the things you missed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been here for only a couple of months and even I know who Zoots is now.

This certainly is an educational thread for a newer poster here. Zoots sounds like an interesting guy but after reading through some earlier posts on Interference I have a question....what does pulling a mount temple mean?

So many people have been banned from here, it's hysterical. If you have survived this long then congratulations! Quick reminder, getting banned from here is fuckin' pathetic. The mods here give you plenty of chances to get your act together.

So many people have been banned from here, it's hysterical. If you have survived this long then congratulations! Quick reminder, getting banned from here is fuckin' pathetic. The mods here give you plenty of chances to get your act together.

It's all about staying under the flame out meter. If you were to look at my collective assholeishness over the last 15 years, how I haven't been banned is beyond me, but I also haven't ever had that epic flameout.

If I ever do have the flameout, it will be strategic and well thought out, I promise you that.

If I was to be banned from EYKIW/WHATATHAN I'd wear it as a badge of honour :lol:

This certainly is an educational thread for a newer poster here. Zoots sounds like an interesting guy but after reading through some earlier posts on Interference I have a question....what does pulling a mount temple mean?

Mount Temple was some weird bloke with a really fucking creepy avatar who started posting random diatribes in several B&C threads, and then someone did took one of his posts and did a google search and found that he was copying and pasting from sites like Amazon. Probably the most pathetic thing I've seen in my time here, although it did give rise to the copy+paste from wikipedia meme which was (and remains) good fun.

I miss Schloop as well.

Mostly because you just don't see enough Interference members talking about how they listen to music while fucking their significant others.

I miss Schloop as well.

Mostly because you just don't see enough Interference members talking about how they listen to music while fucking their significant others.

And wasn't his premise that he is the only one here getting laid and the rest of us just wish we were him or am I mixing him up with someone else?

I had a two-week ban (can't remember for what) and a "permanent" ban at one point (for generally being a dick, and more specifically for being a dick to Elvis) that only ended because I apologized and more or less begged to be un-banned after about three weeks of withdrawal. This was all at least 10 years ago now.

I was a petulant little shit head as a teenager, I can't imagine getting so worked up over anything on the Internet now that would result in my being banned from this place.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He'd been rude and short for a while and then finally cracked, with a comment like "another random circlejerk I fucked lances mom in the brownie". It then prompted Laz (I think) to reference Blaze of Glory, which was funniest to me because of Zoots' fondness for the Jov.

It has been rumoured he has resurfaced twice, but I cannot confirm or deny...

Link: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/bitch-moan-bitch-moan-203165.html

I'm willing to confirm that rumor.

and then someone did took one of his posts and did a google search and found that he was copying and pasting from sites like Amazon. Probably the most pathetic thing I've seen in my time here, although it did give rise to the copy+paste from wikipedia meme which was (and remains) good fun.

Two Things:

1) Someone was me, kinda. I wear that honor with pride.

Full Story: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ion-your-vacations-216043-26.html#post7716804

First Instance: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/hip-hop-purists-181587-33.html#post7715655

2) NSW was doing that wiki thing for quite some time. I'm not sure what prompted it, but they're two different situations.

EDIT: This appears to be the first time he did it http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-let-cobbler-title-214214-31.html#post7550695

No, you're right, he looked down on us sad virgins...

If only we listened to The Darkness.

I hate him for making it impossible for me to talk about how much I love The Darkness. But I do think he initially wasn't so bad, but a lot of negativity turned him to the dark side.

It's all about staying under the flame out meter. If you were to look at my collective assholeishness over the last 15 years, how I haven't been banned is beyond me, but I also haven't ever had that epic flameout.

If I ever do have the flameout, it will be strategic and well thought out, I promise you that.

Exactly! Most people are given the proverbial 2 strikes. If you put the brakes on after that, you're cool for a little while. I've been issued warnings in the past, but never suspended or banned. This place is my sanctuary many times. I wouldn't want to be banned. I enjoy getting into a row with people, but try to avoid attacking people. For example, I've been highly entertained fucking with Peef for many years. He's said I was an idiot or stupid. Even told me to go fuck myself. Being the prick that I am, that stuff doesn't bother me at all. Meanwhile, I'm sure in "real life" I could kick back and have a beer with the guy and shoot the shit.

They

Ha... Found it.

Once upon a time, there was a poster who was known for making false claims on the interwebs, and getting mighty defensive when called out over said false claims. This is where our story begins...

U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

The false claims, as usual, were discussed as if they may be true for a few pages... then Axver chimed in on the poster's history... then myself... And then things got a little dicey once the original poster actually ASKED for anyone who didn't believe him to "look him up"

Hilarity, awkwardness, and "oh fuck" ensues.

It's hard to beat that one.

Exactly! Most people are given the proverbial 2 strikes. If you put the brakes on after that, you're cool for a little while. I've been issued warnings in the past, but never suspended or banned. This place is my sanctuary many times. I wouldn't want to be banned. I enjoy getting into a row with people, but try to avoid attacking people. For example, I've been highly entertained fucking with Peef for many years. He's said I was an idiot or stupid. Even told me to go fuck myself. Being the prick that I am, that stuff doesn't bother me at all. Meanwhile, I'm sure in "real life" I could kick back and have a beer with the guy and shoot the shit.

Oh totally, and the funny thing is, some of the people I get along with the most here now at some point I've gotten into huge arguments with.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

Since we're being all open and honest and such, I can't believe how much better I've been getting along with you, over the course of the last year. :hug:

Since we're being all open and honest and such, I can't believe how much better I've been getting along with you, over the course of the last year. :hug:

Well, if our commonality is being U2 fans, then we're bound to get along. :wink:

Obviously, we've had plenty of trolls come in here who couldn't give a shit about U2 and stir up shit. Usually those people are banned in a timely fashion.

Being in a coma is the easy part. The inevitable painkiller addiction that will follow is going to make the wait unbearable.

I do hope "Bono's in a coma" has the longevity to become an Interference classic. It cracks me up every time.

I must admit I'm surprised I never got a serious ban during my young and angry days, i.e. my first three or four years on Interference. I did once get banned for about a week or two from the tour forum during Vertigo, but that's it. I really, really thought I was going to get hit with a whopping big ban after the Kunstmuseum prank.

I've definitely mellowed in recent years.

As good a description as there could be. :lol: That was bizarre.

I miss Von Schloopen to an extent. He got offended by the most random shit.

Oh I definitely miss Schloop-a-doop. He was hilarious. Whenever a band I like that's on the decline releases an album and I kind of dread listening to it in the expectation that it will suck (or other similar situations where I go into an album not expecting to like it), I think of his Schloopness.

Shame we never were able to confirm if he was the return of Brau - or at least last time I checked there had been no such confirmation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom