it's sorta the female version of the friend zone. :( I guess that's the biggest part in my insecurity. I have been alone for almost six years now. And the only relationships I had before that were short lived. I guess finding a guy that likes me for who I am could help me see it myself.. Hope that happens soon.

I hate when someone is obviously mad at you, but you have no idea why...:(

that there is a new boss taking over at the servo on the 30th (i only found out on the 23rd) and despite the old bosses assurance that no one will lose their jobs, the new boss wants all our resumes!!!

i can't afford to lose this job, fuck going back to the factory!

I know that, and you're totally right. But I just can't find it. I've been bullied all the time through primary and highschool, and while I seem confident deep down I really don't know shit. I am starting to accept myself for who I am, but it doesn't help when you're always the different one. The strange kid. It doesn't help that I'm a tomboy either.. I'm always one of the guys, it's sorta the female version of the friend zone. :( I guess that's the biggest part in my insecurity. I have been alone for almost six years now. And the only relationships I had before that were short lived. I guess finding a guy that likes me for who I am could help me see it myself.. Hope that happens soon.

I never thought I would, either, GG. :hug:

The guy that is lucky enough to catch you is going to be one lucky bloke! :love:

:) that's so awesome danny, glad you were able to (more than) accomplish your goal!

my contribution: since i can't ever seem to make a long story short, i'll just say i never really took the bus before moving here. there were buses in memphis but it was a joke, unless i wanted to go along a little stretch of a road in my fucking suburb i'd have to transfer at least once. my dad had to take a bus from our house to downtown (ahem, cbd) once on a weekday during working hours, and it took him THREE HOURS. you could drive it in 30-45 minutes tops as a reference. yeah.

aaaaanyway so i'm used to doing it now, i'm lucky in that the timetable's easy to remember and such. i've no problems getting to school (well aside from the fact that the bus is always late which is just an annoyance more than anything, i could go off on a tangent about how i make an ass out of myself every day as a result but i won't), but from school is another story.

here's the point of my story: several times now i've been 90% to the bus stop and i see my bus starting to pull away from the stop. i'm close enough to wave them down but i just can't fucking bring myself to. it's so lame and i spend the whole time kicking myself mentally over it while waiting for the next one. i mean it's not like everyone standing around will turn and laugh at me, and even if anyone in the bus does, shit if the driver doesn't stop then it doesn't matter. :smacksself:

I've got this thing with my knee, it seems to hurt on and off in Winter. ATM, it always hurts if I cross my leg or sit one leg over the other. Since I sit cross legged most of the time, its pretty annoying. :angry: My Ibuprofen gel is at home, and I cba taking tablets for it. :|

MrPurrl shaved his head. He looks like a freaking roll-on deodorant. I hate it. :reject:

:lmao: Someone I know did this, shaved their head for no apparent reason. Looks like a thug now. :huh:

MrPurrl shaved his head. He looks like a freaking roll-on deodorant. I hate it. :reject:

Maybe his hair is thinning? Maybe he didn't want to be "comb-over guy"? Or maybe it only grows on the sides and not the top? No one wants to look like Bozo the clown.

And comb-over guy and Bozo are both far worse than roll-on deodorant head-guy.

If he shaved it just to shave it... different story. =O)

:) that's so awesome danny, glad you were able to (more than) accomplish your goal!

my contribution: since i can't ever seem to make a long story short, i'll just say i never really took the bus before moving here. there were buses in memphis but it was a joke, unless i wanted to go along a little stretch of a road in my fucking suburb i'd have to transfer at least once. my dad had to take a bus from our house to downtown (ahem, cbd) once on a weekday during working hours, and it took him THREE HOURS. you could drive it in 30-45 minutes tops as a reference. yeah.

aaaaanyway so i'm used to doing it now, i'm lucky in that the timetable's easy to remember and such. i've no problems getting to school (well aside from the fact that the bus is always late which is just an annoyance more than anything, i could go off on a tangent about how i make an ass out of myself every day as a result but i won't), but from school is another story.

here's the point of my story: several times now i've been 90% to the bus stop and i see my bus starting to pull away from the stop. i'm close enough to wave them down but i just can't fucking bring myself to. it's so lame and i spend the whole time kicking myself mentally over it while waiting for the next one. i mean it's not like everyone standing around will turn and laugh at me, and even if anyone in the bus does, shit if the driver doesn't stop then it doesn't matter. :smacksself:

:hug: ah don't do that to yourself lovely; life is hard enough without dreaming up new ways to beat ourselves up . . . you'll do it when you're ready, or you won't . . . and if you never do, well, truly there are worse things :hug:

:lmao: Purrl :heart:

bullies . . . big kids picking on little kids . . . :rant: :madwife: :sad: :angry:

^I hate bullies too!

Also hate that I now have a C in maht for not making up my work and my mom got so mad at me for that... how'm I gonna make up to her?

Maybe his hair is thinning? Maybe he didn't want to be "comb-over guy"? Or maybe it only grows on the sides and not the top? No one wants to look like Bozo the clown.

And comb-over guy and Bozo are both far worse than roll-on deodorant head-guy.

If he shaved it just to shave it... different story. =O)

None of the above, E_O! He said he "just got tired of having a live animal on his head." And he sure felt the difference when the weather turned cold again and he went outside. :D So I guess I have to look at this for a few months now. He's a big guy, and this is not a good look for him. The back of his neck looks like a package of hot dogs! :huh:

I hate that some are absolute shite in communicating. If I IM, text, email or send a message by giraffe or jungle telegraph... answer the &^% back.

Yes we all lead busy lives. I understand family, jobs and a myriad of friends and other activities that take your time.

But that means that you can't answer back later? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Just saying... not much frosts my knackers. But failure to answer messages is right up there and overall, it's pretty weak.

I hate that some are absolute shite in communicating. If I IM, text, email or send a message by giraffe or jungle telegraph... answer the &^% back.

Yes we all lead busy lives. I understand family, jobs and a myriad of friends and other activities that take your time.

Just saying... not much frosts my knackers. But failure to answer messages is right up there and overall, it's pretty weak.

See? Now you know how I've felt.

I hear ya. I'm having that today with my BF, except rather than be annoyed, I'm worried since he's been ill while I've been away. :huh: On one hand I'd rather he stayed in bed, on the other, I'd rather he got up and text me back that he's ok. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom