The Temple Bar : Now With Improved Flavour .. UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I let a moth in the house 2 days ago, and he sorta disappeared. I keep thinking I'm seeing him places, like he's hunting me, and I jump everytime. He was a big mother.

And last week we had a spider the size of Cleveland in the bathroom, but I manned it up and passive aggressively killed it by throwing shoes at it.

unico said:

yeah, at 3pm. i should be getting in somewhere around 12-1ish. i'm hoping to leave my bag at the hotel before going to the interview...if they let us check in that soon.

By 3pm you're going to be totally wasted. Are you flying in or taking the train?

eta- last.fm now synchs with ipods? :uhoh: I listen to some weird shit in my car.

UberBeaver said:

And last week we had a spider the size of Cleveland in the bathroom, but I manned it up and passive aggressively killed it by throwing shoes at it.

my brother being the spineless pussy he is kills them by spraying them with hairspray or whatever he can find in the bathroom until they stick to the floor and die. he got the bigger concentration of moron in the family. no really, he did.

I hope I'm stateside by 3pm. please, for the love of God. (I even went back and capitalized God in order to better my travel karma)

snowbunny00774 said:

my brother being the spineless pussy he is kills them by spraying them with hairspray or whatever he can find in the bathroom until they stick to the floor and die. he got the bigger concentration of moron in the family. no really, he did.

I hope I'm stateside by 3pm. please, for the love of God. (I even went back and capitalized God in order to better my travel karma)

Hairspray? Does it have to be aerosol? That's a brilliant technique. Is it an instant effect, or will I have to engage in a battle of quickness and wits with it for awhile?

I have this other technique where I call the wife in and let her do it. One time I woke her up cause a wasp wanted me dead. She got up, walked upstairs, killed the fucker and went back to bed. No victory lap, no showing the neighbors the spoils of war, no calling the taxidermist. Just back to bed. That chick is weird.

Your travel luck will be good this trip, I sense it. The stars are aligned with...Virgo? That's good for Cancers.

Nope, Penn is fine. Just trying to figure out where you're going to be. Plus if you were flying in and landing @ 12, it might be tough to get everything settled and off to your interview by 3.

Guess what just came on: The Seed 2.0 :drool:

UberBeaver said:

Hairspray? Does it have to be aerosol? That's a brilliant technique. Is it an instant effect, or will I have to engage in a battle of quickness and wits with it for awhile?

I have this other technique where I call the wife in and let her do it. One time I woke her up cause a wasp wanted me dead. She got up, walked upstairs, killed the fucker and went back to bed. No victory lap, no showing the neighbors the spoils of war, no calling the taxidermist. Just back to bed. That chick is weird.

Your travel luck will be good this trip, I sense it. The stars are aligned with...Virgo? That's good for Cancers.

wow, I seriously thought my bro was the only one who did that shit. One of the things I didn't miss when I moved out and my mom didn't miss when he moved in with the puppetmaster. Aersol works best I guess cos you can just hold the button down, the pump works better though in that it's more sticky and you can play with them for longer. I really should get you his email and he can give you the rundown. I remember watching TV and if I heard the spray noise and knew he wasn't going out (therefore not doing his hair, metrosexuals got nothing on this guy) that I had to run and put some poor fucking creature out of it's misery. If you call going one on one with a spider and spraycan a battle of quickness and wits, then yeah, it's be a good one. lol

I'll take all kinds of aligned moons for this to be a good travel day. I'm due in at 9.30 or something so ya gotta figure 6 or 7 at the latest, RITE?? :uhoh:

:mad: Anytime you have to defend your life against a creature it becomes a battle of quickness and wits. Don't demean the thrill of the hunt. Clearly a spider entering my home and staring me down is a challenge and if me and my opposable thumbs want to take advantage of the abilities that God and Nature gave me, along with the terrain, then so be it. The spider has both the weapons of fear and grotesqueness - OH and they can hide in places that shoes cannot reach. One of us has to die. I think it's only fair if I use shoes and aerosol. Thank your brother for me.

ETA - lol, I thought I just saw the moth again. Behind the computer. It's just a reflection. Yes. I did jump a little. STFU.

nite nsw :wave:

I have tried to kill bugs in every spineless way imaginable. It's alarming how untoxic some of our cleaners are. These bugs can last forever.

I'm finally watching Weeds, with a Keiths :drool:

redkat said:

I have tried to kill bugs in every spineless way imaginable. It's alarming how untoxic some of our cleaners are. These bugs can last forever.

Where did you get a Keiths? They sell that in the states? Or did someone bring you one? How nice. What's that like? I wouldn't know.

And I made the request you asked me to make and I got nothing, as predicted. :shrug:

UberBeaver said:
:mad: Anytime you have to defend your life against a creature it becomes a battle of quickness and wits. Don't demean the thrill of the hunt. Clearly a spider entering my home and staring me down is a challenge and if me and my opposable thumbs want to take advantage of the abilities that God and Nature gave me, along with the terrain, then so be it. The spider has both the weapons of fear and grotesqueness. One of us has to die. I think it's only fair if I use shoes and aerosol. Thank your brother for me.

:lol: he'd never use his shoes cos then he'd have spider guts all over them :cute:

try the aerosol thing, I want a full report - I've always thought he could be a serial killer or sadist or something and that was his version of torturing animals. If you say it's just a fun way of saving yours and your families lives then I'll believe him. begrudgingly.

redkat said:

enjoy :D

UberBeaver said:

Where did you get a Keiths? They sell that in the states? Or did someone bring you one? How nice. What's that like? I wouldn't know.

And I made the request you asked me to make and I got nothing, as predicted. :shrug:

keep whining and she never gets them.

dude your friends place sounds like sty :shudder:

No spoken words said:
My best friend, when he had bugs in a place he lived in, would kill one or two and leave them lying around as a warning to other insects.

That never works. The other insects feast upon their brethren as a warning to you. It's kinda fucked up.

When I was a kid, and we'd get one of those huge ant colonies on the sidewalk, my mother would boil water and kill all the ants. So I figured this is how such situations were handled, so when I moved to Queens and I saw a huge ant colony, I went in, boiled the water and came out and killed the colony. Dude, people looked at me like I was a fucking lunatic. Even the old people next door where like, "WTF are you doing, man?" I take it this is not the normal way to kill ant colonies? Is my mother just deranged?

I used to would mix cleaning products with honey and leave it outside and then count all the dead bugs the next morning. I probably shouldn't be admitting all this, but whatever.

UberBeaver said:

That never works. The other insects feast upon their brethren as a warning to you. It's kinda fucked up.

When I was a kid, and we'd get one of those huge ant colonies on the sidewalk, my mother would boil water and kill all the ants. So I figured this is how such situations were handled, so when I moved to Queens and I saw a huge ant colony, I went in, boiled the water and came out and killed the colony. Dude, people looked at me like I was a fucking lunatic. Even the old people next door where like, "WTF are you doing, man?" I take it this is not the normal way to kill ant colonies? Is my mother just deranged?

I used to would mix cleaning products with honey and leave it outside and then count all the dead bugs the next morning. I probably shouldn't be admitting all this, but whatever.

Your Mom sounds really sweet.

UberBeaver said:

noted, noted and noted. :creepy:

j/k, everyone has some weird shit (see aforementioned girlie scream and fucked up brother story). I can't wait till Siena tells dad stories :cute:

Night nsw, although I'm not sure how you can sleep knowing I'm still going to be the same miserable fuckup tmw cos you never gave me a self improvement list :sad: WHERE'S YOUR HUMANITY?!?!!?!?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom