The Temple Bar-Where Everybody Knows your Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beav, I have both seasons of the Office but somehow never bought the additional episode they eventually aired, the final one. I'm a fool. I've seen it, but do not own it. It ends nicely, very nicely.

No spoken words said:
Beav, I have both seasons of the Office but somehow never bought the additional episode they eventually aired, the final one. I'm a fool. I've seen it, but do not own it. It ends nicely, very nicely.

Dude - the whole series is about those last two episodes! David Brent's video for "If you Don't Know Me By Now"? Oh man. And yes, the ending is awesome. I'm a guy and even I was like :sad: a little bit there. Just a little bit. I had to go out and beat a hooker to feel manly again.

The BBC version, Mia...the original, was 2 seasons, by design. The NBC version is in season 3 and going strong....here in the states, it's always commerce over art, so it'll run for a while.....

redhotswami said:
the office only lasted 2 seasons??? i never saw it! :sad: im a fan of steve carrell too.

The English one. Very different than the American one. You can get the complete set (both season + the 2 episode special) for pretty cheap I think. Definitely worth it.

No spoken words said:
The BBC version, Mia...the original, was 2 seasons, by design. The NBC version is in season 3 and going strong....here in the states, it's always commerce over art, so it'll run for a while.....

OH! I didn't know there was a BBC version. I'm so out of it! Is it better than the NBC?

UberBeaver said:

Dude - the whole series is about those last two episodes! David Brent's video for "If you Don't Know Me By Now"? Oh man. And yes, the ending is awesome. I'm a guy and even I was like :sad: a little bit there. Just a little bit. I had to go out and beat a hooker to feel manly again.

Soon you'll be able to beat your kid, so, those whore beating days will be over post-haste. Yes, I know that the series is incomplete without the last episode....the video with Brent is beyond funny...it's easy to do fake/funny videos, but that was transcendent....and the end was touching, even for a straight up gangsta like you....cos, you know what, Beav? Gangstas need love too.

ThoraSEB said:
Oh my god, that song. :yikes: You're going to fucking get it stuck in my head. :grumpy: Thanks.

Hieroglyphics? let me be specific I wanna be down in your south seas
But I got this notion that the motion of your ocean means small craft advisory
So if I capsize on your thighs high tide, b5 you sunk my battleship

redhotswami said:

OH! I didn't know there was a BBC version. I'm so out of it! Is it better than the NBC?

The American one is more sit-comy. The English one is more of a documentary of a complete moron, and a brilliant love story. They're kind of too different in many ways, but I prefer the English one.

I also like when shows end, instead of getting dragged out and ruined.

No spoken words said:

Soon you'll be able to beat your kid, so, those whore beating days will be over post-haste. Yes, I know that the series is incomplete without the last episode....the video with Brent is beyond funny...it's easy to do fake/funny videos, but that was transcendent....and the end was touching, even for a straight up gangsta like you....cos, you know what, Beav? Gangstas need love too.

I don't want to beat my kid.:sad: I want to beat hookers. :( Make me feel like a real man, yes? [/borat]

redhotswami said:
like what CC did to xfiles :sad: bastard...

That was exactly what I was thinking of. If the X-Files had quit when Moulder left, I'd have all the DVDs and I'd watch them over and over, but it got so silly I lost all interest. The Office though, I can watch anytime. Same with Arrested Development or Firefly.

UberBeaver said:

Hieroglyphics? let me be specific I wanna be down in your south seas
But I got this notion that the motion of your ocean means small craft advisory
So if I capsize on your thighs high tide, b5 you sunk my battleship

:tsk:

:sigh:

I give up. :lol:

What'd I just say? American TV values commerce over art, largely, so most series are allowed to go on way too long. Deadwood is an example of the opposite....a succesful show that ended after 3 seasons, as it should....and largely had to, since it is based on real life events.

BBC Office is superior to me, and as Beav points out, different in tone....NBC version is funny, for sure, but there's something about the BBC version that places it a notch above.

No spoken words said:
What'd I just say? American TV values commerce over art, largely, so most series are allowed to go on way too long. Deadwood is an example of the opposite....a succesful show that ended after 3 seasons, as it should....and largely had to, since it is based on real life events.

BBC Office is superior to me, and as Beav points out, different in tone....NBC version is funny, for sure, but there's something about the BBC version that places it a notch above.

It's very real. The special is sometimes hard to watch. The NBC version will never do that. American's hate TV like that. They don't have the patience for the descent followed by the rise to victory. Once it's uncomfortable people tune out. It's a shame cause it makes the payoff so much better.

Back
Top Bottom