The Temple Bar: Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

A goes with G.
B with D
C with A
D with F
E with E
F with C
G with B.

That help?

No. :sad:

This one test didn't correlate with another in the usual/expected way, so you've gotta look for reasons before you accept it as a true correlation. The first step is to go back to the individual raw data for each question for each participant, and see that it was entered into the program correctly. 14 questions on that measure x 75 participants = :crazy:

snowbunny00774 said:

Hope those scores work out for ya VP :hug:

They're not. :angry: And one of the measures in question is one that my advisor and one of his grad students created a few years ago, so of course the problem has to lie with me and my results, he'd never acknowledge that it's the measure...

:killacademiaintheface:

Oooh! Runs to see new thread! :hyper:

ticketmaster bastards I'm so pissed off right now

My tickets are no good but I have to mail them back to get a refund and try my luck at the general sale if I want to go. Meanwhile people able to get to SDSU have been able to buy these tickets for the past few days :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

redkat said:

My tickets are no good but I have to mail them back to get a refund and try my luck at the general sale if I want to go. Meanwhile people able to get to SDSU have been able to buy these tickets for the past few days :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See? Pearl Jam was right. I hate ticketmaster. Whe possible, I go to the box office just to avoid giving those twats my money.

VintagePunk said:

No. :sad:

This one test didn't correlate with another in the usual/expected way, so you've gotta look for reasons before you accept it as a true correlation. The first step is to go back to the individual raw data for each question for each participant, and see that it was entered into the program correctly. 14 questions on that measure x 75 participants = :crazy:

what?

Are you looking at computer programs?

Do you think in the future there will be classes like Computer Psychology? I bet there will be. You could be a pioneer, VP!

I'm using a statistics program that we were never really taught to use, so it's learn as you go. The program is very big and powerful, and I probably know about 2 percent if it. People can make careers out of knowing this program well - seriously.

Our stats courses (I took four of them) used the program only in minor ways. My advisor was telling me that when he was an undergrad, at his school, there is an entire course devoted to just this program. I need that course.

So, I've been checking the raw data against what's entered in the program (it wasn't entered manually - some whiz kid in our dept. did it for me - clicked a few buttons and it was all in). Looks fine so far.

Doing data entry manually for my study would have been insane. I used 14 questionnaires. Each one has between 10 and 70-something questions on it. Multiply each question (I figured it out once, I think there are 400-something questions in total) by 75 participants.

redkat said:

That totally sucks. :hug: Ticketbastard can go to hell. :madwife:

Got both refunds :dancing:

concert tickets and flight tickets. My credit card feels lighter :D

I'll have class during the onsale so I doubt I'll be able to get replacement tickets though :(

DaveC said:
:rant:

Worst. Time. EVER. for my laptop to decide to go tits-up. :angry:

Your report? :sad:

UberBeaver said:
For the second day in a row, at pretty much this time, I've begun to feel real sick. I think this place, ie work, literally makes me sick.

Hmm - I felt pretty great this weekend and yesterday, but then last night I started coughing again.

I blame Michigan. :angry:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Your report? :sad:

My computer has a tendency to jar the cables connecting the screen to the video card loose when I walk with it in my bookbag. It doesn't happen often, but this is the third time in the past year, and when it happens the computer is useless since there's no display at all. And right as I was going to the library to finish writing out my report.

Now, I get to start my 15-page paper again from scratch, in the computer lab! :happy::|

ETA: Yeah, blame Michigan...:shifty:

Last edited:
yikes Dave that sucks :(

Seems like everyone has been sick this winter pretty much continuously. Hope y'all feel better!

I still need to unpack :reject:

DaveC said:

My computer has a tendency to jar the cables connecting the screen to the video card loose when I walk with it in my bookbag. It doesn't happen often, but this is the third time in the past year, and when it happens the computer is useless since there's no display at all. And right as I was going to the library to finish writing out my report.

Now, I get to start my 15-page paper again from scratch, in the computer lab! :happy::|

ETA: Yeah, blame Michigan...:shifty:

Oh, I am... :shifty:

That really sucks about the report. :slant:

:lol:

Sure sure. :wink:

I'm so excited! The game we're going to is the second to last game of the season, so I'm surprised that I was able to get tix on such short notice. Thankfully my hockey guy was able to hook me up.

Okay, so now there's been an electrical fire in the basement of the library, which means that it's closed "until further notice". The books I need to finish my report are in the library.

Why in the FUCK did I ever leave New York?? :scream::banghead::rant:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom