The Temple Bar- What is this Feeling UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila, I tried, really I did. :sigh:

But when he sang Money, baby Jesus (and I) cried. :sad:

Us and Them with the David sound-alike was just bizarre. :huh:

And Brain Damage/Eclipse and Another Brick...there were parts when he sounded adequate, other parts where he sounded like complete crap. And, I'm about 90% sure I heard him singing to a backing track. Sarah thought she heard it too, and mentioned it before I had a chance to.

The guitar player - again, I was thinking, and she said...well, the way she put it is that it was technically okay, he's hitting all the correct notes, but it sounded wrong. It was technically right, but had no guts, no soul. :sigh:

She was also pissed that the sax parts weren't right. :lol:

Last edited:
I am without satellite or cable, as I just moved into my place...been watching DVDs if home at night....so, have seen none of today's concerts, sadly. But, VP, damn right the Police sounded amazing!!! :) Glad they participated today.

Reg, you know, I only minded one of the reworkings....and that was for Don't Stand So Close to Me.....just a tad too slow....wait, Invisible Sun was also a tad too slow, but, that's such a great song that I did not mind too much....on the flip side, there were a few songs that I thought were now better than before, like Walking on the Moon and I Can't Stand Losing.

Philbert, this is a U2 site, so, that's ok.

That's my favorite U2 song, and the "No Spoken Words, just a Screaaaaammmmm" kicks off my favorite part of the song. I Lurves it.

Hope the dreaded shift is not too bad and goes by swiftly.

No spoken words said:
Reg, you know, I only minded one of the reworkings....and that was for Don't Stand So Close to Me.....just a tad too slow....wait, Invisible Sun was also a tad too slow, but, that's such a great song that I did not mind too much....on the flip side, there were a few songs that I thought were now better than before, like Walking on the Moon and I Can't Stand Losing.

OK, I liked Walking in Your Footsteps myself, but Don't Stand So Close To Me sucked...:yuck:

:shrug:

Drea, I don't remember it all off-hand, sorry...was looking to see if it was posted anywhere on the internets, having poor luck....am sure someone with better skillz can find it. :)

redkat said:

I heard Rhianna on the radio broadcast talking about how she watched live earth on tv before and was so excited to be apart of it this year :huh:

Adds this to the list of reasons I do not like her...

That, and are we really to the point where top 40 artists can sing about an umbrella and be cool? :tsk: to America's popular music...

Good evening :wave:

I ended up watching way too much Live Earth today :huh:

Some of my highlights include:

Keith Urban/Alicia Keys
Crowded House (finally saw them and they were awesome even with the lights off)
Foos
Police
Bon Jovi

On a down note:

Pussy Cat Dolls :rant:

Back
Top Bottom