The Temple Bar: Is there anybody alive out there UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta love it when you get on the bus while it's just overcast, and it's absolutely pouring by the time you get to the last bus stop.

Even better is when you've got a 15-minute walk from said bus stop to get home.

:slant:

I just got a call from work, my boss insists I was supposed to be there 15 minutes ago although I know for a fact that I wasn't scheduled to work until Thursday when I saw the schedule on Saturday afternoon... :huh:

The conflict between ranchers and homesteaders over land in southern Alberta in the early 20th century.

15-20 pages due at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, I've written exactly zero. :happy:

All-nighter, here I come!

ETA: How does somebody get killed with a doorknob? Or do I want to know? :hmm::yikes:

Ok, you win. :yikes:

Mine's only gotta be like 6 pages.
But I too have written 0. All nighter :hi5:!!!

I have a presentation I have to throw together for tomorrow too....nothing like flying by the seat of your pants. :happy:

The story is awesome, basically, the entire religious community destroys itself in a rather bloody battle. Beav would approve.
Basically, one dude is all " Dude, you don't know your shit man!" And another guy is like " Take that back bia-tch, how dare you insult my teacher"...and then he grabs a doorknob and kills the guy. At which point another person exclaims " Holy shit, you killed an arhat! (very important person)" So he kills the dude who killed the dude with a doorknob.
And all goes downhill from there.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ok, you win. :yikes:

Mine's only gotta be like 6 pages.
But I too have written 0. All nighter :hi5:!!!

Make sure to come around to the Bar tonight, I am going to be needing some company to keep me sane around 3:30-4 am. :hi5:

The story is awesome, basically, the entire religious community destroys itself in a rather bloody battle. Beav would approve.
Basically, one dude is all " Dude, you don't know your shit man!" And another guy is like " Take that back bia-tch, how dare you insult my teacher"...and then he grabs a doorknob and kills the guy. At which point another person exclaims " Holy shit, you killed an arhat! (very important person)" So he kills the dude who killed the dude with a doorknob.

That's a sweet story. Did they all kill each other before the doorknob incident or did that start the whole shitshow?

And a sweet paper.

Trade? :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hyper: :applaud: Does NJ rise from the field of battle, slightly buzzed, but Victorious? That's the only way to make that story better.

What's the name of this story?

DaveC said:

Make sure to come around to the Bar tonight, I am going to be needing some company to keep me sane around 3:30-4 am. :hi5:

You can bet on it dude. All nighters FTW :happy:

That's a sweet story. Did they all kill each other before the doorknob incident or did that start the whole shitshow?

And a sweet paper.

Trade? :hyper:

Oh, the doorknob was def when the shit hit the fan.
Ok, the whole reading isn't quite that exciting, but the end is kickass.

I really wish I could incorporate that summary into my essay somehow, my prof would most def approve. :hmm:

It is, well, escept for the whole it being a paper thing. :wink:

And........

No way! :lol:

Sorry. Your's is just way more excitment then I can handle.

UberBeaver said:

:hyper: :applaud: Does NJ rise from the field of battle, slightly buzzed, but Victorious? That's the only way to make that story better.

What's the name of this story?

No, but at the end, the Buddha arises to stand amongst the various limbs and appendages scattered around of all the monks and with all the zeness he can muster says:
WTF?!

Then walks off somewhere muttering about bloody idiots...*

This story, it's called " A prophecy of the death of the motherfuckin dharma UYMFA"

* may not be an accurate representation of actual events. In fact, this may be utter BS.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I should have asked if you could handle rummaging through 20 years of homestead applications and ranch financial records from the Canadian Department of the Interior before offering a trade. That swung it way too far in your favour. :sexywink:

What class is this paper for? It sounds pretty cool.

DaveC said:
Yeah, I guess I should have asked if you could handle rummaging through 20 years of homestead applications and ranch financial records from the Canadian Department of the Interior before offering a trade. That swung it way too far in your favour. :sexywink:

Wow, that gets me all excited just thinking about it.

really.

I'm so jealous.

:no:

What class is this paper for? It sounds pretty cool.

It is, but I think that has a lot to do with the Prof. He is frickin hilarious.
That sinfest comic that was in my sig? He sent it to us. :love:

It's just Introduction to Buddhism.

That's pretty cool. I was in an Anthropology of Religion class for most of this term (basically intro to every religion on earth), but I had to drop it because it's a full year class, and I'm not going to be in school anymore after December. Which sucks since it was probably my favourite of all my classes (not to mention incredibly easy).

Anyways, I'm going to eat, then seriously get to work on this thing. Good luck Bri, and see y'all later tonight :hi5:

~BrightestStar~ said:

No, but at the end, the Buddha arises to stand amongst the various limbs and appendages scattered around of all the monks and with all the zeness he can muster says:
WTF?!

Then walks off somewhere muttering about bloody idiots...*

This story, it's called " A prophecy of the death of the motherfuckin dharma UYMFA"

* may not be an accurate representation of actual events. In fact, this may be utter BS.

I like this story. I shall request the CoNJ to add it to the blog. I think there is enlightenement there. I like the concept that if you get stupid enough, the Buddah will fuck your shit up like a looter in a riot - cause that is how friggin badass a zenned out player like Buddah can be. Awesome. :hi5:

UberBeaver said:

I like this story. I shall request the CoNJ to add it to the blog. I think there is enlightenement there. I like the concept that if you get stupid enough, the Buddah will fuck your shit up like a looter in a riot - cause that is how friggin badass a zenned out player like Buddah can be. Awesome. :hi5:

He's got a nirvana blast, can fly through the air, and his toungue can cover the entire world.
You just can't beat shit like that.

I believe the following should be added to the commandments of the CoNJ:

Don't fuck with Buddha, or he'll fuck your karma up, biatch.

~BrightestStar~ said:

He's got a nirvana blast, can fly through the air, and his toungue can cover the entire world.
You just can't beat shit like that.

I believe the following should be added to the commandments of the CoNJ:

Don't fuck with Buddha, or he'll fuck your karma up, biatch.

I'll run it by them. You can never have too much good advice.

~BrightestStar~ said:

his toungue can cover the entire world.

Ladies love the Buddha. :tongue::sexywink:

I'm done school in December because I'm graduating with the 3-year degree instead of th 4-year degree. That, and I want to get the hell out of Halifax.

134, Bar.

Tryouts Day Two.

Trouble walking.

First cuts revealed tomorrow morning.

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom