The Temple Bar - U23D Edition!!!!! UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U23D

• Atlanta

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Monkeys

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Bitches

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
elevated_u2_fan said:

Yeah, that stuff looks ok...

The big fuzzy guy is the one who bugs me... kinda reminds me of the big brown monster guy from the Muppet Show... When I was a little kid I used to hide behind the couch whenever he came on the TV :reject:

oh...snuffleupagus!

unico said:

oh...snuffleupagus!

no, that was Sesame Street...

this guy was on the Muppet Show. I looked him up and his name was "Sweetums" which makes him slightly less scary...

Here he is about to eat Robin ( :lol: ):

sweetums.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:

BoMac! whats the deal yo? I see your habs beat the crap out of Washington :jealous:

Yeah, it was a good game for Les Glorieux. Ovechkin didn't do much, which was a disappointment as he's my favourite non-Montreal player.

I enjoy going to the games for many reasons and one of them is U2!

Prior to the game they dim the lights and start playing Bad over the loudspeakers. They then flash the names of the all-time greats on the ice and a video montage of the hightlights throught the team's history is shown on the screen. This is interspersed with testimonials from some of the great players about what being a Montreal Canadien meant to them. As Bad is finishing the ice is flooded with photos of everyone from Toe Blake, Rocket Richard, Scotty Bowman to Patrick Roy.

Then, after each and every Habs goal Vertigo is played. The only change from three years ago is when the players first come on the ice. Last year and this year, as the house announcer says: "Mesdames et messieurs, ladies and gentlemen, your Montreal Canadiens, vos Canadiens de Montréal!!" two children with flags would hit the ice followed by the players to a continous loop of the solo in Coldplay's Fix You.

In the past the players would enter the rink to Streets, which as we all know, is the perfect way to make an entrance. :D

Oh yeah, that's right. :)

I've been to a home opener only once, but it was so incredible. It was right after the lockout, and the place went batshit crazy when the players stepped onto the ice. Lots of fun was had. :D

BonoManiac said:
Yeah, it was a good game for Les Glorieux. Ovechkin didn't do much, which was a disappointment as he's my favourite non-Montreal player.

I enjoy going to the games for many reasons and one of them is U2!

Prior to the game they dim the lights and start playing Bad over the loudspeakers. They then flash the names of the all-time greats on the ice and a video montage of the hightlights throught the team's history is shown on the screen. This is interspersed with testimonials from some of the great players about what being a Montreal Canadien meant to them. As Bad is finishing the ice is flooded with photos of everyone from Toe Blake, Rocket Richard, Scotty Bowman to Patrick Roy.

Then, after each and every Habs goal Vertigo is played. The only change from three years ago is when the players first come on the ice. Last year and this year, as the house announcer says: "Mesdames et messieurs, ladies and gentlemen, your Montreal Canadiens, vos Canadiens de Montréal!!" two children with flags would hit the ice followed by the players to a continous loop of the solo in Coldplay's Fix You.

In the past the players would enter the rink to Streets, which as we all know, is the perfect way to make an entrance. :D

*adds "history intro" to "reasons to see a game in Montreal one of these days"*

I would've loved to see a game at the Forum, but alas, I never got there :sad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom