The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have flurries, but we have a tropical storm today in Halifax! :huh:

Alright, I missed the first two games of the Tigers-A's series, but it looks like Detroit's doing well.

Here's hoping the Mets can pull it off tonight.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's official: I hate Michigan. It's snowing, in October... They're flurries, but still. :scream:

There's nothing better than snow in October, except for snow in September. Long live winter.

:drool:

though if he still were to pitch in game six, should the series get that far, it would be on three days rest thanks to no off day before going to st. louis. saturday, sunday, monday (off) then tuesday. game seven would be full rest...if the cardinals are down 3-2 going into game six i expect to see carpenter, if its flipped then carpenter would go game seven...but if the series is over in five, it's moot.

got another shot yesterday. is supposedly doing better with rest, but if he can't hit effectivly, then theres no point in leaving the imperial on the bench. if he's hitting the ball solid but still making outs,t hats ok, but if he's bitching the ball and popping up balls that should be driven, he can't be playing and hitting 5th.

the only thing that's making me nervous is how everyone and their mother is saying that the mets are the clear cut favorites... outside of this forum, i've yet to see someone pick the cardinals yet.

the makeup of this met team doesn't strike me as the kind that would get cocky and over-confident, and/or take an opponent lightly like some other teams would (coughcoughcoughyankeescoughcough)... but when everyone's kissing your ass and telling you that the other team has no chance, it's tough not to listen...

StlElevation said:
though if he still were to pitch in game six, should the series get that far, it would be on three days rest thanks to no off day before going to st. louis. saturday, sunday, monday (off) then tuesday. game seven would be full rest...if the cardinals are down 3-2 going into game six i expect to see carpenter, if its flipped then carpenter would go game seven...but if the series is over in five, it's moot.

game 6 would be on full 4 days rest

U2democrat said:
I'm just glad the Cards have made it as far as they have...their season wasn't exactly stellar thanks to all the injuries, and their meltdown at the end.

exactly, anything they do now is gravy, if they lose its not really a big deal, because they werent expected to come this far anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom