The Temple Bar - Putting Staplers in Jello and Bringing Sexyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
It's hitting me now that I will not have completly relaxing days again until the kid is[are] off to college. And probably not even then. What have I done? :freaked:

I'm sure you'll be fine. :yes:

Although, my poor mom probably hasn't had a minute's rest since I came out. She's told me before I'm quite the piece of work. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I got 4 hours last night, I could have gone back to bed for a while, but I didn't. :|

Beav, it'll probably be a little crazy for a few years, but depending on the temperament of the kid, and the way you raise her, it won't be that bad. You and the Mrs. will do fine. :up:

Thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine, but I'm a HUGE fan of doing nothing. I don't think I'll be able to do that so much anymore. :(

UberBeaver said:

Thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine, but I'm a HUGE fan of doing nothing. I don't think I'll be able to do that so much anymore. :(

I don't know if I can articulate this properly, but I'll give it a shot.

When you see her, it'll be love at first sight. You'll want to do all these things for her. When you get her home, there will be an adjustment curve, but gradually you'll all fall into a rhythm. You'll still have moments of doing nothing, they'll just be more spread apart, and probably fewer at a time.

Does your wife work? How long is she taking off?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Well, not unless you decide to make your wife do all the work, in which case that'd be pretty jerky and I don't think that's your style, at all.

I've tried that. :mad: She doesn't do as she's told.

VintagePunk said:

Does your wife work? How long is she taking off?
She's an art teacher, little kids. :D She's got 6 weeks off I think. I'm sure everything will be fine, it just hit me that I can't spend an entire Sunday half asleep on a couch nursing a hangover anymore.

That's right, the days of selfishness and complete self-indulgence are pretty much over, except for rare occasions that are to be treasured.

Only 6 weeks? Holy shit. :crazy: In Canada, we get a year, and that can be taken by one parent, or divided between the two.

VintagePunk said:
That's right, the days of selfishness and complete self-indulgence are pretty much over, except for rare occasions that are to be treasured.

Only 6 weeks? Holy shit. :crazy: In Canada, we get a year, and that can be taken by one parent, or divided between the two.

A year? Paid? Damn. She technically gets no paid "maternity leave". She is using her collected sick days and vacation time. It's a bullshit system if you ask me.

30 minutes at a blackjack table lost,lost,lost :sad:

I thought I'd play again but being there with people that don't gamble I didn't and maybe it was for the best. Never even got to play craps :sad:

I did bet on a basketball game, thought I'd lost and turns out I won so I gotta keep that stub till I go back. I've got a bet on the super bowl too :up:

Got just a few hours sleep all weekend and crashed early last night. Had lots of fun though :D

:wave:

My friend is having a big party for her hubbies bday on st.patricks day. I won't be able to go but I've offered to help by researching some more pubs :shifty::drool: to see who could cater it.

UberBeaver said:

A year? Paid? Damn. She technically gets no paid "maternity leave". She is using her collected sick days and vacation time. It's a bullshit system if you ask me.

That really sucks. :tsk:

Like VP said - we get a pretty good deal here in Canada w/ mat leave. :yes:

Good morning/afternoon, all! :wave:

UberBeaver said:

You get 60% of your wages, paid through the government employment insurance program, and your employer is required to keep your job for you for a year.

Babies....they're a god-send, and they're very trying. My daughter was a great baby...kept a great schedule, was obedient...now she's going on 13...:yikes: but she's still my girl...:cute:

My son was terrible, no schedule, cried like a banshee...now he's 10 and an :angel:

And Beav...there are NO more relaxing days...even when you think you get one...you're constantly thinking about the responsibility you're slacking on...:uhoh:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

You get 60% of your wages, paid through the government employment insurance program, and your employer is required to keep your job for you for a year.

Well then that calls for
blahblah.jpg

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Babies....they're a god-send, and they're very trying. My daughter was a great baby...kept a great schedule, was obedient...now she's going on 13...:yikes: but she's still my girl...:cute:

My son was terrible, no schedule, cried like a banshee...now he's 10 and an :angel:

That's how my brother and I were. He was the quiet baby, but since he turned 1 he's been the problem child according to my mother. :lol:

Me? I woke my poor mother up every 2 hours crying. :lol: Now I'm the good kid....sort of. :shifty:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I wish I was at school now.

No, bed... I wish I were back in bed. I don't think I'll be giving blood today, not with the way I feel right now. :sick:

*crawls to couch and curls up*

Hey there...:flirt:

Where'd you get that Pearl Jam son...:hmm: I want a copy of that! :yes:

*I'm a dork...I just saw my PM* :bow: to LMPA!!!

Hi VP :sexywink:

VintagePunk said:

If you ever want anyone to overreach or over-complicate things, I'm your girl. :up:

Brady from Elevation posts here from time to time. In fact, I think he has a thread in the gatherings thread right now. Gabe (who posts here and went to many, many U2 shows this tour) also has a band in the Toronto area, October, but I don't think they've been playing much in the past year.

I was thinking that if we find a bar, mention what we're doing to the owner, and then talk to Brady, maybe it can be arranged without us having to do anything financially. Just the promise of a roomful of crazy, drunken U2 fans spending money for the night ought to be incentive enough, I would think.

I just saw this (or reread it with a more awake pair of eyes) - when should the advance slutting take place? :hmm:

And, FYI, heard Gabe's in FL now with another band.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Guys never do...Oh it's great the 15 to 30 minutes of conceiving the baby, but the HAVING and CARING for the baby...that's where we sorta don't think that out too well...:no:

Well, if you look to the animal kingdom, males generally don't tend to the children. So I think we, men, tend to still think we're animals, and then some female is like, "Hey - where you goin?" And we say, "Uh, I dunno. Graze a bit. Maybe hunt and gather, you know, male things." And then she's like, "Uh, no. Help me raise the kid." And we don't know what to do, and thats when everything hits. I'm in that phase now. I just want to graze or hang out in a tree eating fruit, like a sloth, but those days are behind me.

fruit :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom