These are U2 songs I dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crumbs from your table.
The following lines:
You were pretty as a picture
It was all there to see
Then your face caught up with your
Psychology
(I mean come on)
With a mouth full of teeth
You ate all your friends
(#&@^#*er!!????)

Philanthropist bono at his absolute worst

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Crumbs from your table.
The following lines:
It was all there to see
Psychology
(I mean come on)
You ate all your friends
(#&@^#*er!!????)

If only Bono has consulted you with your expertise in song lyrics. ;)

For me, I like the music of the song. Not every U2 song has to resonate with me on all levels for me not to like it. :shrug:

If only Bono has consulted you with your expertise in song lyrics. ;)

For me, I like the music of the song. Not every U2 song has to resonate with me on all levels for me not to like it. :shrug:

Well he should if he is going to write that, a lot of people are probably gonna say duuude you're awesome but thats a little lame.

The music is nice actually, but you know sometimes there is that one thing in a song that sticks out and for me its that and ruins it for me. I mean thats the only u2 song that I sort of dislike that I can think of.

Crumbs from your table.
The following lines:
It was all there to see
Psychology
(I mean come on)
You ate all your friends
(#&@^#*er!!????)

I always thought it was "with your satchel of cheese".

But I suppose "psychology" is close enough.

Also I can't believe somebody put God Part II on their list. Opinions and all but, damn, I want to hear that song live so badly.

Songs I truly dislike? Boots and Wake Up Dead Man come to mind.

I'd like you or BigMacphisto explain what you find so bad about it. Honestly. There are a handful of songs that many agree aren't that great, Boots, Love Rescue Me, Red Light, Stand Up Comedy, etc. But this is the first time I've seen someone say that outright dislike Wake Up Dead Man, as opposed to just not being a big fan of it. What is so bad about it? I can't even see where you're coming from.

It's got this incredible broken, desperate atmosphere, works amazingly as a closer for Pop, has a great guitar tone, the samples of a woman's wailing voice in the background, passion in the vocals, a great drum beat from Larry that complements Edge, and gripping lyrics (and that's coming from an atheist). It's pretty unique within their catalogue.

Wake Up Dead Man actually makes me wish that I still believed in God. That's a pretty damned effective song.

remember when we all thought U2 was going to premiere CRUMBS at Live 8 ?

Because it had to do with it.

Then they played it ONE time on the 3rd leg, and that was it :angry:

Wake Up Dead Man actually makes me wish that I still believed in God. That's a pretty damned effective song.

It certainly is, and I think that's one of the reasons I dislike it. My dad would always skip over that song in the past and I think it left an impression on me. I may need to revisit it now but that song was always absent on our Pop album and I didn't like it when it came on during a live show.

When you hear a song for the first time at ten years old, the initial interpretation of the lyric definitely hangs around!

Never been a fan, what can you do. :|

You see? The innocence of a ten year old mind could not would not accept that psychology would go there. :D
For those who love cfyt this is just my opinion and I am just hating on it in the spirit of the thread

I really hate THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA !!!!!!!

what a TERRIBLE SONG !!! Luckily it's never played on the radio! Did that song win a golden globe??? disgusting!

I bet everyone (almost) knows my most disliked song....... say it someone..... please.... remember I was banned from even mentioning the song again.... those were the days!

1. BOOTS
2. Maybe Miami .... I just don't dig it.

Small list huh?

Satchel of Cheese best post of this thread.

It certainly is, and I think that's one of the reasons I dislike it. My dad would always skip over that song in the past and I think it left an impression on me. I may need to revisit it now but that song was always absent on our Pop album and I didn't like it when it came on during a live show.

You should try giving it a listen through the lens of those who wish they didn't believe and those who wish they could, and not think whether or not you like it or not for a bit.

I bet everyone (almost) knows my most disliked song....... say it someone..... please.... remember I was banned from even mentioning the song again.... those were the days!

1. BOOTS

Really don't get the rabid Boots hate around here. Yeah, it wasn't the best choice for a lead single, and certainly isn't one of U2's best songs by a far sight, but it isn't all that bad. Actually, I don't think it's a bad song at all, just not great. And unlike Ordinary Love, at least it's somewhat interesting.

I think bashing it has just kind of become sport around here, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and if IIRC it went off pretty well live.

Really don't get the rabid Boots hate around here. Yeah, it wasn't the best choice for a lead single, and certainly isn't one of U2's best songs by a far sight, but it isn't all that bad. Actually, I don't think it's a bad song at all, just not great. And unlike Ordinary Love, at least it's somewhat interesting.

I think bashing it has just kind of become sport around here, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and if IIRC it went off pretty well live.

I agree with this very strongly.

You've stated your side succinctly and I will once again state mine: this song offends me on so many levels...... the song which really is no more than a riff with the embarrassing bridge is nothing more than a satchel of cheese... To me it sounds like they are trying to be something they are not and failed miserably and the hideous lyrics brings it over the edge. I just don't find anything redeeming from the song... but to say I'm just bashing it from a crowd standpoint is incorrect because way back when everyone was like "OMGZ BOOTS BEST SONG EVER" I hated it then and was outcasted...

.... at least on Miami Edges riff was kinda cool... see I found something redeeming about even Mi Mammy :wink:

this song offends me on so many levels

The song "offends" you? Crikey, folk around here get offended a lot.

fry.jpg

I took the line "offended by" from a family guy episode.... I was just really taking the piss out of this..... the reality is I really am not offended by the song

The song "offends" you? Crikey, folk around here get offended a lot.

fry.jpg

And they real reason I hate the song is it just blows..... in my opinion... which isn't yours but mine and yourself and all the other kiddies could say how great it is and post your cute gif's but in the end the song still blows. and no it didn't translate great on 360 - it was embarrassing.

it didn't translate great on 360 - it was embarrassing.

Wow! First the song is offensive now it's embarrassing! Are you sure it's not also vile, repugnant, disgusting, and loathsome? ;)

Next thing you know you'll be claiming it sounded like something Hitler could have written!
(Well, except for the not wanting to talk about war between nations part).

Wow! First the song is offensive now it's embarrassing! Are you sure it's not also vile, repugnant, disgusting, and loathsome? ;)

Next thing you know you'll be claiming it sounded like something Hitler could have written!

Well played sir !!! :angry: :madspit::banghead:

Bono is a fascist. That's why he is a tax cheat who likes George W. Bush and Tony Blair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom