The Temple Bar - :fuckyeah: ... MUYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone asked where you were the other day and I said probably campaigning for the US election - I don't think I was far off...have you figured out how to get a voter card with a postal box or anything?

No. Apparently our opinions up here don't count for shit. :sad:

The end of election season was timed well to coincide with the November release of the U2 album, but they had to screw that up, the fuckers. Now I'll have a 3 or 4 month period with nothing.

No. Apparently our opinions up here don't count for shit. :sad:

The end of election season was timed well to coincide with the November release of the U2 album, but they had to screw that up, the fuckers. Now I'll have a 3 or 4 month period with nothing.

Maybe U2 will at least announce a tour by then and you can spend that time planning routes and all that stuff :hmm:

Too many times?? How come? Where've you been? And how was your TO weekend?

Night Beav.

TO was crazy. I got lost getting there bc google maps thought I was Liz and tried to fuck with me. I found my way though. I arrived at the venue and was gonna eat at the asian grocery store that was nearby, but it was suggested i take a cab out to meet people for dinner. and i did...for $16. then it turned out the cab took me to the wrong damn restaurant...which i didn't discover til AFTER i had gotten out and went inside. so then i had to pay for another cab. by then it was too late, so i just went straight back to the venue. so i spent more than $30 to end up right where i was and not eat :angry:

it's okay though. elevation more than made up for it. really cool bunch of guys, they are.

Maybe U2 will at least announce a tour by then and you can spend that time planning routes and all that stuff :hmm:

Ha! I actually got all nostalgic the other night, and looked up places I stayed in Chicago last tour.

Sadly, unless my fortunes take a turn for the better, I don't think a big travel extravaganza is in the cards for me this time around.

TO was crazy. I got lost getting there bc google maps thought I was Liz and tried to fuck with me. I found my way though. I arrived at the venue and was gonna eat at the asian grocery store that was nearby, but it was suggested i take a cab out to meet people for dinner. and i did...for $16. then it turned out the cab took me to the wrong damn restaurant...which i didn't discover til AFTER i had gotten out and went inside. so then i had to pay for another cab. by then it was too late, so i just went straight back to the venue. so i spent more than $30 to end up right where i was and not eat :angry:

it's okay though. elevation more than made up for it. really cool bunch of guys, they are.

Ouch, that blows. :( At least you had a good time in the end. It was your first time there, no? What else did you see/do? :)

Ouch, that blows. :( At least you had a good time in the end. It was your first time there, no? What else did you see/do? :)

yeah that was my first time. unfortunately not much else. i took a night stroll along the dock, but that was about it. i only really got to see the city through my car and 2 cabs. cab #2 gave me his digits and wanted to take me out to coffee after the show. or in the morning. i can't remember, his accent threw me off. either way he never called.

yeah that was my first time. unfortunately not much else. i took a night stroll along the dock, but that was about it. i only really got to see the city through my car and 2 cabs. cab #2 gave me his digits and wanted to take me out to coffee after the show. or in the morning. i can't remember, his accent threw me off. either way he never called.

shit, that's too bad, you'll have to come back again soon. I'm about the same way though, when I go into the city, it's generally to see a show and leave. It's been a while since I've spent any significant time there other than at shows/baseball games/in GA lines. It's an awesome place to wander around in, if you've got the time.

shit, that's too bad, you'll have to come back again soon. I'm about the same way though, when I go into the city, it's generally to see a show and leave. It's been a while since I've spent any significant time there other than at shows/baseball games/in GA lines. It's an awesome place to wander around in, if you've got the time.

let's gooooooooooooooooo!!!!

snowbunny00774, still there? How was that thing you went to in TO a few weeks ago, that art night thing with the French name? That sounded cool. :drool: A couple of Sarah's friends who go to U of T were working at it. I'd never heard of it till you mentioned it on here.

I need a sugar daddy to finance my life of leisure, while I travel, stay in fine hotels, and look for adventure. :drool:

i was asking cab1 about TO, he didn't have much to say about it. he was like "NYC is better" you don't say. cab2 is in love with TO and practically crashed the car when i commented on how clean it was compared to buffalo. apparently he was offended that i even compared it to buffalo. afterwards though as we were driving he was pointing at random people on the street and saying "see him? he's a crackhead. that guy too. crackhead. that's a whole group of crackheads over there!"

i was asking cab1 about TO, he didn't have much to say about it. he was like "NYC is better" you don't say. cab2 is in love with TO and practically crashed the car when i commented on how clean it was compared to buffalo. apparently he was offended that i even compared it to buffalo. afterwards though as we were driving he was pointing at random people on the street and saying "see him? he's a crackhead. that guy too. crackhead. that's a whole group of crackheads over there!"

:lol: gotta love cab drivers that promote the city in various ways, even if it's pointing out the drug culture. Maybe he's had fares looking for that sort of thing.

Where did you stay?

:lol: gotta love cab drivers that promote the city in various ways, even if it's pointing out the drug culture. Maybe he's had fares looking for that sort of thing.

Where did you stay?

i didn't actually. i drove back home that night b/c i'm a ROAD WARRIOR! it only took me 1.5 hrs this time. much less traffic on the road. and this was with the QEW construction that had it closed off for a few km.

yeah where'd she go???

The thing I was talking about is some sort of art weekend that started in France, I think, and spread here. Blocks of the city are taken up with displays and installations and vendors and shit, and it goes on all night. At least that what it said when I read about it because no one asked me to go. :grumpy:

it's really fucking hard to defend the hokies when the defense scores more than the offense and then they go all consumer whore in the grocery store.

n6205208_39526552_8387.jpg

isn't the water and the wine enough???? wtf.

i didn't actually. i drove back home that night b/c i'm a ROAD WARRIOR! it only took me 1.5 hrs this time. much less traffic on the road. and this was with the QEW construction that had it closed off for a few km.

Yeah, the 401/QEW is pretty nuts. I generally avoid driving on it, it scares the crap out of me. I usually drive to Burlington and take the Go Train into the city. It's only $15 return, much easier and cheaper than parking.

The thing I was talking about is some sort of art weekend that started in France, I think, and spread here. Blocks of the city are taken up with displays and installations and vendors and shit, and it goes on all night. At least that what it said when I read about it because no one asked me to go. :grumpy:

:down: phail.
maybe she was on her way to surprise you and pick you up, but got lost in the path she created on google maps.

i like to call them slutz b/c i'm awesome like that.

back when i used to eat crisps, i would gobble down (lmao pun intended) the salt & pepper slutz. those were the best.
omg i love that...slutz! :love:

too bad we don't have them here. but when i was in the area last week i may have had a bag or two :hmm:

and you called them crisps :cute: i've never had the salt and pepper kind. just regular, barbecue, crab chips, and their cheese curls.

:down: phail.
maybe she was on her way to surprise you and pick you up, but got lost in the path she created on google maps.

Eh, don't pay any attention to me. Despite my bluster, I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. I'm pretty sure that was the weekend Sarah was home from school and she was sick. I would felt bad leaving her.

Those chips. :lol: Do your college teams seriously have products with their names??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom