The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While part of me is excited for the new direction that they're going with season 5, the other part of me is just rolling my eyes because here we go again with more people being the enemy instead of zombies. Plus it would be nice if we actually have the series go somewhere in the direction of finding a cure or something like that.

yeah. it's getting to be a bit repetitive at this point. we all saw it coming, all but i think 5% of the people who voted that night on talking dead said terminus would be as bad or worse than woodbury. i never would've guessed cannibalism, but when they first showed mary, i definitely thought it was too good to be true.

i wish they'd written it that they'd all somehow met up somewhere else and...idk, they've already explored the cdc storyline so that's out. dc is a long way to go on foot but i wish they'd go more in that direction, looking into long-term stuff instead of just finding some new human antagonist to pit against rick and the rest of the group. why can't the antagonist be the walkers and the virus (or whatever it is that causes this) itself? having to divide people into groups of good vs. evil is so primitive thinking.

i'm not saying the rest of the show should just be dedicated to them surviving and figuring out how to cure this, because it could become like a documentary. but some breathing space where we don't go straight from them killing the governor to them meeting a bunch of weird cannibals would be nice.

While part of me is excited for the new direction that they're going with season 5, the other part of me is just rolling my eyes because here we go again with more people being the enemy instead of zombies. Plus it would be nice if we actually have the series go somewhere in the direction of finding a cure or something like that.

I'm sorry but quite honestly what more can you do with Zombies?

Of course people are more dangerous than zombies, it's always been the case. It tends to be the general theme of all of these survival horror stories.

Don't get me wrong, the cannibal angle is a little on the lazy side if you ask me but the obvious parallels with the zombies themselves should be interesting at least.

I hope they never find a cure - I like my apocalyptic tales appropriately bleak than you very much.

The zombies are only the situation. It's a bit like saying what can you do with superflu.

This show is getting seriously boring, and I hold out only minimal hope.

I'm entertained with the show. I'm intrigued by the direction of the show.

I want it to go darker, as it's more realistic. Sure there are some elements of disbelief (zombies anyone???), but overall it's the fall of civilization that is so fascinating.

Now my hope is after terminus they leave the area they are in. Find a car and drive north, as there needs to be some fresh scenery.

I'm sorry but quite honestly what more can you do with Zombies?

Of course people are more dangerous than zombies, it's always been the case. It tends to be the general theme of all of these survival horror stories.

Don't get me wrong, the cannibal angle is a little on the lazy side if you ask me but the obvious parallels with the zombies themselves should be interesting at least.

I hope they never find a cure - I like my apocalyptic tales appropriately bleak than you very much.

Yeah, I definitely understand and somewhat agree with your point. For me personally, the most intriguing part of Season 4 was when we met the guy who supposedly knows what happened and how to save the world. Who knows, maybe he'll end up being a fraud. But it's going to frustrate me a bit if it takes 3 more seasons to actually develop that story.

yeah. it's getting to be a bit repetitive at this point. we all saw it coming, all but i think 5% of the people who voted that night on talking dead said terminus would be as bad or worse than woodbury. i never would've guessed cannibalism, but when they first showed mary, i definitely thought it was too good to be true.

i wish they'd written it that they'd all somehow met up somewhere else and...idk, they've already explored the cdc storyline so that's out. dc is a long way to go on foot but i wish they'd go more in that direction, looking into long-term stuff instead of just finding some new human antagonist to pit against rick and the rest of the group. why can't the antagonist be the walkers and the virus (or whatever it is that causes this) itself? having to divide people into groups of good vs. evil is so primitive thinking.

i'm not saying the rest of the show should just be dedicated to them surviving and figuring out how to cure this, because it could become like a documentary. but some breathing space where we don't go straight from them killing the governor to them meeting a bunch of weird cannibals would be nice.

I think what you are saying in regards to figuring out a cure could possibly happen at some point, or maybe not. But the whole premise of the show is not really the zombies, but how the remaining humans react to what has happened to and around them. Its not really a stretch to imagine all of these groups going to war with each other and the constant power struggle and fighting over food, security, etc.

If you really think about it we are doing that today, always have been in fact, only on a smaller scale because we do have somewhat of a law and order system in place. But its still basically survival of the fittest, smartest, luckiest, or the most well connected.

Well I'd definitely agree that they need to take a step away from the human vs. human.

Make them live nomadic for a bit. Fighting the elements, kinda like in season 1 when they were stuck in the city.

The governor bullshit has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm ready to see them set off to DC, not settle down due to human vs. human conflict.

Doubt that's gonna happen. They've for a lot of comic to cover. No character has even been fully developed to this point. Not even the crazy main character.

They've got quite a while to go so long as this show still gets watched.

That reminds me, i had a friend who was a bartender (well several actually), and he had some pretty unusual customers at his bar. Aside from the day drinkers, retired bar stool philosophers, college kids, and the nutty professors, he actually had a cult who would come in on a regular basis.

This cult worshiped beer. More so than the average bear, mind you, this group turned their bar hopping into a religious service. And they were so very faithful and devout. They drank and drank until they were full.

Mad on ideas, they felt the spirit of the ale move through them, putting them into a trance. Whatever strange behaviors they displayed, whatever odd things they would say and do, this was all directly attributed to the golden deity in which they had consumed.

If the police ever tried to arrest them for drunk and disorderly conduct, they would claim immunity from the law based on their religious freedom. They were simply following the commands of their Beer God. Try explaining that to the judge

:beer:

that was really fucking good, and right to the point, I thought it would take at least the midseason for the terminus thing to go through, I just wish Rick would had pull through with his "I'm gonna kill you with it" thing

Loved it. So much action and so much going on. Extra blood and gore too :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom