The Temple Bar: Put On Your Business Socks Cause It's Time For Business, Oh Yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia? I read your journal. Congrats on the interviews, telling them if they ask is the best idea. I'm sure you know these academic types all talk to each other. I got a fellowship offer from one school on tuesday, another on wednesday that was better and the same day school 1 upped theirs to top school 2. it's funny how they just KNOW.

unico said:
Thanks ElFa & Thora :hug: Hahaha this week just keeps getting better. 3 interviews in one week! If I get the job in NYC, forget booking a hotel. Mass drunken orgy at my place!!!!!

And it's only Monday! That is truly very awesome. I'm so happy for you! :hug:

I just bought tickets to go to a music festival in Seattle next weekend. Holy last minute planner, Batman! :lol: It should be great. As long as the weather is decent, we'll have fun no matter what.

ThoraSEB said:

I just bought tickets to go to a music festival in Seattle next weekend. Holy last minute planner, Batman! :lol: It should be great. As long as the weather is decent, we'll have fun no matter what.

Thanks Thora :hug: Hey last minute plans are the best kinda plans!!! You're gonna have fun. I love going to music festivals, especially hearing bands I've never heard before.

unico said:

Thanks Thora :hug: Hey last minute plans are the best kinda plans!!! You're gonna have fun. I love going to music festivals, especially hearing bands I've never heard before.

It was a spur of the moment decision, and I'm excited. I used to go to this every year, but it's been a few years since I've been able to go.

The bands/singers that I am somewhat familiar with that are playing are Crowded House, The Shins, John Legend, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Stars of Track and Field, Kings of Leon, Fergie ( :yuck: ), Joss Stone, and Wu-Tang Clan. There's a ton more that I've never heard of.

There's a band called The Whore Moans that's playing at some point. :lol: I might have to check them out just based on their name!

ThoraSEB said:

It was a spur of the moment decision, and I'm excited. I used to go to this every year, but it's been a few years since I've been able to go.

The bands/singers that I am somewhat familiar with that are playing are Crowded House, The Shins, John Legend, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Stars of Track and Field, Kings of Leon, Fergie ( :yuck: ), Joss Stone, and Wu-Tang Clan. There's a ton more that I've never heard of.

There's a band called The Whore Moans that's playing at some point. :lol: I might have to check them out just based on their name!

John Legend :drool:
Joss Stone has potential, but I think I just saw her on a bad night (it was cold, rainy, and we were outside. And she was FREEZING.) I'd like to see her again though.
And omg Wu-Tang are still together??? Oh wow what I wouldn't give to see them live. I remember 36 chambers back in the day!

unico said:

Thanks VP :hug: Great to see you here :)

Yeah, my appearances have been sporadic for the past month due to an injury and now my workload. I'm hoping that'll be better in a few days. :fingerscrossed:

So, which position seems most desirable atm?

ThoraSEB said:

Bumbershoot? If it is you should post your opinion of the festival. I want to try Bonaroo and either Coachella or Bumbershoot

Yes - it's Bumbershoot. It's been so awesome in the past - they usually have a great lineup. This year there's also art, film, comedy, and a bunch of other things, so I'm really looking forward to it.

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, my appearances have been sporadic for the past month due to an injury and now my workload. I'm hoping that'll be better in a few days. :fingerscrossed:

So, which position seems most desirable atm?

Actually, NYC is. I love the location, of course. And I think it would be really great to be in an Art environment again. I think advising artists will also encourage me to pick up the paint brushes again. I'd definitely feel in my element!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Are they flying you in? :rockon:

NYC???????????? :hyper::hyper:

Can you see if they need a paralegal in about oh, 2 years?

*crossesfingersfornyccausedetroitsuuuuuuuucks*

:D

Nah it's a phone interview. I may be flying in to do an in-person interview if they like me.

I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Actually, a friend of a friend living in NYC just moved there from LA to begin her career as a paralegal. She loves it!

unico said:

Actually, NYC is. I love the location, of course. And I think it would be really great to be in an Art environment again. I think advising artists will also encourage me to pick up the paint brushes again. I'd definitely feel in my element!

Good vibes for NY it is, then. :up: :)

Back to work... :dragsselfaway:

unico said:

Nah it's a phone interview. I may be flying in to do an in-person interview if they like me.

I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Actually, a friend of a friend living in NYC just moved there from LA to begin her career as a paralegal. She loves it!

Really? What kind of degree does she have and is she staying in a shoebox?

See, I always say I'd love to live in NY, but only if I could afford an apartment similar to where I'm living now but realistically that would cost at least $1500 or more in the city. :yikes:

Bye VP :wave:

Hi and bye, VP!

Hope your class goes well, LMPA!

I should not have had that burrito for lunch. It was tasty, but I think I ate too much. :uncomfortablyfull:

:driveby:

Congrats & good luck Mia!
Sounds like fun Thora. I just saw Crowded House on Saturday, and may try again for tomorrow (saw them in April too). I'm on a CH kick right now. If you want, you can watch a webcast of their 8/18 show in Chicago: http://entimg.msn.com/i/ExperienceData/p1-6/us/x.htm?sh=MMIC&ep=MMICCrowdedHouse_b

I've been listening to it this afternoon.

Nice to see you again VP. Hope your class is entertaining LMPA. And Beav, since NSW ain't here, GFYFMF

Back to work madness :crack:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom