The Temple Bar- What is this Feeling UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was reading a book that actually said something about hearing your own voice read the words on the page. I thought maybe I was the only one but I hear the author. Which is just male or female however I guess the author might sound. Sometimes they even have an accent :uhoh:

snow; pm

Know what? When I read, I sometimes hear a certain gender.

For example, I had to read this book about teaching that was written by a woman. So, it was a woman's voice in my head. But...I read the book Comanche Moon a little while ago...it was my voice...except when the Rangers talked, it was some Texan guy. Is this wierd?

Comanche Moon......I have only read Lonesome Dove, need to eventually get to Comanche Moon and Streetsq of Laredo and the 4th title that escapes me at this moment. McMurtry. :drool:

I don't think that's weird, Philbert, but then again, consider the source of that opinion.

I have to stay in town, sorry.

Went to Taste of Chicago today. And we took the architectural tour after that. Nice, long day with someone whose company I actually enjoyed.

Phil, I plan to read all the McMurtry books that pertain to the Lonesome Dove characters. I loved Lonesome Dove, and the mini-series was great, too.

I've never used the ignore feature, I like ignoring people without automation.

Lonesome Dove was meant to be read first, but, Phil, you take a good long look at rules, because you want to memorize just what you're about to break into millions of tiny pieces.

I used it right before the list became public on one person that just sorta irked me. I don't even know them or have a problem with them I just wanted to try it out. Then I felt horrible and couldn't figure out how to undo it.

Go to usercp and to the right of edit buddy list there is edit ignore list.

:lol: i'd be flattered

I check my ignore thingy often :der: as if someone who's hated me for a long time will suddenly discover it and find relief

I thought this was funny, also from CNN Sounds like a story beav would make up.

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (AP) -- A woman in New Mexico tried to escape from jail guards using baby powder, cocoa butter and lots of socks, deputies said.

Anita Rachel Thomas, 20, was able to wriggle out of leg irons because she was wearing six pairs of socks, authorities said. She used cocoa butter as a lubricant to slide the leg irons and handcuffs from around her ankles and wrists, officials said.

Thomas, freed from restraints in a jail transport van outside court on Tuesday, threw baby powder at an officer, pushed him out of the way and tried to run past him, Dona Ana County sheriff's officers said.

She made it about two feet past the officer when he grabbed her, they said.

yea I got nothin

night :wave:

It's too bad. I made this super awesome thing but it's on my website, so too bad for everyone here cause I can't share it. I'll be sure to wave to all of you from my personal jet that I'll be flying in cuase I'm so rich from what I posted on my website which I can't share with you.

Back
Top Bottom