The Temple Bar - U23D Edition!!!!! UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U23D

• Atlanta

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Monkeys

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Bitches

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
By the time I get healthy again I'll have a 6 pack of abs because of all this coughing I'm doing. My muscles are sore :angry:

I went to the school nurse but she was all booked today, sounds like a lot of people probably have what I have.

My crush (the guy I have a crush on, not the douche who has a crush on me) left me a note on my facebook wall saying he's sick too :(

elevated_u2_fan said:

:up: they're calling for a blizzard tomorrow here... I might be convinced to stay home... I can't blame it on traffic though... stupid reliable public transit :angry:

My daughter is in KW (snow belt country :happy: ) and wants to come home tomorrow. I'm trying to get in touch with her to see if she can miss her Friday lecture, and I can go get her this afternoon.

Sorry you're feeling so awful, Dem. :( Is there only one nurse at your school?

Boy this place is hoppin today.

a) No I didn't ask to use her chapstick

b) U23D would be fun but my ears hurt :(

Now I need to summon up the energy to go get some lunch. I've eaten all my food here.

I was watching SATC last night and this quote came up, it is now in my AIM profile :yes:

"Men in their forties are like the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle: tricky, complicated, and you're never really sure you got the right answer " ~Carrie Bradshaw

hardyharhar said:

PF - Beav mentioned Janes Addiction the other day, you should get the songs "Stop", and "Been Caught Stealing" now. UB can probably give you some more.

And uberbeaver - You mentioned the Pixies also. My friend at the post office was playing a killer punk song today and he told me it was the Pixies. Are most of their songs high octane? Reminded me of Husker Du a bit. I guess the name threw me off and I never checked them out. Where would one start with them.

Surfer Rosa is there first first length album, and it's probably my favorite, but it takes a few listens to click. I didn't like it the first time, but after a couple of days, you can't stop. Doolittle is abit more accessible and also excellent. And yeah, most of their stuff is high octane. They have some real pop stuff (Here Comes Your Man) not too many slow songs or ballads, per se. And a lot of it is just weird noise and screaming, but it's tongue in cheek for the most part. After Jane'sm they're my favorite American band. Not as serious as Husker Du, and not as bitter as the Replacements, but same ballpark.

Jane's - Both the entire albums Nothing Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual - pretty much from beginning to end - are brilliant. Just songs: Three Days (greatest song ever written), Then She Did, Ain't No Right, Stop, Summertime Rolls, Mountain Song, Ted Just Admit It, Up the Beach and Ocean Size....yeah, just get the albums. They're complete works, really.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom